My theory on the God Wars Dungeon: How did it freeze over?

RabidChipmunk

Wait, if Sara was god of Wisdom, Zammy would be opposite :XD:

if Guthix is in the middle and represents Balance, Zammy would have to be evil and Sara be good?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

On this topic;

It's pretty obvious that Saradomin and Zamorak were mortal enemies and had their own huge war (what is currently defined in RuneScape history as THE godwars)...

Bandos and Armadyl, while powerfull themselves, had actually few followers, but they have a distinctive feature about them:

Bandos is quite obviously the god that represents the Melee fighting style, just by looking at his armor stats...

Armadyl is all for Ranging, and the negative melee statistics prove that too...

I was surprised to see that Zaros was completely left out of the GWD. And seeing that he is the one that lives and breaths magic (being the one you get your Ancient Magiks from) It couldve been Him that froze it...

But this theory gets shot down when you know that Zamorak was not a god untill he took the God-hood from Zaros...

So you have Saradomin for the forces of good

Guthix for balance

Zamorak for evil

Bandos for melee

Armadyl for range

And Zaros for magic

From the GWD, 2 of the above are missing; Zaros and Guthix. And while in no recorded history did these 2 ever interact, I wouldnt be surprised if in the end, a huge fight leads up to this.

Those who have completed Path of the Glouphrie, and didnt skip through Hazelmere's Prediction may have a small idea what is waiting for us...

sorry to brake your guessing but, zaros was allreday dead. he died in the second age, when zamorak pierced him with teh staff or armadyl. Anbd the GWD is well GOD WARS duengoen. the egsistance of zamorak liek a god is a provenm fact that zaoros was no longer there.

And bythe way thsi theory is um... well no offence, rubbish. In the description of GWD in teh front pahe tehre was written : "Both sides casts powerful spells shattering teh godsword and freezing themselves inside the dungeon.." - they frozeby themsleves, the spells they cast were not like the nowdays, tehy were moer mystic. (more ancient?)

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

This in itself is impossible, for energy cannot behave in the manner described, nor can it insulate heat.

Nor can it be called forth from a stone at will and formed in the four basic elements and then launched at another person.

IOW: Don't rule of possiblities because of physical limitations, this is RS.

I've heard of something like that happening, like someone who could concentrate his body heat into raw energy or something like that. If he could do it using his own energy, who's to say it can't happen with a battery/magically charged runestone?

Anyway, I have another theory. Maybe the mage created some sort of invisible magical thing floating in the air that absorbs heat from the area. What's more, the thing could transmit the energy drawn from Trollheim directly to the mage, making him/her practically invincible :-k .

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Nice theory

I want those spells along with Gothic Gaara's Mod magicks

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I enjoy these theories also :D

But, did both sides have ice magic? It says that they all tried to freeze each other, but in DT you got the ancient magics from killing the evil warriors who had stolen this energy from good. Or something like that :S So how did good/evil sides both have ice magic?

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

On this topic;

It's pretty obvious that Saradomin and Zamorak were mortal enemies and had their own huge war (what is currently defined in RuneScape history as THE godwars)...

Bandos and Armadyl, while powerfull themselves, had actually few followers, but they have a distinctive feature about them:

Bandos is quite obviously the god that represents the Melee fighting style, just by looking at his armor stats...

Armadyl is all for Ranging, and the negative melee statistics prove that too...

I was surprised to see that Zaros was completely left out of the GWD. And seeing that he is the one that lives and breaths magic (being the one you get your Ancient Magiks from) It couldve been Him that froze it...

But this theory gets shot down when you know that Zamorak was not a god untill he took the God-hood from Zaros...

So you have Saradomin for the forces of good

Guthix for balance

Zamorak for evil

Bandos for melee

Armadyl for range

And Zaros for magic

From the GWD, 2 of the above are missing; Zaros and Guthix. And while in no recorded history did these 2 ever interact, I wouldnt be surprised if in the end, a huge fight leads up to this.

Those who have completed Path of the Glouphrie, and didnt skip through Hazelmere's Prediction may have a small idea what is waiting for us...

sorry to brake your guessing but, zaros was allreday dead. he died in the second age, when zamorak pierced him with teh staff or armadyl. Anbd the GWD is well GOD WARS duengoen. the egsistance of zamorak liek a god is a provenm fact that zaoros was no longer there.

And bythe way thsi theory is um... well no offence, rubbish. In the description of GWD in teh front pahe tehre was written : "Both sides casts powerful spells shattering teh godsword and freezing themselves inside the dungeon.." - they frozeby themsleves, the spells they cast were not like the nowdays, tehy were moer mystic. (more ancient?)

can u retype that? maybe in english? :-s they froze themselves back when their magic was a lot stronger `nuff said ::'

227545.png

~aus troopa 2~retired~90 whips dropped at quit party~ Gf Runescape Gf jagex life pawned u in the end;)~

But, did both sides have ice magic? It says that they all tried to freeze each other, but in DT you got the ancient magics from killing the evil warriors who had stolen this energy from good. Or something like that :S So how did good/evil sides both have ice magic?

Alot can happen in thousands of years :ohnoes:

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

Think please. The God Wars started after Zaros was betrayed by Zamorak. Ofcourse he isn't there.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

You're being too close minded with magic.

We assume it's bursts of random stuff flying through the air and other wise pretty-ful st00f that we can see at work.

Take an example from LOTR. When Gandalf locked the party inside the place with the balrog, he "Spoke a word of command", or otherwise put a spell upon the door. Later on, he said those famous words, " You shall not pass!" therefore putting up a barrier of magick between them and the party.

Whats to say Magic in the third age wasn't like this? Each side could have put every enemy under spell, freezing(or possibly just binding, the freezing could have been done by Trollheim itself) them, and dooming them to an icy prison. It doesn't have to be a physical thing.

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

That is exactly what happened, except multiple mages were involved. The information is given in the original post announcing the release of the GWD, along with some other parts of its history. For those of you out there to lazy to look the post up yourselves, here is the relevant phrase.
The followers of Armadyl' date=' Bandos and Saradomin struggled against an army of Zamorakians and, during this battle, the sword became shattered. Both sides cast powerful spells, attempting to destroy their enemies and freeze them into solid statues of ice.[/quote']

I think this pretty much settles the issue :) .

Looks like the discussion was won by the 5th post but almost no one saw.

Jagex makes their updates vague enough to get your excited and for them to have the ability to work with it so it makes sense.

soulthresher.png

Bandos for melee

Armadyl for range

And Zaros for magic

A second Trinity? Now thats a theory which I haven't heard of and I think you've hit the nail on the head.

But if this is the case, Zaros was in effect, created by Guthix... to restore balance to the superiority of melee over range. We can deduce this because of the discovery of the hoards of Runes which Guthixian druids claim (and which is probably true) were created by Guthix, uh, itself (Guthix is neither male nor female). Woah, that fits perfectly. :o

Oh yeah, Zaros died and Zamorak took his godhood.

That may not necessarily be true. Can gods really 'Die' in this way?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I wish I didn't skip all that quest dialog...

jagex should really publish a book on the history of runescape, maybe make a series for different areas...

I'd buy the set :)

yea, it was posted a few times, but the jagex quote eats your theorie

Yayyyyyy...

Oh yeah, Zaros died and Zamorak took his godhood.

That may not necessarily be true. Can gods really 'Die' in this way?

+1. "Temporarily disabled" is more like it.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

These i am sure of, learned them from quests and the rs main page letters/stories/history pages:

Armadyl: God of good and justice

Guthix: God of balance

Sara: God of order (as in everything has to be as he says)

Zammy: God of chaos (not evil, but chaos)

These im not 100% sure, i think i read it somewhere:

Zaros: God of pure evil

Icthlarin: God of creation and land

These i have no idea:

Bandos: God of goblins (not even a god, just some randomly introduced thing never before mentioned anywhere in RS)

And anyway, gods dont have to do what their title says. Sara is just as evil as any other god, he commands his followers to kill others.

Icthlarin, if he is a god in the first place, is the god of cats.

Anyway, here's my opinion:

Saradomin represents Saradomin.

Zamorak represents Zamorak.

Guthix represents Guthix.

Bandos represents Bandos.

Armadyll represents Armadyll.

Zaros represents Zaros.

Zaros represents Zaros.

NOTHING BUT LIES! LIES AND SLANDER!

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

Think please. The God Wars started after Zaros was betrayed by Zamorak. Ofcourse he isn't there.

Neither is Zamorak, Saradomin, Bandos or Armadyl there...

They're generals are... When Zaros (FWI he didnt die) faded into history after losing his powers, little of him was known. Do desert treasure, and read through the Ghostly Robes miniquest...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

These i am sure of, learned them from quests and the rs main page letters/stories/history pages:

Armadyl: God of good and justice

Guthix: God of balance

Sara: God of order (as in everything has to be as he says)

Zammy: God of chaos (not evil, but chaos)

These im not 100% sure, i think i read it somewhere:

Zaros: God of pure evil

Icthlarin: God of creation and land

These i have no idea:

Bandos: God of goblins (not even a god, just some randomly introduced thing never before mentioned anywhere in RS)

And anyway, gods dont have to do what their title says. Sara is just as evil as any other god, he commands his followers to kill others.

Icthlarin, if he is a god in the first place, is the god of cats.

Anyway, here's my opinion:

Zaros represents Zaros.

My opinion is pretty much the same as Headshots, accept I believe Bandos is the God of War (Big High War God ringing any bells?), Icthlarin is the God of the Dead, Armadyl is the God of Good/Light, and Zaros is the God of Evil/Darkness.