Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I used to talk a bunch of trash about Halo. I thought it was boring because I played multi player with my nooby little cousins, didn't have that much fun, and then made up my mind that the game sucked. What a fool I was. I've been playing Halo multi player with people around my skill level lately and it's addicting as hell. I still think the campaign sucks though.

I can't believe I used to talk a bunch of trash about Halo. I thought it was boring because I played multi player with my nooby little cousins, didn't have that much fun, and then made up my mind that the game sucked. What a fool I was. I've been playing Halo multi player with people around my skill level lately and it's addicting as hell. I still think the campaign sucks though.

Halo: Good Campaign,through Bad Multiplayer (Health System).

Halo 2: Bad Campaign,through Good Multiplayer.

Halo 3: Middle in both.

I haven't played Halo 3 or O.D.S.T. in a long time since MW2. ;_;

Halo: Good Campaign,through Bad Multiplayer (Health System).

Halo 2: Bad Campaign,through Good Multiplayer.

Halo 3: Middle in both.

I haven't played Halo 3 or O.D.S.T. in a long time since MW2. ;_;

I dont know why, but i LOVE halo campaign. All of it. Every little bit.

In my charts, campaign is better than multiplayer in every game.

Mabye thats just cause i suck at multiplayer.... but whatever :P

I don't understand all the hate for Halo 2's campaign, I thought it was a much better narrative. Sure, it ended right in the middle with a cliffhanger, but it was the middle of the series when [cabbage] just started getting serious, what did you expect?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I don't understand all the hate for Halo 2's campaign, I thought it was a much better narrative. Sure, it ended right in the middle with a cliffhanger, but it was the middle of the series when [cabbage] just started getting serious, what did you expect?

That has nothing to do with it you fade into different characters too often when you want to be the character you were playing its like having a climax then having another climax and then endings right after a different climax. <_<

considering getting live again. do ppl still play halo3 or is it all ODST now?

Matchmaking is still very well alive through customs are near impossible since MW2.

ODST has no matchmaking so its friend-based for Firefight.

Through getting ODST gets you Halo 3 Multiplayer. :rolleyes:

Halo: Reach looks surprisingly good, it's a definite buy for me unless some leaked photos are correct and you control squad-mates, I despise games like that because I like concentrating on one person, not a group.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Halo: Reach looks surprisingly good, it's a definite buy for me unless some leaked photos are correct and you control squad-mates, I despise games like that because I like concentrating on one person, not a group.

RTS style, Battlefield 2 campaign style or Rainbow 6 style?

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

It really depends. Was it just setting their behevior, or fully controlling them?

The pictures showed squadmates' health in the corner which seems now like it is just there so you know when they're going to die, but I'm not sure.

RTS style, Battlefield 2 campaign style or Rainbow 6 style?

I don't like RTS very much, and I've never played BF2 or Rainbow 6 so I wouldn't know how those are. What I ment was that I can't stand games where you control yourself in a first person view and you have to take care of your teammates, because they are just too annoying sometimes. I like the integration of squadmates like they had in Mass Effect though.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

• 1 month later...

Oh.....

SCOPED MAGNUM!@!@@@@@@

Single-shot battle rifle!@@@@

EXECUTION KILLS!@@!!!

Big battle with lots of vehicles and infantry!@!@@

Just what I've always wanted in a halo game ^

So getting this game!

I just hope it isn't based too much on the book, otherwise it'll be a letdown in the end :sad:

And are those hornets?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Oh.....

SCOPED MAGNUM!@!@@@@@@

Single-shot battle rifle!@@@@

EXECUTION KILLS!@@!!!

Big battle with lots of vehicles and infantry!@!@@

Just what I've always wanted in a halo game ^

So getting this game!

I just hope it isn't based too much on the book, otherwise it'll be a letdown in the end :sad:

And are those hornets?

I can't wait for it either. It wont be based around the book, and those Vehicles are called Falcons.

You should watch this also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kco1sYXGwYE

If you want to know more about Halo: Reach, http://www.bungie.net/Projects/Reach/default.aspx all current info on the game so far.

vizardsig-1.png

I'm guessing we play as the lieutenant then... Since all of his stuff is "classified". Oh yea, also noticed a GRENADE LAUNCHER in the first trailer. EPIC. And maybe a new enemy? Or is bungie just showing the hunters as classified atm? Either way, this is going to be kick-[wagon]. And maybe a new version of the warthog?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I'm guessing we play as the lieutenant then... Since all of his stuff is "classified". Oh yea, also noticed a GRENADE LAUNCHER in the first trailer. EPIC. And maybe a new enemy? Or is bungie just showing the hunters as classified atm? Either way, this is going to be kick-[wagon]. And maybe a new version of the warthog?

Oh, there is a new enemy by the way, it is called the "Skirmisher" which is a subspecies of Jackal that had gone extinct on Reach.

Skirmisher_left.jpg

Also, Army Rangers will be featured in the game too, they look amazing... I just wonder what Marines and ODST will look like.

Trooper_left2.jpg

Bungie is going over the top for this game, I like it.

I also heard that they're is a good chance Rebels (like in the novels) will be featured too, and I remember seeing troops not wearing standard military gear pointing guns at the Spartans.

vizardsig-1.png