What went wrong, when starting a new skill.

kieranread

Now we all have been at the stage where we need to start a new skill from scratch. Whether it was the most recent Hunter skill that was released, or whether your've just became a member for the first time and got confused with thieving.

So i want to ask you all to think back, and remember either the funniest or the most stupid thing you done when starting a new skill.

For me its more stupid than funny, it was when i just started farming, i planted my seeds, and sat and waited for 4 hours (non stop) wondering why my dead potatoes were not growing. The clue was in the name, but i didn't want to accept the death of my lovely spuds.

So what was your most stupid or funny mistake when you started any skill for the first time.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

i had no idea [garden tool] wto start crafting, so i used genies until i could make holy symbols.(i couldnt mine gold at that time)

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I once figured that training on chickens was the best way to 126!

im still at 81

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

I didn't know about iron ore or coal, so I mined tin and copper till around level 25ish. (1 level was a HUGE achievement for me back then :P )

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to farm XD...when i first got members took me like 30 min to figure out lol (and I was like lvl 94)

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

When I first started mining in the craft guild I forgot my apron and had to run all the way around fally to acess the bank :XD:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I was switching between the attack styles thinking they effect what I hit. I couldn't understand why some accounts leveled attack, some strength, and some defense. I kept making accounts thinking that there was a secret in the account that allowed you to raise strength -.-

Eventually I gave up and on a new account I could wield mith weapons before I could hit 2s or equip steel.

i returned from quitting and a new skill had been developed called hunter! By the time i got the guts to start the skill people had already got 80-90 in it so i was going to be ok in the low level areas i guessed.

the most i knew about hunter was, it involved animals. and I'm not much of a combat man and like to prepare... i turned up at the crimson swifts after being PMed there location with full Armour, whip and sharks, super set and tele runes.

i felt a little over dressed to say the leased with level 20s all around me asking what items i had on. :x

When farming finally arrived i was one of the first to be down to the fally patch, i weeded the veg patch and spent 10 minutes trying to sow my newly found "weed" into the plot. i felt like a fool later on shouting out "why on earth cant i plant my weed seeds" i think most people thought it was a joke and i was making wise cracks about being a cannabis grower but i didn't get it till a few day slater and i had already dug up my dead crops.

:oops:

2hwcu83.jpg

I was switching between the attack styles thinking they effect what I hit. I couldn't understand why some accounts leveled attack, some strength, and some defense. I kept making accounts thinking that there was a secret in the account that allowed you to raise strength -.-

Eventually I gave up and on a new account I could wield mith weapons before I could hit 2s or equip steel.

I first learned how to change attack styles to train str att and def from a very kind level 10 near edgy, he walked me into the wild told me the steps and asked me to show him if i understood, i hit him and i got a royal caning. i got given my wooden shield back later on from the same guy and i didn't think much of it until i noticed later in my life that i had actually been lured and pked by the nicest douche ever. <3:

2hwcu83.jpg

When i first started playing, i actually thought my level (combat level) was raised by training all other skills. So i mined and wc'ed to 40 each, and kept asking people what level i was, and when they kept saying 3, i was getting mad, until someone said the level displayed by a character is only raised by training atk, str, def, range, mage, and hp. I stopped mining and wcing after that for nearly 3 months.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Trying to use combat :P. I had no clue how to raise the different ones, or what the different attack methods did.

What had attracted me to tipit(other then the ernest the chicken quest guide :P) was the other info and I was skimming through it when I was new and I found the crafting skill and learned what cowhides were and how to raise crafting :P.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Hehe, when I was a wee little noob I couldn't figure out how to change attack methods, I thought it gave it to you randomly :XD:

I think I got to 45 attack before I figured it out. 45 attack with like 3 str, 1 mage, 1 range, and like 6 prayer. lol. :oops:

Amazing Avatar by Lit0ua <3:

On my old account (started back in 2001/early 2002) I got a few early levels from mining and smithing at the dwarven mines and I thought that the way to 99 would be the same speed. I told one of my first friends in RS that I'd have 99 smithing and mining in 2 days. LOL.

Not only that but I spent the first seventy levels of mining running from the dwarven mine all the way back to falador (LONG way, around the mountain and hill), and sold coal for 50gp each because I thought it'd save time from dropping it. Taught me to look at a map first whenever I'm doing ANYTHING.

RSN: Manaleak

i had no idea [garden tool] wto start crafting, so i used genies until i could make holy symbols.(i couldnt mine gold at that time)

Mine is similar. i wanted to make tiaras for RC'ing, but i didnt have the crafting level. so i looked at the crafting menu in-game and saw that i could make gold jewellery (no gems). Just one problem, my smith level was only 25 or so. So i was mining all these silver ores and making them into bars to raise my smithing so i could make gold bars to raise my crafting, which would allow me to craft all those thousands of silver bars i had. #-o And around and around it went. After a few hundred silver bars i gave up and discovered cowhides :wall:

Barrows drops: Guthan helm (1), Vearc skirt (1)

Dragon drops: 0

Rune drops: Rune med (2), rune full (1)

while on tutorial island I misread what the prayer guy said, so I thought the way to raise prayer was by "burning" bones instead of "burying" so I took a while trying to burn bones <.<

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

well wen i first began farming i thought the way to raise it was by picking vegetables in local farming areas. After 3 hours of frustration i gave up untill i met a friend of mine and he taught me how to farm. And now im 77

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

When I first started smelting ores into bars, I always walked from fally bank down to the lumbridge furnace. I also turned my bars into armour by banking in falador and using the anvils in varrock.

No wonder smithing was one of my lowest skills for such a long time. I thought it took ages to get up. :XD: