Whats happened to tip it?

Flame_guy3

Allow me to introduce myself. And no please dont move it to the introduce yourself sticky as this is what im gonna talk about. Im flameguy3 ingame and ive just come back to runescape after trying to recover my password a couple times over the past 2 days. Some of you may remember me as the person who did The Spartan Invasion. Others may remember me for just bein a great guy over all :D

I used to love tip.it a community where everyone could just post topics not caring what others thought knowing that there would always be a good discussion.

That has changed severely. This feels like we're all being holed up in boxes as if we do not post in the correct sticky, topic or thread we will be shot hung and quartered. Note: Sarcasm.

It makes tip.it more like a giant machine rather than a community its become like some kind of dictatorship... And if this gets moved it just further proves my point.

Im not in any way saying that Tip.it is bad, in fact its a good community but it was better back then, then it is now.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant remember the guy but I absolutely cant forget that awesome siggy! Welcome back! :D

On topic I think you're right.. but maybe it's just our mind playing tricks to us. just as some peoples say RSC was better and such

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

That has changed severely. This feels like we're all being holed up in boxes as if we do not post in the correct sticky, topic or thread we will be shot hung and quartered. Note: Sarcasm.

It makes tip.it more like a giant machine rather than a community its become like some kind of dictatorship... And if this gets moved it just further proves my point.

It is not hard to know where to post a topic. The titles of forums, sub-forums, and sticky could not be made more obvious.

Posting in the correct spot helps keep the boards organized. They are a helpful tool. Want to see some in game pics? Look at the "pictures" sticky. Want to talk about general Runescape? Post it here. Etc.

If I want help and advice, It is nice to have a specific place to go to for that.

Take a look at all the recent topics that were moved. Most of the replies politely say "I think this belongs ______." I just don't see where you are coming from with your opinions.....

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

It is not hard to know where to post a topic. The titles of forums, sub-forums, and sticky could not be made more obvious.

Posting in the correct spot helps keep the boards organized. They are a helpful tool. Want to see some in game pics? Look at the "pictures" sticky. Want to talk about general Runescape? Post it here. Etc.

If I want help and advice, It is nice to have a specific place to go to for that.

Take a look at all the recent topics that were moved. Most of the replies politely say "I think this belongs ______." I just don't see where you are coming from with your opinions.....

Yes 3 - 10 sections are possible needed. But not endless threads and stickys to the point where no-one can be bothered to read what you put and your comments just become part of an endless sea. It's a game but we dont need to treat the forums like some kind of bureaucracy (dunno if i spelt right)

There are different categories and stickies for a reason. If there wasn't forum games would be in General Discussion.
Obviously those categories are necessary. But after a while it becomes an annoying part of tip it as you have to rummage through different sub-categories, stickies, barely gives you time to read posts and after a while the REALLY good reads or the really good events are missed out because no-one pays attention to some events or reads because they are in a sub category or sticky they find uninteresting.

I completely agree.

I'll re-add you on RS when I log on, we weren't friends for long but I still remember adding you :)

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Woah what's with all the drama?

Tip.it is a community which has grown very fast over the years and it's normal that the people in charge take more measures to make sure it functions correctly, seeing as the larger the crowd gets, the harder it is to control.

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

Welcome back.

Tipit has realy gone down hill nowdays Imo.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

If anything it makes the community look more dead than it actually is. Because of all these sub forums threads are all over the place. I see about 3 new threads a day on the General Forum, thats suposed to be the most popular forums, yeh people post on old threads, but most of the time i have nothing to say on those threads, because i have already said it. They don't need all these sub forums, not yet anyway. You only need them when theres actually a lot of people posting on the forums.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

I think one problem is that there are too many stickies. Most discussible topics are covered by a sticky, where they are smothered by multiple posts and not many readers.

Hit the nail on the head. Whenever a topic comes up that I want to talk about, it gets moved to a sticky or locked.

It severely limits what you can talk about in this forum. Look at the topics we have on the front page; none of them, at least to me, are really good discussions that havn't been touched on a thousand times before (including my own).

Also, it limits the flow of posts. With less topics, there are less posts, and reading this forum has turned into seeing the same posts you have viewed over and over.

Honestly, the questionaires thing should be removed. Everything that's moderately fun gets moved there, and NOBODY is on that sub-forum.

I'm only guessing...

But if you take away all the things being said in here, the problems that were dealt with previously would arise again, and would be two, or three times a large, and as a hassle to the Admins/Mods.

I think the problems that aren't around out-weigh the generalizations in this thread.

Too many stickies?

Those stickies are there to prevent the problems that the stickies were made to prevent. I suggest before complaining you go read through FU&S, and think of why such things are in place.

I know there are things that could be taken out, but I hardly think any kind of discussion is being hindered. If it causes discussion, it will be posted on. If not, it will die, sad or not.

i agree. In the gallery, someone posted a guide on terms that was way better then the one in the sticky, and it got locked by a mod saying "read the stickies :roll: "

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Agreed. I personally loathe some of the stickys, especially the "introduce yourself/leaving" one. They're like waste bins in which stories are pitched that no-one has the time, interest, or patience to sift through. I especially hate the aforementioned sticky because oftentimes now you are surprised to learn that a particular member has retired, even though they posted something in the sticky, because nobody actually reads it! A topic like joining/leaving deserves a subforum, not a congested little sticky.