Halloween: Another let-down?

fighterhwk

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on if the hood has a skeleton face or if it is just an ordinary black hood. If it is the latter, it will be disappointing and I was curse the masses of n00bs who voted for such an unoriginal idea, as well as Jagex for not being creative enough with it. :notalk:

td2sig.jpg

I really wish Jagex wouldn't waste precious development time on pointless and temporary updates such as Halloween and Easter. I can understand Xmas, but that's enough.

I want Jagex to concentrate on permanent and worthwhile updates.

Most intelligent post in this thread.

cyco_1.jpg

I really wish Jagex wouldn't waste precious development time on pointless and temporary updates such as Halloween and Easter. I can understand Xmas, but that's enough.

They have different teams who simultaneously work on different projects. However, I do partially agree with you. The only holiday items that are frequently used anymore are the Bunny Ears and the Rubber Chicken. The Ring of Egg was used frequently until Jagex nerfed the Egg + Skillcape Emote. Now, it sits in peoples' houses along with all the other rubbish that they give us like the Skeleton Suits.

Also, if they didn't make Halloween updates, all the 10 year olds would pitch a fit and riot about it... And we know how Jagex values the kiddies over all other players.

td2sig.jpg

I dont see why you guys complain about the holiday items. You didn't pay for them, so why complain you dont like them. I'm wearing my skull suit for the rest of the month, just cause it's close to halloween.

The hood will be cool, but i wanted the bone pendant so I could turn into a pile of bones. The emote is gonna be cool, so atleast that one won.

yea i think that would have been cool. but im not sure what i voted for but i just checked all the options recently and i thought some were much better then others.

perhaps it is, but that doesnt mean its a good idea. i like holiday updates maybe its not the thing you wanted like new armor or a new skill but it does add some uniqueness to it and fun.

It all depends on if the hood has a skeleton face or if it is just an ordinary black hood. If it is the latter, it will be disappointing and I was curse the masses of n00bs who voted for such an unoriginal idea, as well as Jagex for not being creative enough with it. :notalk:

well, we have the void hood and skill capes and ahrims hoods. ahrims is pulled down over your face. void is pulled back and pointed much more. i for 1 did not vote for the hood, but i am interested in the way it will be presented.

also, why the hell cant they give us all of the items they listed? house ftw?

It seems jagex is putting more effort into how you obtain the reward than the reward you actually get.

I don't see them having another 'talk to santa foryour present' or 'give 20 easter eggs out'. i think we need more unique items than wearable equiptment. much like easter ring, marrionettes and the yo-yo.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I just hope Jagex gives us a unexpected surprise for the haloween, maybe a double drop since the hood and broom were very close for votes during the GC poll

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I don't think this halloween will be a let-down. Since the player submitted halloween poll, I think it will be ACTUALLY fun. :) I'd rather have the broom as a reward rather than Grim reapers hood, but I still think it'll be cool. Along with the Emote.

258uo8n.jpg

Halloween is not going to be a letdown at all. F2P'ers get their first hood, and its black, which members that dont have the slayer cape or a void mage hood should also be happy about. Second, the emote is gonna be awesome. And who knows, maybe itll be like christmas 2006, with members getting an extra item (broom?)

Well it was 100% players choice through the poll so if the reward is bad it is the majority of player who voted for it's fault......

A plan by Jagex to cut down flaming? :D

I hope we get a weapon soon as an event item, but I'm sure the hood would make some great skilling outfits.

THe hood s amazing for the f2p shade robes econonmy... If I hade 10k for everytime I saw people saying, "I just bought shade robes to match the new reaper hood." I would have a phat. I am just guna use priest robes cause they look the same :-$ . I loved the Christmas hats from 2005 and I would have loved the ring but I was away on family business...

Admiral_Caro.png

Okay, I gotta ask.

What is the point of threads like this? Something that is not released yet, you know nothing about, but you are already setting yourself up for it to be a "let down".

Why?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

now i stop and think are people stupid no offense. *takes step backwards and thinks* wouldnt you rather fly on a broom threw runescape no u would rather have a dum hood....im not in my happy place anymore and im mad about that :evil:

R.I.P. R.S. S.T.A.K.I.N.G.

siggzormj1.jpg

now i stop and think are people stupid no offense. *takes step backwards and thinks* wouldnt you rather fly on a broom threw runescape no u would rather have a dum hood....im not in my happy place anymore and im mad about that :evil:

I don't remember them saying you could fly around on a broom. If I remember, it could sweep or be hovered on, or something to that extent.

I'm nearly 100% sure it would've been some sort of emote, where your character soars up 2 feet in the air, then lands back down. Or, waves it around pointlessly on the ground.

And IMO, hoods are awesome. I've got 5 Cape of Achievement hoods and Ahrims Hood, but I still voted for it, just because I thought it would be cooler than any of the other options. The bone brooch would've been my second choice.

If you could wear the broom and fly from Falador to Camelot, I probably would've voted that. Call me cynical but I doubt that's what Jagex had in mind.

The holiday items i like are all the 2005 christmas hats and the 2006 easter ring. After that nothing special has come.

Im putting my money on that the grim reaper hood will be 100% same as the slayer hood.

I wish the broom had won, would be cool to fly around. :mrgreen:

The grim reaper mansion and the new emote should be good tho.

Where was this vote?

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

Why are you people preparing to complain on an update thats not even coming out for another week?

There are plenty games that don't get updates for holidays, just be happy you have something new to play with :roll:

actually theyre complaining if you complain afterwards its called a rant

so they arnt preparing to complain theyre preparing to rant

I think

anyway i agree sort of

jagex need better holiday events

but then again free stuff is free stuff

runecid11.png

The holiday items i like are all the 2005 christmas hats and the 2006 easter ring. After that nothing special has come.

Im putting my money on that the grim reaper hood will be 100% same as the slayer hood.

I wish the broom had won, would be cool to fly around. :mrgreen:

The grim reaper mansion and the new emote should be good tho.

I'll bet you 100k that it's going to be considerable different.

Meh, it sounds alright to me.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

To be honest, this event is going to seem like a lot of fun. The events stink if you just go through them in order to get the reward. It is fun if you are doing the events with friends and having a fun time while doing so. The holidays aren't only about an item you may recieve. They should be about the fun times while getting those items, atleast in my opinion. I can't wait. :)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Can someone tell me how you know about the holiday reward?

Was there a vote or something?

Can someone please explain and post a link?

Thanks. <3:

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.