Tip.it Times Presents: Co-op or Competitive?

MPM

I PK solo(which by the editor's explanation would be competitive), but I also do clans (co-op by the editor's explanation), I do both equally with skilling as well(skilling would be competitive since I no-life train it).

Very interesting, I really never thought to incorporate such things I knew from real life sports, some people prefer team sports, while others think they are stupid, and you have to rely on others, so they play tennis, or golf.

Good article made me think. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably prefer co-op over competitive gameplay anytime, I suck at any head-to-head things. I love playing co-op games with my sister on the console, we really work very well together, but hate going against each other.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I would have to say that this article would be better if it just talked about PvP or PvE (player vs player or player vs environment) because while clans in the wilderness ARE killing other players, they are still engaging in in cooperative play. Same goes for team vs team in halo, gears, etc.

I also think it flawed to say that another player is smarter and quicker than any AI. If any of you have played Unreal Tournament, it is possible to adjust the computer AI above even the most difficult pre-made difficulty level. At this level, bots will instantly kill you the second it is POSSIBLE.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Very nice article.

Was a good thing to read while mining :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I also think it flawed to say that another player is smarter and quicker than any AI. If any of you have played Unreal Tournament, it is possible to adjust the computer AI above even the most difficult pre-made difficulty level. At this level, bots will instantly kill you the second it is POSSIBLE.

really? that sounds like us humans when killing someone ingame. we find our target, then shoot like crazy... or is that just me...

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

really? that sounds like us humans when killing someone ingame. we find our target, then shoot like crazy... or is that just me...

No...I'm saying that the SECOND your head appears on screen, the bot will headshot it. Every time. No exceptions. The bots can also instantly calculate your trajectory through the air so that mid air rocket shots are nearly guaranteed.

The main thing is the sniper rifle/shock rifle though. Instant hit as soon as it can see you. Humans miss, perfect AI doesn't.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

No...I'm saying that the SECOND your head appears on screen, the bot will headshot it. Every time. No exceptions. The bots can also instantly calculate your trajectory through the air so that mid air rocket shots are nearly guaranteed.

Try to program something so complex as that so it fits the runescape clan war system. :)

The main thing is the sniper rifle/shock rifle though. Instant hit as soon as it can see you. Humans miss, perfect AI doesn't.

damn, and i thought my friend that i play halo 2 with all the time was a good sniper.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Yes yes, bots and halo are all fun, but back on subject...

Really, I've never thought of Co-op vs. Competitive. I guess I prefer Co-op with my friends, since I don't usually go PKing. Which category exactly does skilling fall into?

very good read

But I think that it doesn't really matter what people think of co-op or competitive. It's in our nature to stand and fight for what we do, and what we think is superior and better. If one thinks co-op is better than competitive and vis versa does it change anything? If one said bitter tea was better than sweet tea, does it change tea itself? Why care what others say is better, why not just play and have fun, for there will always be people to make fun of certain things. Even if you were water and take the shape of everything(metaphor for liking everything) there will be those who ridicule you because you like everything. But in the end, we all realize the mistakes we make and change our ways. Wars, debates, and conflicts are all part of human nature, it is our anger, hate and envy that lead to the inevitable end.

but if anyone or group ever succeds in acheiving peace both online or irl....then my entire perspective is changed

hmm, generally i prefer competitive, co-op usually makes things way to easy.

i like a challenge, and when theres a lot of people on your team fighting against a bunch of AI's, theres no challenge to it. :-k

what i like to do, is set myself little parameters, and restrict myself when im playing a game, just to make it harder. :P

i've been playing resident evil 4 recently, i'm trying to finish the game with 100% accuracy and without dying, without using a rocket launcher, i like that kind of challenge a lot. :P

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

I like cooperative and competitive gaming. In fact, I like to do everythig. And I like first person shooters. But I don't like it when I get pk'ed when I'm trying to do a treasure trail or use the abyss. My favorite things to do in RS are both cooperative and competitive, like clan pking.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

I ever so enjoy all of the Tip.It Times! I'm looking forward to the future ones. Just Amazing; All of them are Great reads.

<3: I Think... No, I know... I've fallen inlove with Tip.It Times!

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

Another great read. You have picked a very intresting subject to write about. Myself I have thought about this myself quite a few times. Why can't people talk about something they agree about instead of something which they think totally different of? Why don't ignore the things that is different between them, and look at the things that they think the same of?

Not everyone is like this though, some people can disscuss in a peacefull way about it. But sad enough, this isn't the case with many of ous RSers.

I don't know which group I belong too. I'm not a pker, but I do not cooperate often either. But I must say that I prefer skilling over cooperation the most of the times, even though it's really nice to skill togheter with a friend sometimes :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

WTF... NOOO RYAN!!!!! What kind of person yells that playing a game. I don't get the point though.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

i loved the part about WoW ::' my best friend plays it and keeps telling me to buy and play it. people yelling stuff like:"WoW has better graphs" and "PvP in WoW works better!" only look at the positive sides of their game.

people should look at all sides of the game, not just the negative or positive sides.

as for myself, i personally enjoy raising my skills and dislike pkin, cos most of the players of my lvl are maxed pures. i love setting goals for myself, but i enjoy reaching them more while doing it with friends.

great article =D>

pierenbadje.png

99 pray - 99 farm - 99 ranged - 99 mage ~ in that order

This article is really just about immature behavior.

And the wilderness part was just a big question mark :?: for me.

If you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t believe me look at the wild in Runescape. We have all seen the player in the wilderness saying ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åwhy are you attacking me, please stop!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Nice :)

The Tip-it Times is back up to its usual standard again :D

One of the best articels to date :thumbsup:

Co-op ftw \:D/

EDIT: I got some random error mesage while trying to post this, its has something to do with the forums, not my comp :?

EDIT 2: I got it again :XD: heres a screene

aVp8UKA.jpg

[/img]

EDIT 3: AGAIN!!! :wall: (I gota stop posting this :XD: )

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I would like to see players forced into MORE of both types of situations.

it is a MMPorpg after all!

By the way, not all cooperative groups are mutually beneficial - in many clans only 10% of the members are there for the community, the other 91% are there for the benefits without wanting to give anything in return!

This was seen until of late with the pest control clans. I guess runescape reflects human society after all!

i <3: TipIt Times

I agree with the editor =D> :thumbsup:

:shame: to anyone who says one is better than the other

i :pray: that we can get along and we can \' rather than fite

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!