The Ultimate Aviansie Slaying Guide

Jordanweb

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide, 8/10. I might use it for a few ranged levels in the future... Seeing Kree in the boss room always keeps me motivated ::'

Personally, I suggest tanking over prayer pots anyday! If you are under 70 defence, (unless 90+ ranged), then I would suggest not doing these unless you pot ranged. I have seen pures doing it......bad idea

I can barely tank using B2P, and my defence is reasonable. I really have no idea how people manage it, I get hit for regular 10+s.

i can barley tank with b2p aswell i always have to use bunyips and food

Guys.... I think everyone should understand something... JORDANWEB WON'T UPDATE THIS GUIDE!! Stop saying "Oh you should add a tanking section blah blah blah." Jordan stopped updating this guide years ago and I think maybe even quitted tif. He is a legend in all Runescape even few people actually give him full credits for this (Actually, nobody credited jordan and said the idea was from them -.-)

ib7rVm.png

I have no idea why you guys have such a hard time with bones to peaches. I am in the process of working on my own guide for this, but its gonna take a while cause im making it AOW worthy. You will have several tanking methods there, but its gonna take me quite a while to finish that many trips to give good data. Really, wear armor with bones to peaches. At 70 def, find some armor that gives you like 200+ range def and you will be good. And wear a d hide body so you can still use the accumulator. Thats my advise. Ranging pots and food are almost unnecessary. Start with 20 tuna or so and you will be fine.

pere_grin.png

They are also relatively easy to kill, minimum requirements i'd say are:

60 Ranged

40 Prayer

60 Strength or Agility(Potting works and this is only to get past the boulder, neither skills help actually killing the aviansies)

Being past the part where you kill "dad" in the troll stronghold quest

u need 70 to enter eyrie, but i realise that u could kill them in the big room.

Paragon.png

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question. Is it better to go into the eyrie(grapple across) or stay in the main area?
Tanking main area as they hit less.

Praying without arma helm, legs or body main area as you'll get slaughtered without a arma item in the eyrie area.

Praying with a arma item I would still say the main area, but the eyrie side is normally less crowded.

I've tried with both broad and mith (e) bolts and the poison from the mith (e) really help.

If you get a quiet world you can half kill them, leaving a pet (a zammy or bandos npc), your familiar and the poison to finish them off while you kill/poison another.

Its also worth noting if you replace the d'hide legs with monk robe bottoms you can use the 5% range prayer at a similar cost to just protect range.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

How do you get up there past the "Climb Rocks" without climbing boots?

Trollweise (sp?) teleport then the only rocks are agility rocks. Otherwise you'll need climbing boots.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To anyone thinking the rates were nerfed, I seemed to be getting 0.89 bar/kill, after 360 kills

I unfortunately lost my screenshots, but my friend was tanking for 3 days with 70 defence, he managed 1.6k kills and he had about 1,550 bars, or something close to that, I remember calculating his drops to be 1 bar per 0.97777777778 Aviantese.

Brilliant guide. <3:

Yagami.png

I would like to get the most difficult 99 in the game to accomplish. which is woodcutting.
because I had a drunken night in philadelphia and sprayed a fire extinguiser, evacuated a 7 story hotel on the philly stadium, spent the night in jail.. then got on level 2 prob & have to pay 50 a month because I have a job. It's their way of collecting more money out of me.

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

There are lvl 148 avianeses in the Eyrie, you said they go up to 137.

State that you should put protect from range as a quick prayer.

You don't actually tell how to fight them, and have only included about 1/4th of the spawn points in your map.

In order for the guide to be "ultimate", you should include prayer flashing, b2p, and tanking methods, and include an equipment setup.

Your hide tabs are broken, and you should include hide tabs on your screenies.

Possibly a link to the tip.it beisary page also.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

• 4 weeks later...
There are lvl 148 avianeses in the Eyrie, you said they go up to 137.

State that you should put protect from range as a quick prayer.

You don't actually tell how to fight them, and have only included about 1/4th of the spawn points in your map.

In order for the guide to be "ultimate", you should include prayer flashing, b2p, and tanking methods, and include an equipment setup.

Your hide tabs are broken, and you should include hide tabs on your screenies.

Possibly a link to the tip.it beisary page also.

Ahhhh, when will people understand that Jordan didn't retouch this guide for years, and probably quitted Tip.It #-o since this guide was made, tip.it got attacked in 2008 :?: that *beep* up some guides, making them look like this. Prayer flashing wasn't even thinkable, and tanking was just at his start.

ib7rVm.png

• 4 months later...

Awesome Guide! i'm starting to use it, i'm on second trip now! here's a pic to add to your guide

firsttime.png

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

Awesome Guide! i'm starting to use it, i'm on second trip now! here's a pic to add to your guide

firsttime.png

Unfortunately you just bumped a really outdated there. There are many other ways discovered to kill these in a better fashion, and Jordanweb doesn't even come on TIF anymore i think.

Yeah, this guide is kind of out dated. Newer methods/armour is now available.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Just as a side note, I don't know if someone else already posted this, but...

If you have a good defense level and you are a pretty high level, using prayer pots isn't necessary. You can do fine with btp(bones to peaches)and some starting food. You need some good range defense armor, which can be costly. I like to use a torag's body, armadyl helmet, black dhide legs, glory/fury, sara vambs, and a zammy cape.

Might want to edit it and use broad-tipped bolts. They give the same strength as adamant bolts and are x2 less the cost.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

If you have a good defense level and you are a pretty high level, using prayer pots isn't necessary. You can do fine with btp(bones to peaches)and some starting food. You need some good range defense armor, which can be costly. I like to use a torag's body, armadyl helmet, black dhide legs, glory/fury, sara vambs, and a zammy cape.

Might want to edit it and use broad-tipped bolts. They give the same strength as adamant bolts and are x2 less the cost.

This guide was made a billion years ago. Its old and outdated. The author of the guide might not even be apart of tif anymore. Just let it die away.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

firsttime.png

Unfortunately you just bumped a really outdated there. There are many other ways discovered to kill these in a better fashion, and Jordanweb doesn't even come on TIF anymore i think.

Yeah, this guide is kind of out dated. Newer methods/armour is now available.

This guide was made a billion years ago. Its old and outdated. The author of the guide might not even be apart of tif anymore. Just let it die away.

well i'm sorry guys, I found it using Google search and it worked for me, I didn't see it was so old it wasn't worth posting!

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

• 2 weeks later...

55,000 views and 550 replies. Wow. I came back to tif just to see how things were going and if anyone I knew was still on here and was surprised to find this still on the first page.

This guide was posted way back in 2007 and was the first aviansie guide ever made, revealing to all of RuneScape what is today considered one of the best methods of making money for mid to upper level players. One can hardly open a "How do I make money?" thread on RSOF without seeing aviansies suggested and the abundance of adamant bars has made smithing a far more accessible skill to master, even doing so myself.

Since then, however, aviansies, and RuneScape as a whole, have changed one hell of a lot with better methods being discovered and guides being written for them. No longer can a player easily find an empty world in which to kill aviansies, as they would have been able to at the time of writing of this guide, and new items, such as Broad bolts, the Amulet of Ranging and Zanik's crossbow and even a different combat style (magic) have outranked the items suggested in terms of usefulness.

It is clear that this guide's time has past, yet it is at the top of search engine results and continues to receive thousands of views and hundreds of replies. This leaves me with the dilemma: what should I do with it? I no longer play RuneScape, so could not update the guide myself, but there are a few options:

1. Nothing. Just leave the guide unupdated as a relic of the past.

2. Leave the guide as it is, but add a collection of links to newer and better methods.

3. Fix the broken images with new screenshots and generally clean up the guide, but keep it mostly how it is.

4. Find somebody else to write a more up to date guide with the latest techniques and gear, then edit it into this thread.

I would like some input and suggestions from other users, especially anyone interested in option 4.