Africans Less Intelligent Than Westerners?

Craiglowery

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig I now Knight you Ron Burgandy, Let this be an honour lol

It's true though to be honest...I cna't really think of any influencal Black people who have affected this world, mabye thats just because most of them never got a good education

And I agree with the person saying, Black people may not be as clever but at least they are cheerful

Lol oh God. I'll tell my dad it doesn't matter if he isn't clever any more, if he's cheerful he'll be fine.

Have you seriously never heard of Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela, Booker T Washington, W.E.B Dubois. My Uni's Afro-Carribbean Society would have a field day with this.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

I don't think that there is a gene for beauty, intelligence or homosexuality.

There are lots of genetic differences between races. A nice examples is alcohol susseptibility. In asian races, in some cases a certain gene is not properly expressed, causing them to have difficulties in breaking down alcohol. This "defect" is seen a lot more in asian populations as in kaukasian ones.

Source?

Alcohol tolerance is, as far as I know, related to body mass, and Asians tend to have smaller builds than Caucasians as a result of their diet.

It's true though to be honest...I cna't really think of any influencal Black people who have affected this world, mabye thats just because most of them never got a good education

I hope this is just naivety rather than blatant ignorance.

I don't think that there is a gene for beauty, intelligence or homosexuality.

There are lots of genetic differences between races. A nice examples is alcohol susseptibility. In asian races, in some cases a certain gene is not properly expressed, causing them to have difficulties in breaking down alcohol. This "defect" is seen a lot more in asian populations as in kaukasian ones.

Source?

Alcohol tolerance is, as far as I know, related to body mass, and Asians tend to have smaller builds than Caucasians as a result of their diet.

Alcohol breakdown in the liver is mediated by an enzyme so inevitably, changes in the gene encoding that enzyme will impede the enzyme's function thus impeding the ability to metabolise or deal with alcohol.

But, don't take my word for it. This is just my educated guess not incorporating other factors, possibly including body mass.

Edit:

I think this may have been what he was referring to:

The major enzymes involved in alcohol metabolism,

alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) and mitochondrial

aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH2), both

exist as multiple isoenzymes that differ in their

kinetic properties. Because the frequency of these

isoenzymes varies across population groups, their

genes have been suggested as candidate genes that

are likely to contribute to ethnic differences in

alcohol and acetaldehyde degradation, variability

in response to alcohol, and differential vulnerability

for developing alcoholism and alcoholrelated

illness (Bosron et al., 1993).

The inactive form of the mitochondrial enzyme,

encoded by the ALDH2*2 allele, is associated

with elevated acetaldehyde levels, an alcoholinduced

flushing reaction, and lower rates of

alcohol use and alcoholism in individuals of Asian

heritage with this gene mutation (Take[cabbage]a et al.,

1994; Higuchi et al., 1995).

And, according to wikipedia:

Flushing, after consuming one or two alcoholic beverages, includes a range of symptoms: dizziness, nausea, headaches, an increased pulse, occasional extreme drowsiness, and occasional skin swelling and itchiness. These unpleasant side effects often prevent further drinking that may lead to further inebriation, but the symptoms can lead to misassumption that the people affected are more easily inebriated than others.

Somewhat supported by this:

Asians who are homozygous for ALDH2*2 are very sensitive to alcohol and have tachycardia, hypotension, and vomiting after ingesting a moderate amount of alcohol.

So this isn't technically an issue of alcohol tolerance per se. It's an issue of a mutant enzyme in some asian populations causing rapid break down of alcohol into acetaldehyde, which is more toxic than alcohol and makes 'dealing with' one's drinks a bit more difficult.

(couldn't help myself, biochem is totally my thing :XD: )

It's true that Westerners are better educated than Africans, but that doesn't mean they're more intelligent. I think if two groups were given equal opportunites, you might find there's little difference.

A study of that scenario would be fair, otherwise it's just baseless assumptions.

Harrington.gif

There were 3 black Nigerian lads in my class last year, all 3 of them are good friends of mine all 3 got A-A* in ALL their GCSE's

Now at A-level 2 are doing: Maths, Biology, Physics and Chemistry and both are also taking further maths.

and the other guy is taking Geography, Chemistry, Maths and Biology.

All 3 of them are really clever/intelligent, really good at sports and have a good personality. So that scientist can shove it up his pipe and smoke it - IMHO it all depends on your parents.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

We can all quote personal anecdotes about clever black people that we know all we like (I know several) and you'd still be taking the remark out of context.

The man is a scientist, believe it or not he doesn't have any personal grudges, but he does have a heck of a lot of genetic science under his belt, and so it's a hypothesis that he's done some research on which he's commenting on, not some personal grudges. Humans are not born blank slates, some people are naturally better at certain things than other people.

As for the science behind it, I don't know, but what if on average black people did score lower in tests than white people? Or vice versa? You can't maintain a false pretence of political correctness just for the sake of it when the facts show otherwise. Nor did Watson say that every single black person is less intelligent than every single white person. It's a hypothesised average.

He's controversial only because he's letting facts speak for themselves, instead of doctoring results in order to not offend. I have a lot of respect for this guy for standing up for what his research has shown him, not some personal grudges.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I think it's irrelevant. Caucasians are greedy fools using their intelligence to exploit, and slowly lead their civilization into oblivion. Africans live in simplicity, physical labour, and relative cheerfulness despite their situation.

Which is worse, which is better? Does it even matter? People are different, there is no such thing as someone "better".

Well that wasn't racist.

Not at all ::'

I think in some cases, you could say that Africans are less intelligent. Now give me a second to make my point. Those situations are limited. The first evidence I can present is the fact that many Africans do not receive a formal education. Also their village structure is usually incredibly simple, so no parent to child education will exist because the parents won't have recieved education outside of village practices.

My two cence. ::'

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Did he say americans were smarter than africans, or white people were smarter than black people? Now I'm not american but i am under the impression there are quite a lot of black americans and white africans. Your title makes no sense.

Anyway I do not know enough about this guy, i could understand his point if he were to look at it as culture, I mean the western world has much more of a educated culture than places like Africa. All this genetics stuff, maybe it is true but intelligence is not what delegates equality. I do not know where he gets that idea.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

White people may be smarter than black people, but asian people are smarter than white people.

Also there's Germany.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I somehow knew this thread would have something to do with Rushton. My psych professor is a colleage of Rushton's (and by that I mean, he is in contact with him as they are [or rather, were, in Rushton's case] psych professors in Ontario), and my psych professor is openly critical of Rushton's work and therefore spends a lot of our lecture time talking about it :-\.

Anyways, I'm not sure about Watson, but Rushton most definately has some grudge. People who are in the name of science don't go and speak to cheering white supremacist groups.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Considering the way Homo sapiens sapiens evolved as a species, I think that the idea that people with one skin colour are more or less intelligent than the other is bunk. With that being said...

There is no sure-fire way to index intelligence. There's no denying that one person may be more or less intelligent than the other. Because of the aforementioned language barrier, it's impossible to develop a uniform test of intelligence, especially since some languages are fundamentally different on such a deep level that they'd be almost impossible to translate to. In the early 20th century, when the theory of eugenics was still popular, a lot of American scientists liked to give immigrants IQ tests, compare their results with those of (white) Americans, and come to the conclusion that foreigners are dragging down the gene pool and should be collectively sterilised. Their reports conveniently forgot to mention that the immigrants rarely spoke any English at all, but that the tests for both groups were in English anyway. And that's just the linguistics factor. Of course there are plenty of other factors, like education or the circumstances you grew up in that could affect how intelligent you are, but I believe that the potential is roughly the same for every person born healthy.

A lot of people seem to think that intelligence is hereditary simply because of how well educated and employed parents seem to have smarter kids. However, I believe that has a lot to do with the simple fact that intelligent people with good jobs have more time and money to nurture the mental development of their children.

We can all quote personal anecdotes about clever black people that we know all we like (I know several) and you'd still be taking the remark out of context.

The man is a scientist, believe it or not he doesn't have any personal grudges, but he does have a heck of a lot of genetic science under his belt, and so it's a hypothesis that he's done some research on which he's commenting on, not some personal grudges. Humans are not born blank slates, some people are naturally better at certain things than other people.

As for the science behind it, I don't know, but what if on average black people did score lower in tests than white people? Or vice versa? You can't maintain a false pretence of political correctness just for the sake of it when the facts show otherwise. Nor did Watson say that every single black person is less intelligent than every single white person. It's a hypothesised average.

He's controversial only because he's letting facts speak for themselves, instead of doctoring results in order to not offend. I have a lot of respect for this guy for standing up for what his research has shown him, not some personal grudges.

I agree. This guy isn't preaching racism, he's taking a neutral stance on the subject (and since society is now distinctly against racism, a neutral stance is taken as racist by comparison), which is certainly required in experimental science. It's not like he's trying to express his opinion on the subject (which a lot of people seem to think), but he's straightening out the facts on ethnicity and genetic based intelligence. However, this guy is slightly ambiguous regarding wether he is testing intelligence due to social upbringing, in which the results would be somewhat obvious (Africa has a poorer educational system than Europe or America etc.), but if he can prove it's to do with genetics, well... I'm not sure what will happen.

Besides, there is something to think about. Does it really matter, since the divide (if it exists) seems to be small enough for us to not notice it for this long?

Mind you, I do know a Korean guy at school who is amazing at maths. I'm talking best in UK standard. But it's an isolated result, so perhaps this is irrelevent.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think it's irrelevant. Caucasians are greedy fools using their intelligence to exploit, and slowly lead their civilization into oblivion. Africans live in simplicity, physical labour, and relative cheerfulness despite their situation.

Which is worse, which is better? Does it even matter? People are different, there is no such thing as someone "better".

This is, I'm assuming, a black person being racist against whites.

I'd like to thank you, because I won't be banned for being racist right back by saying this, because you're not being banned for what you said...

White people are the builders of nations - NOT nation destroyers. To say black people live in harmony and that white people destroy nations is absolutely hilarious.

South Africa, for example - When South Africa was a separate white/black nation, it was one of the best nations around. What happened when they stopped apartheid and black people have been taking control? The country is far worse than it was and white people are being persecuted and/or killed. Yes...Black people are SO peaceful. Every dominantly-white nation in the world is relatively peaceful, and every dominantly-black nation in the world is engulfed in conflict and death.

Why is it that nearly all pro-white groups have a stance of "send Africans back to Africa" - a peaceful notion, but pro-black groups ALL have a "Kill the white devil" stance? Again, yes...Black people are so peaceful, and whites only destroy. :roll:

Abe Lincoln wanted to send blacks back to Africa and thought that blacks mixing into our culture was a "horrible travesty of which I can think of nothing worse" (that's an almost direct quote, that's exactly what was said, however), but Blacks were allowed to mix into our culture, and look what we have now...Blacks are the highest population in prison, highest poverty rate, etc etc. And no, it ISN'T because "Whitey is keeping you down". :roll:

I'll leave with this - I'm only presenting facts, not my opinions. I'm not racist in any way, and I feel that any black person who dedicates himself and stops blaming his mediocrity on everyone else, can be just as successful as others.

...But I'll still probably get a ban anyways. Because I am white, and I spoke against a black person. :roll:

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

The smarter you are the smaller your penis. *Opens my head, takes a chunk of brains out* There i'm already B average. Now i should be C average *Looks in my pants, Oooo hey buddy*

LMAO, siggied.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Please show me a pro black group as you have put it, that use the slogan "kill the white devil". I don't really understand what you are trying to say when in the late 1800s the KKK were lynching black people.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

This topic fails because it can only lead to flaming and racism.. The intelligence level depends on the individual, not the race. (or one's penis size, for that matter)

Whites- Just go look at the 'rednecks' and try to tell me that all whites are smarter than blacks.

Blacks-(trying not to be racist here)and the people who choose to be part of a gang are somehow smarter than those who don't?? Puh-lease. :roll:

There are idiots everywhere, get over it.

Please show me a pro black group as you have put it, that use the slogan "kill the white devil". I don't really understand what you are trying to say when in the late 1800s the KKK were lynching black people.

The New Black Panthers use similar ideas...

Why is it that nearly all pro-white groups have a stance of "send Africans back to Africa" - a peaceful notion, but pro-black groups ALL have a "Kill the white devil" stance? Again, yes...Black people are so peaceful, and whites only destroy..?

The white groups want to kill every black person on the planet via concentration camps or lynching..or at least slavery. Sending them back to Africa is not enough for them..

And I'm sure Hitler was a very peaceful person. :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

LOL?

We're not talking about back then. We're talking about now. No pro-white groups want blacks dead. They want them to go back to Africa. BUT! Black people insist that Africa is in it's current condition (crappy) because whites made it that way (LAWL!) and thus, they can't go back, and that they must keep America for themselves since they built it* (again, lawl.) and that whites must go back to Europe, or more commonly, that whites must be killed.

Black Panthers are a good example, but dare I say that EVERY pro-black group has a "kill whitey" or "hate whitey" (at the least) mind-set. Almost all pro-white groups openly say they do not hate black people, they just do not believe black people should be a part of white society.

* = Building it (literally) doesn't make it yours. That's like my dad building a house for a customer and then saying "Thanks for paying me, but I think I'll keep it since I built it and I like it."

Pro-black groups are EXTREMELY racist and do so while saying that whites are, even if we're not. Merely talking about blacks as a white person is often considered racist. It's completely bogus. We've given black people a free-ride through life, all they have to do is take it...But they'd rather complain about us "holding them down" when we're clearly not, and say how they deserve reparations...Here's a hint - everything we're doing now IS your reparations.

The Jena Six case is a perfect example of blacks being racist. They feel those 6 black kids shouldn't be prosecuted because a white kid was being racist first. *BUZZER* EHHHH! WRONG.

Edit: And why did you bring Hitler into this? That dude was insane and has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Just because he's white and wasn't peaceful? So? I'm saying that blacks aren't as peaceful as that one guy said, but I'm perfectly aware SOME are. It's just that MOST are not, and looking around you at the proof will clearly prove that. Black people just like to THINK they're angels and do no wrong all because they were persecuted in the past. So what? Get over it. The Jews did, and look at them. They're doing great. There are even stereotypes about how rich all Jewish people are...THAT'S how good they're doing. But blacks should have a stereotype by now about how much they whine. Unfortunately - that'd be seen as "racist". :roll:

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

White people are the builders of nations - NOT nation destroyers. To say black people live in harmony and that white people destroy nations is absolutely hilarious.

Ooo someone is racist.

Heehee.

This thread is so pointless it's funny. :XD:

What if they do find africans are less intelligent than caucasians?

Is it the end of the world? I know I wouldn't change my outlook on things because of one of their dumb studies :P

2480+ total

Ooo someone is racist.

Heehee.

Is it the end of the world? I know I wouldn't change my outlook on things because of one of their dumb studies :P

That wasn't racist at all. Infact, the OP was far more racist by implying black people are dumber than whites...Sooo...Priorities a lil' off, or what?

And Paperclipswhatever....No. Go spam more.

Ooo someone is racist.

Heehee.

That wasn't racist at all. Infact, the OP was far more racist by implying black people are dumber than whites...Sooo...Priorities a lil' off, or what?

LOL. The OP wasn't implying black people are dumber, he was quoting something he found on internet. SOooo... reading is a bit off, or what?

2480+ total

Ooo someone is racist.

Heehee.

LOL. The OP wasn't implying black people are dumber, he was quoting something he found on internet. SOooo... reading is a bit off, or what?

Okay, he posted an article that implies black people are dumber than whites.

Whatever. That's still far more racist than what I said, and...Yet you call me racist...Again, learn what racism is, maybe?