Ring of Wealth: Superstition?

Xeones

Can it even be proven?

Well, actually proving it would be tough, but with a huuuuge sample size for both regular and ring-of-wealth powered drops, one would be able to make a statement on whether it works or not with a high propability of said statement being true.

Then again, getting a huuuuuge sample size would be an awful lot of work :P

A huuuuuge sample size, you say? Well, Dust Devil Futility #10, a thread in the RSOF, has taken a huge amount of data on d chain drops.

The empirical data shows that the chance of a d chain drop is significantly higher when wearing a ring of wealth. That's just dust devils though, I have no idea about other monsters.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT IS NOT A MYTH IT HELPS WITH THE AMOUNT IF RUNES U GET, say u would normally get 10 runes from a drop ring of wealth gives u 15% more runes, trust me its in the knowledge base if you know how to search correctly

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

It's not a question on if it works or not, it does work. It's a question if it's worth it or not.

As someone else has mentioned in this thread using something like a warrior ring makes you kill monsters quicker. If RoW gives a 10% better chance of a rare drop and warrior ring makes you kill them 10% faster which is best? Personally I'd go for a warrior ring, you get MORE drops which if you pick up stackables will add up and not to mention the extra experience you'd get in the same amount of time. This is why, in my opinion ring of wealth is useless if you're meleeing. Range and mage are a different story in my opinion, although I've never really used an archer ring or a seers ring.

After almost 3 hours of only coins and ashes for drops, i got fed up and decided to sell my ring to another player, standing beside me. What followed was an unbelievable stroke of luck. I got two simultaneous rune med drops and a lot of fire runes.

From then on, i never believe in the abilities of the ring of wealth.

From what I know about this "wheel selection" method, that should have happened. Wearing the RoW made you pick on the rare wheel, which probably didn't have fire runes on it. Thus, you get less fire runes. And when it did pick on the rare wheel, it probably just didn't hit anything special, so all it dropped was ashes. Upon taking it off, you increased your chances of picking off the "common" wheel (reset the chances, rather) and you got more fire runes. I don't know about the Rune Meds though.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

drapit wrote:

After almost 3 hours of only coins and ashes for drops, i got fed up and decided to sell my ring to another player, standing beside me. What followed was an unbelievable stroke of luck. I got two simultaneous rune med drops and a lot of fire runes.

From then on, i never believe in the abilities of the ring of wealth.

----

yeah when i used a wealth at lessers i didn't even get a med,

but without a wealth but instead i had a cannon guess what happens? a drag spear :D [this is my way of quoting by the way ]

Zaroterasu.png

if your looking for good statistical proof "studies" have been done on a fairly large scale. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m talking about a thread i saw on the ofical froams about a year ago, it was all about d-chains (strategies in killing dustys) and was a very big topic, i also think it was remade a few times. anyhoooooo the maker of the thread asked those who received d-chain drops roughly how many kills it took and whether or not they used a RoW it was clear that the RoW helped (i think over 200 people replied)

dante_14.png

~1733rd person to 99 fishing. Achived on april fools day 07 :)~

The ring of wealth works. It will never stop working. But as everyone knows it is still luck whether or not you will get a rare drop, you could not get a rare drop from 1000 kills, Without the ring it might be you get a rare drop in first 10. It is all LUCK.

24,959th person to 5,973,226 woodcutting exp.

45+ construction

81+ fletching.

79+ stength

thats all i have...

you better set with ROl then ROW that wil aleast save you incase of lag. lag is always lurking under the surfuce to jump on you back when you least wont to. :ohnoes:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I could never get the darn thing to make any difference,at least when I tried it back in the day. As soon as warrior & zerker ring came out, I used those instead. I figured killing things a little quicker was the same or better then that useless ring of wealth. More wealth from killing things quicker :P

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

I've killed 3k+ fire giants in a row and never got a drop better than rune 2h and I was wearing my RoW. I never really have had good drops. No dragon drops. So far, in slayer, I'v had to kill 700+ blue dragons and I got mithril axe -.-

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

I think that a majority of the confusion around whether a ROW works is actually around not knowing what actually constitutes a rare drop.

A drop of nothing might well be classified as a rare drop. Given exceptionally bad luck, using a ROW might consistently get you nothing. Taking off the ring would then get you a lot more since you're hitting the non-rare drops more often. Just because something is rare, doesn't mean that it's any good :-k.

Another thing might be that Jagex classify things as different levels of rare. Therefore an item on the rare list has increased chance with ROW, but maybe not a very-rare drop (e.g., Visage). The KB does say that it increases the chance of a rare drop, not a very-rare. All speculation of course.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

There's no such thing as luck, good or bad, there's only low probability.

2. good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance.

3. a combination of circumstances, events, etc., operating by chance to bring good or ill to a person.

umm you say there is no such thing as luck, then used part of the definition as one your conclusion...k

user1-dark.png

Yeah, it's clearly just a superstition. The same way Jagex lies when they say armour protects you, or weapons do damage, or you have a better chance of cooking at higher cooking levels.

Lmao I love you.

+1,000. <3:

In my opinion, it works, but I would prefer a Warrior or Berzerker, only because it makes killing the monster more efficient.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I think that a majority of the confusion around whether a ROW works is actually around not knowing what actually constitutes a rare drop.

A drop of nothing might well be classified as a rare drop. Given exceptionally bad luck, using a ROW might consistently get you nothing. Taking off the ring would then get you a lot more since you're hitting the non-rare drops more often. Just because something is rare, doesn't mean that it's any good :-k.

Another thing might be that Jagex classify things as different levels of rare. Therefore an item on the rare list has increased chance with ROW, but maybe not a very-rare drop (e.g., Visage). The KB does say that it increases the chance of a rare drop, not a very-rare. All speculation of course.

Jagex have confirmed that there are only two 'wheels' to choose from. Anyways, just visit the topic 'Ring of Wealth: Recruitment Stage' to help out in proving this. We're testing it on lots and lots of fire giants. =D

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Some people think they are but I think they help. Probably increases the drop ratio by a tiny bit, but it's still worth having. Would you want to increase your drops at the KQ or DK's, or have a ring of life or some junk like that. I choose the RoW

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

i do have a picture from a jag mod sayign ring of wealth does work..let me try and upload it

EDIT: there

addmitance.bmp_340188.jpg

click it then click it on website then click original for clear picture

also i asked about d chains and dust devils

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P