Hooray for macros?

Yohbilleh

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If marcos disappeared, honest players would start gathering materials and selling it. Once marcos are gone, prices will shoot up and people will take this advantange. Over time, it will go down to the original price or a bit higher.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

hooray for some macros, mainly ess macros

yew autoers slow us down, like they chop what could have been our logs, but ess autoers dont affect us in anyway, how much they mine doesnt affect us

now that theyre gone(pure ess and there was a huge banning), ess prices are like, from 20 to 30/35 ea now...

u p2p can get yews anytime u want as in more empty trees

for f2p, if we want yews, its all hoged by autos, so as an f2p i dont care that p2p has no logs :twisted:, so imo i dont like yew autoers

but ya i agree, some autoers are defnitely needed in the game, even if it means some ppl get lucky and rich

btw- they should have made the new update, all bronze arrows 2 ea, then all those losers who autoed at the shop for 6 ea lose massive money, thsoe are the ppl now selling lke 3m bronze arrows(no1 goes out and fletches that many arrows), so if u see thos guys, cyber-slap em for me

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

Oh NOES!

that would mean you have to get them....

YOURSELF!!!! Oh noes.... putting some efford in gathering!!!!

Honestly, I think this game needs more gatherers (other then autoers) so you actually see what it means not to buy a skill (fletching, cooking) but to actually put some efford in it to get the 99.

People put effort into making the money to "buy" those skills btw. You talk as if millions respawn in your bank every minute.

A reduce in autoers is always good nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

who cares, people managed to survive buying yew logs before the invasion of macroers. This has been discussed many times, in 3 different forums. Can we stop repeating the same arguments over and over again? This isn't some huge revelation.

If macroers are banned, produces win, consumers lose but illegal selling is taken out of the game and therefore the consumers loss is an acceptable loss.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

F2p users > Macros

If Macros were gone F2p could cut yews like crazy which would bring prices equal or a little bit higher than normal. But seriously it never hurt to get some things your self.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

F2p users > Macros

If Macros were gone F2p could cut yews like crazy which would bring prices equal or a little bit higher than normal. But seriously it never hurt to get some things your self.

comparative advantage states you make what you are most efficient at making (or least inefficient) . This means, if you can make a better income on anything better than yews, it makes more sense to use your income to buy the yews.

So in the end, it can hurt efficiency. I don't want to defend macros, but I don't think advocating self-sufficiency is a good enough reason unless, of course, the price jumps to the point where you're better off getting them yourself.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

i myself hate bots more than anthing.

i have been working for months on woodcutting to get it to what... 85!

my bro worked on fletching being fueled by bots and he got 99 fletch within a couple of weeks.

for once just once i wanted to be the better at something - so he goes and ruins it making it a competition.

if i didnt say "im gonna try getting 99 wc" my brother wouldnt have tryed getting 99 fletching...

hooray for some macros, mainly ess macros

yew autoers slow us down, like they chop what could have been our logs, but ess autoers dont affect us in anyway, how much they mine doesnt affect us

now that theyre gone(pure ess and there was a huge banning), ess prices are like, from 20 to 30/35 ea now...

u p2p can get yews anytime u want as in more empty trees

for f2p, if we want yews, its all hoged by autos, so as an f2p i dont care that p2p has no logs :twisted:, so imo i dont like yew autoers

but ya i agree, some autoers are defnitely needed in the game, even if it means some ppl get lucky and rich

btw- they should have made the new update, all bronze arrows 2 ea, then all those losers who autoed at the shop for 6 ea lose massive money, thsoe are the ppl now selling lke 3m bronze arrows(no1 goes out and fletches that many arrows), so if u see thos guys, cyber-slap em for me

Sadly this is the average Runescaper's thoughts. The secondary skills in runescape weren't made to be the easy bought 99s. Yet macroers have turned it into that. Runescape needs to go back to a time hwere people gather, not just buy, get xp, sell, re-buy.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I'd say a lot more honest players would woodcut, without the insane competition for Yews (and even lower level trees).

Macroing resources has two main effects:

1. Price depression

2. Freeze-out - on resources that are competed for, players get tired of losing to bots, unless they have a super-level to freeze out the bots.

Of the primary resource gathering activities (F2P)

1. Essence mining - non-competetive, and when Jagex "fixed" this, they made the situation worse on other resources

2. Ore mining - fully competetive, "winner takes all" on each rock.

3. Woodcutting - competetive, many cutters bring down a tree fast with few logs each.

4. Fishing - slightly competetive, more fishers mean more spot moves, a random which inconveniences all.

5. Shop hogging - competetive buy-out... fixed (at what cost?) by the shop update with repercussions for buyers, sellers and makers.

Couldn't care less about RWT, other than how the bots steal from legit players - if item trading (real world) is so popular, I wish they would consider changing from a subscription to an item-buy mode, so those with more money than patience would be subsidising those who take a slower path.

Well actually, i do believe that macros have indeed made the prices for many items to drop significantly. But then again, that's about all they do. For people who invest and merchant, or stock up on items, they tend to lose lots of money. For others who trained hard for their targetted levels, are beaten by people who cheat.

Runescape is a game. Virtual reality i suppose, and it aims to allow people like us to have fun, to indulge in virtual reality or perhaps pursue an interest or even carve a career out of it such as tip.it. Real world trading can be considered as a money making venture, and i guess many macros are involved in these real world trading sites. If what they're doing doesn't affect the runescape community, then Jagex won't hold anything against them. But the runescape community was built over time, prices and practices or other stuff were painstakingly built up. Only to be ruined by botters? As i mentioned earlier on, its supposed to be fun. Why cheat and macro? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of "fun"?

And i'm sure many or most of the people who started off in runescape classic, watched runescape grow from a corny yet addictive game into a surprising success as it is today. Those who even wrote guides, or have been abiding these guides closely, are sure to notice the price changes caused by botters. I can't say that price changes are bad, and even if i did, many will disagree with me. But that's not the point i'm trying to get at. The efforts of players who trained hard, who spent countless hours on their skills or on runescape related stuff, are compromised with unfairness within the game. To f2p-ers like me, many have yet to realise that even in member worlds do macros exist. So if that's the case, if macro-ing brings about the many benefits as some claim, why not lets just all be bots and drive runescape into a ghastly society of emptiness?

As for those who remember how lobster fishing was fun, or yew cutting relaxing, those days were long gone. I'm speaking from a biased stand that macros ought to be condemned. Cheating is a sin, and sinned they will be.

zhangweiren.png

zhangweiren.png

zhangweiren.png

I think its really rude to interrupt me, especially when im trying to cut into the conversations of others

Woodcutting used to be my favorite skill. Now i am hesitant when thinking about going to wc because of all the bots. If the bots were gone, i would cut yews all day (and so would a lot of others considering its basically the #1 money-maker in f2p)

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

yeah.. but the thing is, the random events are actually part of an attempt to eliminate botters, but its not working. What can jagex do? ):

zhangweiren.png

zhangweiren.png

zhangweiren.png

I think its really rude to interrupt me, especially when im trying to cut into the conversations of others

I really dont care if prices go up for items that bots use, if they are all gone..

"OH NOES! :ohnoes: You have to actually work! :boohoo: "

I want people to work for skill capes and such, they dont deserve too buy the skills.

vizardsig-1.png

More monies for our economy!! AWESOME!!! <.<

I'm sick of all of these people making threads about the economy, when they have no idea what it even is or why it functions the way it does.

If macroers were wiped out, yews would go up in price, thats true. But did you even stop to think that everything else would go up in price too? I mean, you have to get the money somewhere right? So if you fish lobsters, sell them, and then buy the logs with that money, it would all basically balance out because your lobsters would also be more expensive.

Also, I should point out that the price of bowstrings is influenced by the price of logs, and the price of both of these are influenced by the price of the full bow, which will likely not change very much regardless of how many autoers there are. The only people who buy yew longs are alchers, and they aren't even going to buy the bows if the price gets too high. This then makes the price drop and then stabilize.

I agree. The prices may go way up, or maybe even way down for maybe the first month. But they'll stabilize.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Yea the whole issue of autoers is the runescape equivalent to illegal mexicans in america. some want them out for coming illegally, others remember that lawns don't mow themselves. :-k

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Yea the whole issue of autoers is the runescape equivalent to illegal mexicans in america. some want them out for coming illegally, others remember that lawns don't mow themselves. :-k

Lol!!!! so true! :lol:

Heres a cookie for your efforts.

cookie.jpg

vizardsig-1.png

There's a simple answer:

Jagex are behind the Bots.

---

Without bots, the prices would go up yes, but honestly only by 30-250gp depending on the item itself. Which is quite a lot if you think in the thousands, already lobsters have gone up by 70gp from their recent drop to 200gp, it is causing a massive disturbance to F2P, pkers, and to those who don't know about better food than lobs. Just think how bad it would be if almost all raw materials would be effected?

Also, easier cash? No?

You'd spend that cash on other items you'd buy which would increase in price, unless you gathered everything yourself, which is truly going to take you 10 years, and some serious dedication.