17-year-old disciplined for shotgun shells at school

jokemaster

Though I'm sure she had no intention of harming anyone, she brought bullets to school in a time in which school shootings seem to be common. It's like yelling "bomb" on a plane. :P It's unfortunate. But, she should have known that if she got caught, she could have faced some consequences.

Exactly. In cases like this, it's better to be safe than sorry. I'd rather have a 17 year old suspended for bringing shells to school than see the headline "Colorado School Shooting." And if she explains it to colleges/employers it'll probably be shrugged off because of the activities she's involved in.

Sadly they don't know if she didn't have a gun somewhere else or not. It sucks but well, to be honest, I don't exactly blame the school either. Its shown time and time again when you don't actually take action the worst always seems to happen.

Still a suspension isn't that large of a deal.

the suspension isn't what they're worried about. it's the 'dangerous weapon' on her behavior record. when she goes to get a job and they see she was suspended from school for bringing a dangerous weapon they're going to think twice about hiring her.

that's why she is trying to get it changed to a tobacco violation.

I would imagine (or hope) that once they found out more they could change it up.

Exactly. In cases like this, it's better to be safe than sorry. I'd rather have a 17 year old suspended for bringing shells to school than see the headline "Colorado School Shooting." And if she explains it to colleges/employers it'll probably be shrugged off because of the activities she's involved in.
Because crazed teenagers intent on shooting random people at their school and then themselves are stopped by suspensions, right?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Though I'm sure she had no intention of harming anyone, she brought bullets to school in a time in which school shootings seem to be common. It's like yelling "bomb" on a plane. :P It's unfortunate. But, she should have known that if she got caught, she could have faced some consequences.

Bomb Bomb Bomb da Airplane

loverrrzp8.jpg

harsh, but not ridiculous, bringing weapons ammunition to school is obviously a threat, so the punishemnt makes sence. But I think they should have done a little more investigating to find that he had obviously no dangerous intentions, in the end he didn't deserve suspension.

Shotgun shells aren't dangerous instruments... Put any small object in a gun and it will kill somebody. The small object on its own is harmless.

Unless you throw it at people...Like me :-$

Overreacant Security Guard ftl.....I guess you can't blame him. He probably thought she was a careless terrorist.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

If she had a gun i'd say the punishment fits. but if its only ammunition then the punishment doesn't fit. the worse you can do to someone with a bullet and you don't have a gun is throw the bullet at them and bruise them.

Or try and stab them, or try to poke theor eyes out ::'

But just because you have a liscense doesn;t mean you won't snap and be reckless or try and kill someone. This is especially obvious for driver's liscenses.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Have any of you thought about what would happen if you placed a shotgun cartridge in a vice, then hit the end hard with a chisel? Yep, you guessed it. Bang. Apparently it's possible, but only if you hit it right.

I've never done it, but my shooting teacher knows someone who has. I think it sent pellets into his foot or something. You don't actually need a gun to blow a cartridge, but the gun does make it significantly more deadly. Also, it was highly idiotic to place the cartridges in view, especially when all of the boxes are clearly labelled 'shotgun cartridges' or equivalent.

You see, the punishment was not directed at her potentially using them with a shotgun as a weapon. The facts that this article provide prove it. Actually it was the factor that not everyone in the school has these kind of qualifications. Before you know it, someone sees the cartridges, smashes the window, and tries to make it explode.

Plus the whole cigarettes in the car when she knew it was banned was also stupid.

Why can't people not try to reduce the punishment, but not break the rule in the first place? :notalk:

Sometimes the obvious bias in the article isn't always right.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

To blast a shotgun shell without the gun, like he said, you'd probably need a vice to hold it in place for a strike hard enough to shoot it. Even if you started to do that though, it's obvious that it would be extremely inconvenient and people around would see what she was doing. If nobody saw, there's nobody around..and thus no chance for injury at all.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Way to overreact, if you ask me. All she had was the shells, no gun itself.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

this is utter bull-s why in the first place they punish a person who did not do annything wrong,was not helding a fire-arm or any kind of dangerouse objects, was for crying out lout a some what champion of clay shooting which suppose to be a "national treasure"

Another fine example is that a boxer who brings glove with him or a base ball player take a bat to school well to be honest i have heared more people getting hurt by fist's , bats than shotgun shell (shell guys not shell's that are actually shot)

to be honest this is a typical example of true hypocritical trash i think they just tried to made an example out of her.

and for the smoking (dont live in the states but in the netherlands its legal) well who are they to say ,her desision to smoke,and who says they are hers?

please if you have the time add twinsen345 for a chat i always love to talk

this is utter bull-s why in the first place they punish a person who did not do annything wrong,was not helding a fire-arm or any kind of dangerouse objects, was for crying out lout a some what champion of clay shooting which suppose to be a "national treasure"

Another fine example is that a boxer who brings glove with him or a base ball player take a bat to school well to be honest i have heared more people getting hurt by fist's , bats than shotgun shell (shell guys not shell's that are actually shot)

to be honest this is a typical example of true hypocritical trash i think they just tried to made an example out of her.

and for the smoking (dont live in the states but in the netherlands its legal) well who are they to say ,her desision to smoke,and who says they are hers?

Not sure if you know this but doing ANY type of drug on a school campus in the USA is illegal.

_________

OT: Way overreacting about it. Crime does NOT fit the punishment and they should stop trying to make an example out of her...

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

Wecome to the wonderful world of the lawsuit-fearing public school system...

Really, ffs... I have a hoodie that I sometimes wear to school; it has a string that I could use to kill someone... yet noone comments.. But the minute anthing remotely relating to guns come within a mile of a school, and they'll have the [bleep]ing FBI out there. -.-

The only reason I have to NOT support her side is the fact that the NRA is backing her case.. The Founding Fathers didn't mean AK-47s when they wrote about the right to bear arms.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I hear and see new stupids in the news everyday.

She has a just reason, the school is too stubborn. What can she do with a shotgun shell? Throw it at someone?! A pen is more dangerous, its sharper.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)