Wow. I need some advice, again. :x

hellbellz

Well this time it's for dealing with refs. :roll: For [American] Football.

It pisses me off so much. Next week I swear if the refs are like they were the past two weeks, I'm probably going to get ejected from the game. They are horrible...

Ok, well today our game was pretty bad. We weren't blocking good, if you consider it blocking. Here's my problem. DEFENSE. I am an outstanding defensive end. The refs should be able to see what I see, they're only 20 yards away. Well today, the tight ends were just blocking in the back, holding, the same ol' stuff. Well the refs warned US about unsportsman like conduct, while the other team was yelling out "No yards!" to our faces. It's bullllllll. I get so heated when refs don't call the game fairly.

Let me get to the point, anyone have advise for me to calm down at the refs who don't call the game fair? :|

Sorry about the rant. I'm just trying not to punch a hole in my wall this afternoon.

I've never played american football but in football/soccer, just stay calm and try to explain what happened and get some team mates to back you up. Works in soccer, worth a try in american football... :-k

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

My advice is for you to play better. I doubt the refs were purposely calling the game unfairly, it's probably just that your team isn't all that good (not trying to be mean or anything). Don't let them upset you, they're just human and probably made a few mistakes. If you're going to lose, don't let it be because you got angry at the guys in striped shirts. You can fight with them if you want to but they'll normally win, trust me.

You said you weren't blocking good. You saw what you wanted to see -- the other team commiting fouls, which they probably were, but the refs have to try and see the whole game. Maybe the only part they saw was your teammates blocking illegally because they were frustrated. Refs aren't omniscient, and if they see and call one thing out of ignorance of the other there's nothing you can do about it.

So yes, it can be frustrating, but I doubt a defensive end blowing up in the ref's face is going to help matters.

p2gq.jpg

Well I don't play football, but in baseball the same thing bugs me.

Today I went 1-3, and I struck out twice. What pitches did I strike out, may you ask? A pitch that bounced before the plate and a pitch that nearly hit me on the head (I struck out looking both times). That made me so pissed... I hate how the umps can like control a game basically.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

oh man theres nothing more that i hate is unfair refs, i know sometimes the calls they make are the right ones but it seems whenever they arent in my favor i get pissed lol im very competitive but ive been trying to just take the calls whatever they but i know how refs can be :wall:

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

If the refs let them do it, you can probably get away with it too.

Refs/umps only piss me off when they call everything one way.

I'd rather them be consistantly wrong than just randomly right or wrong. At least after the first quarter you will know what they like to call.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Well I don't play football, but in baseball the same thing bugs me.

Today I went 1-3, and I struck out twice. What pitches did I strike out, may you ask? A pitch that bounced before the plate and a pitch that nearly hit me on the head (I struck out looking both times). That made me so pissed... I hate how the umps can like control a game basically.

I can beat that. Once, a ball hit my helmet, and the ump called it a strike. Then he reversed his desicon (sp?). And at a vollyball game, the other teams outside hitter went up to block, then the ball went in another direction, it took a 90 degree turn. Then the idiot refs said our player hit it out. there was so much booing. I'm just glad our coach didnt throw that chair
Amaranth_GTO.png

[bad refs in volleyball]

Haha, it sucks more when you have club refs at a 7th grade game, and they call penetration every single ****ing block, even when the other ref, and the other teams coach say it wasn't! Grr....

Or, back to football, when you get 40 YARDS for unsportsmanlike conduct because the coach argued a call.

There's only one thing worse than a crap ref and that's a team player with bad sportsman ship. If you can't play without becoming angry at another persons decision, don't play at all.

At the end of the day if you get angry here are the facts:

Fact 1: The ref is still going to call what he/she sees.

Fact 2: You would have gotten angry and achieved nothing.

Learn to live with the fact that people make mistakes and not everyone is going to agree with you.

The problem seems like you're an angry person projecting his anger in to his sports but it isn't working and can't find another technique to deal with the problem.

Crap ref will always be crap ref.

In with the monkey, out with the dragon.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Just deal with them until you get to the good refs. Trust me [at least in soccer], there are more good refs than bad. Just depends how lucky you are :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe they don't have 'flashback' cameras. Some referee's aren't as athletic as the players and can't get to the place quick enough. Now, I've played gridiron on a game, and In real life, but not amateurly. I did infact notice that it's not too easy refereeing. I know majority of the rules from the games, so I ref'ed a couple of games with about 10 of my friends, and they all complained. My only defence is "I didn't see it".

But, I do still agree with you. It get's me heated also.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Some schools don't have very good referee's...one school we played even had a referee when after a penalty and the ball was kicked into touch he didn't know it would be the kicking teams lineout :XD:

(that was rugby btw)

The referee is always right, live with it. Even if they are wrong.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I can beat that. Once, a ball hit my helmet, and the ump called it a strike. Then he reversed his desicon (sp?). And at a vollyball game, the other teams outside hitter went up to block, then the ball went in another direction, it took a 90 degree turn. Then the idiot refs said our player hit it out. there was so much booing. I'm just glad our coach didnt throw that chair

An opposing pitcher threw a ball at the top of the backstop and it got called a strike 3 on me. In the same game, this decided our fate, the kid was running to 3rd base, I took the throw from center field (This was a force play), I got the ball a good 4 feet ahead of the kid and was on the bag as well as tagging him and he got called safe. If he was out it was 3 outs in the last inning and we won 3-2, but instead he was safe and the run from 3rd scored and we didn't go to t he State Championship game. This was the semi-finals.

Take all the anger and channel it into your next hit.

Yes, you're lucky in that regard. In soccer, I can't really go all out and smash someone into the ground, at least without getting a card. But in football, that's pretty much what you're supposed to be doing :thumbsup: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

ah, yes i hate refs who don't see things in the right perspective. i've dealt with my fair share of crappy refs. The best thing to do when the ref is doing a really crappy job - take a dive. If he sees you getting "tripped" or being "held illegally" he'll start going after the other team. Its not the most honest thing, but it makes the other team mad, and the madder they get, the more the ref will call stuff on 'em

hope that helps :XD:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I know what you mean. I played defensive end as well. I have a 3 or 4 inch scar under where my shoulder pads were from some tight end with really long fingernails that was holding me all game and sliced me pretty good one play. When guys would hold really bad I would punch them in the stomachs. The main thing is to use your arms to smack their arms or torso and make sure to only attack one half of the tight end or offensive tackle's body. What also helped me is don't hit them square on because it is a lot easier for them to use their weight as well as hold when you do that. Then again I was little for a DE at 200 lbs so I had to rely on speed because some of those tackles would outweigh me by 100 lbs. Does your defense just assign you a gap to cover or do you read off blocks? Staying low and getting under their pads never hurts either.

Refs usually won't call it as long as they don't get their arms too wide while holding or don't grab you from behind.

Ambassadar.png