Hooray for macros?

Yohbilleh

We all know that most of the macroers bring in yew logs..

Think about this fellow fletchers/fmers:

If all the bots were wiped out, Yew logs would be really hard to buy and shoot up in price.

Yew logs play a MASSIVE part in the runescape economy

If yew logs go up, so will yew longs and then you will lose more money on alching them, and lots of people alch them daily and this brings in alot of money for the economy.

Discuss

sig.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh NOES!

that would mean you have to get them....

YOURSELF!!!! Oh noes.... putting some efford in gathering!!!!

Honestly, I think this game needs more gatherers (other then autoers) so you actually see what it means not to buy a skill (fletching, cooking) but to actually put some efford in it to get the 99.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

If all the bots were wiped out, Yew logs would be really hard to buy and shoot up in price.

If yew logs go up, so will yew longs and then you will lose more money on alching them, and lots of people alch them daily and this brings in alot of money for the economy.

Discuss

Very true. All those cooking and fletching capes are fueled by macroers. Macroers have played a vital part in making the skill capes popular and an accessible goal for not only the richest people.

Jagex has an interest in having a certain number of skill capes in the game to make them af visible goal to the common player.

No cheap resources in the game would make it a very different game.

So it's a love/hate relationship between Jagex and the bots.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

Discuss

Very true. All those cooking and fletching capes are fueled by macroers. Macroers have played a vital part in making the skill capes popular and an accessible goal for not only the richest people.

Jagex has an interest in having a certain number of skill capes in the game to make them af visible goal to the common player.

What a load of crap.

Jagex hates the bots, skill capes are ment to be EARNED.

Jagex doesnt want millions of people to have skill capes, they want it to be an achievement, the easier things get the less incentment you have to keep playing.

And players cut enough yew logs to supply the economy, there was always plenty of logs, players stopped cutting becouse of the ammount of macros, if the macros are stopped players will resume cutting them.

Same for shark fishing.

It won't be bad if autoers perish because:

first the supply of yews, sharks, lobs, flax, coal (what the hell isn't autoed these days <.< ) will kinda collapse cause all the autoers are gone,

but people will still be longing for supplies for their 99 cooking, fletching or the like, so the demand stays and the prices start rising...

but since the auroers are gone, f2p folks are suddenly ABLE to cut yews, green dragon's aren't crowded, so the gathering of these raw materials will suddenly be much easier and more profitable cause yews go back to 300 ea, sharks to 1k+ ea and so forth, so lower levels who need money, (first whip, rune boots, potions, runes and so forth), go gather these supplies and the market will go back to normal, well almost since there are not so many supplies left but ey, If you give a child way too much pocket money and after a while return it to normal, he surely will complain about it, even though it's the right thing, so we all just have to get used to raw materials getting rarer and more expensive, or just go practice our own gathering skills :wink:

That's all I have to say O:)

Runescape membership: 5 Euro/month. Double RS joy: Priceless

transparencyby2.png

My drawings (like my sig)

Say something nice to the person above you

If mining and woodcut weren't so absolutely trashed to [bleep] and they weren't such an awful grind, maybe people would resource gather.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

u like macroes..... :evil: u even said hooray for macroes....whats wrong with you? :boohoo: :wall: :wall:

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

More monies for our economy!! AWESOME!!! <.<

I'm sick of all of these people making threads about the economy, when they have no idea what it even is or why it functions the way it does.

If macroers were wiped out, yews would go up in price, thats true. But did you even stop to think that everything else would go up in price too? I mean, you have to get the money somewhere right? So if you fish lobsters, sell them, and then buy the logs with that money, it would all basically balance out because your lobsters would also be more expensive.

Also, I should point out that the price of bowstrings is influenced by the price of logs, and the price of both of these are influenced by the price of the full bow, which will likely not change very much regardless of how many autoers there are. The only people who buy yew longs are alchers, and they aren't even going to buy the bows if the price gets too high. This then makes the price drop and then stabilize.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Discuss

What a load of crap.

Jagex hates the bots, skill capes are ment to be EARNED.

Jagex doesnt want millions of people to have skill capes, they want it to be an achievement, the easier things get the less incentment you have to keep playing.

And players cut enough yew logs to supply the economy, there was always plenty of logs, players stopped cutting becouse of the ammount of macros, if the macros are stopped players will resume cutting them.

Same for shark fishing.

Yes, but I'm sure that Jagex are happy that the capes got a head start making them a succes.

From a moral and idealist (and my personal) point of view bots are the pest of the game.

But from Jagex's point of view it has both pros and cons.

Of course the capes are meant to be a distant goal and make people stay in the game longer. But they should also be a realistic goal, so that people will start aiming for them. Cheap resources pay a role in this, if you like it or not.

I'm sure that Jagex thinks that there are enough cooking and fletching capes in the game by now.

These capes have devalueated to the extend that I heard a player mod refer to them as 'noob'.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

More monies for our economy!! AWESOME!!! <.<

I'm sick of all of these people making threads about the economy, when they have no idea what it even is or why it functions the way it does.

If macroers were wiped out, yews would go up in price, thats true. But did you even stop to think that everything else would go up in price too? I mean, you have to get the money somewhere right? So if you fish lobsters, sell them, and then buy the logs with that money, it would all basically balance out because your lobsters would also be more expensive.

Also, I should point out that the price of bowstrings is influenced by the price of logs, and the price of both of these are influenced by the price of the full bow, which will likely not change very much regardless of how many autoers there are. The only people who buy yew longs are alchers, and they aren't even going to buy the bows if the price gets too high. This then makes the price drop and then stabilize.

Agreed.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

im come on has everyone become to lazy to actually put some effort into getting money and skill capes. I dont know how many ppl ive seen with the fletching cape/ cooking/ firemaking because i cant count them all there everywhere! :wall: i think getting rid of macros is the best thing for runescape :thumbsup:

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png

it wouldnt really affect me...i mean yea i bought yew logs for 99 fletch for a while but at about 75 i started cutting my own yews to get to 99 fletch since barely anyone if not nobody was selling yews...i guess that mean you just gotta put more effort into your skills...im "down" with that

Ssgoku_012.png

Ssgoku_012.png

ssgoku_012.png

My favorite skill is woodcut. I have not cut yew in about 6 month due to auto's. If they are gone I for one would go cut this second.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Discuss

We WANT that to happen. More money coming into the economy causes inflation.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Myself I don't agree with you. I would be much happier if all the macros and autos disappeared and everything we would need to do was to pay some more cash for, for example, yews.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

*BUUU* Wrong.

Now, saying that prices will shoot up quite high if Macroers were completely vanquished is a bit incorrect, sorry. The reason why is because Yews were actually CHEAPER in the day, but now they're already more. But you see, the price MAY go up on the yew logs for a SHORT TIME, a temporary price increase due to a lack of supply. BUT, the price will soon go downward, because people will have to use their own resources to gather yew logs.

Not to mention another crucial point in all of this, as you said, and many people know, high alching brings in lots of money. This causes inflation, which thus makes prices RISE. This is because the gp becomes less valuable. This is why we saw a price decrease on mostly everything when Construction came out, a lot of money left the economy, decreasing inflation.

So, with a primary source of high alching money gone, prices would first rise because a lack of supply of yew logs, but then fall due to lesser amounts of money being briought in. Then again, people are (slightly) intelligent and would probably just find something else to alch and increase inflation more. -.-

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

And if Yew bots were wiped out, a lot of honest F2P players would take advantage of the price increase on yews to make some money, and the prices would eventually stabilize again.

And also there would be many less 'people' at yew trees so it would actually be possible to cut yew trees. If you think about it, macroers are bloody inefficient, like using dynamite to fish. How many of the logs macroers cut that actually make it to market are a lot lower because Jagex is constantly banning autoers, sometimes with thousands of logs on them. Regardless, though, every log they actually cut makes it more difficult for a human yew cutter to collect them. If there were only human yew cutters, I think we'd have a lot more yews in the economy.

Myself I don't agree with you. I would be much happier if all the macros and autos disappeared and everything we would need to do was to pay some more cash for, for example, yews.

couldnt agree more.i do not buy yew logs(although i do buy yew longs because im not at that level yet) or any other raw material i can get myself and if macroers werent their then it would be so easy buy not having to compete with autoers.i would pay more to get rid of autoers tbh :o

tifsdac6mc.gif

And if Yew bots were wiped out, a lot of honest F2P players would take advantage of the price increase on yews to make some money, and the prices would eventually stabilize again.

And also there would be many less 'people' at yew trees so it would actually be possible to cut yew trees. If you think about it, macroers are bloody inefficient, like using dynamite to fish. How many of the logs macroers cut that actually make it to market are a lot lower because Jagex is constantly banning autoers, sometimes with thousands of logs on them. Regardless, though, every log they actually cut makes it more difficult for a human yew cutter to collect them. If there were only human yew cutters, I think we'd have a lot more yews in the economy.

And that is so true.

Many F2pers do not cut yews anymore because of Macroers not just

because 10+ Macroers cuts 1 Yew Tree but also because they sell

100k+, some even have 1M+ Yew Logs in 1 account, that makes it hard

for a honest player to sell his/hers 1k Yew Logs for a good price since the

Merchanters are buying most of their Yew Logs from Macroers and the

Fletchers buys their yews from the Merchanters.

It's like in real life, firing every human that works in a factory and instead

letting the robots do all the work, the owner makes more money and the

costumers will get a better price except it is illegal in RuneScape to use

robots.

Sadly it's true

But if we "kill" every macro there is then real people would actually be able to cut yews instead of them all beening macroed. Since people want those capes the demand stays the same the supply decreases prices rise and steady after people start to cut yews again.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012