What went wrong, when starting a new skill.

kieranread

I guess this story counts...

A friend of mine who used to play and I decided we want to get to lvl 99 smithing (both of us were under lvl 10) so that we could make rune and get rich. And my friend logged on one day and messaged me that he had figured out how to do it super easy.

I asked him how...

He said "All we need to do is control all the money in runescape and then people will have to help us get whatever we will need"

And at first I was like "OMG WE DID IT!"

All we have to do is hold onto the money and never use it. Eventually we would have it all...

Soon after the thought crossed my mind... How can people sell things to the general store and always get money...

Then I realized... Runescape has an infinite money system...

I told my friend...

Both of us were disappointed...

Neither of us are close to 99 smithing.

sig2yq6.png

Presto instant eggs.
i have the solution to "goblin diplomacy"...kill wartface and bentnoze.

This happened to me when the Hunter skill was released, the moment it was released i stopped doing whatever i was doing at that moment and ran to yanile.

Upon seeing the hunter store, i bought whatever items remaining in stock left possible, then i kept trying to set-up all of them.

But soon i realised it was wrong and i was skimming through the world map to find where to hunt. It was then when i followed my friend to fedlip hills's beach to catch those red birds.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

When I first started I didn't know how to train defense. Then eventually I died on that character and made another finally learned it. Then about 2 years later I wanted a pure I used the one that I didn't know how to train defense. Spent 500k for them to get 31 prayer and got them 40 mage + Ranged + 38 attack and 40 strength. What happens? It's locked because I created that account on a different IP :/.

When I began I had no idea about how to get prayer exp. Cue hours of time wasted praying repeatedly at an altar, wondering how long it takes to get a prayer level...

I also thought you got def exp by having 0's hit on you...

Strangely, I miss those days ::'

Ultimo_Hobo1.png

*cough* *wheeze* In MY day, we didn't have no fancy side menu. Whenever you attacked something a box with options came up in the top left corner and you selected one. And all weapons could use all styles.

When we were mining, there was always ore in the rock, it was just harder to mine for.

We didn't have no fancy Runecrafting, all runes had to be bought from stores or gotten from monsters.

Chickens were more efficient exp per damage then lessers.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

When farming finally arrived i was one of the first to be down to the fally patch, i weeded the veg patch and spent 10 minutes trying to sow my newly found "weed" into the plot. i felt like a fool later on shouting out "why on earth cant i plant my weed seeds" i think most people thought it was a joke and i was making wise cracks about being a cannabis grower but i didn't get it till a few day slater and i had already dug up my dead crops.

:oops:

Thats got to be the best so far. I mean if i was there listening to that i would have been laughing non stop, no wonder that thought you were making smark comments.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

Wow so many memories. <3:

I didn't figure out what strength was for until I was about level 25 I think. I thought you could hit higher as your combat level went up. I didn't figure out how to see my combat level for a while. I didn't want to bother anybody by asking them so I ran around until I found someone's name who was yellow.

Another time, one of my friends "went all the way to the end of the wilderness and got some big bones". I decided to go with him in my fancy new black mace, square shield, and steel/iron armor. We got to about level 20 when we met a mage pure(I didn't know about them at the time). We asked him if he wanted to come with us. He just decided to attack me instead... I died and lost my precious black mace. :cry: That reminds me, I couldn't figure out why I always kept my iron plate, legs, and kite when I died. My friend had given me full iron when I first started.

The first account I made, I died a few times on it. Since I had recently been playing a Zelda game, I though that dying must have some bad affect on your character, so I made a new one.

Good times, good times. :thumbsup:

wartortlelove.jpg

In RSC times

Tin is grey right?

so i mined a copper and it turned grey and i thought i could mine tin.. which i couldnt!

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

mine was probably buying 100 oak seeds and putting them all into pots when the skill first was released so I could level some, only to find out that they weren't tradable at that time and weren't useful to me after using about 20 of them, I ended up just dropping the rest of them :shock:

When I first started training Herblore, I ground up all the Guam Leaves I had collected and then couldn't figure out why it didn't do anything when I tried to put them in vials. It was very frustrating. I've since learned how to do the skill :D

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

smihting, i was mining in varrock east mine, then walking all the way to limbridge to smelth, then with bars, walking to anvil in varrock to make bronze dagger, walking to general store to sell my dagger. walking to back, banking money, walk back to varrock mine and repeat. About ~500exp and hour O:)

oie_080707215636np9.png

smihting, i was mining in varrock east mine, then walking all the way to limbridge to smelth, then with bars, walking to anvil in varrock to make bronze dagger, walking to general store to sell my dagger. walking to back, banking money, walk back to varrock mine and repeat. About ~500exp and hour O:)

I did that too. Hey it wasn't that bad, In 3 days I had 30 mining and smithing and an addy pickaxe. It feels good when you have small achievements to be proud of AND you know there's lots more to be explored in the game.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I planted my seeds, and sat and waited for 4 hours (non stop) wondering why my dead potatoes were not growing. The clue was in the name, but i didn't want to accept the death of my lovely spuds.

Lol I found a new sig =)

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

Erm, I guess I never actually answered the question >.>

I have 49 Herblore, and I still don't get it. :oops:

:lol:

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)