Facebook vs Myspace

darkmage099

I prefer MySpace tbh. I like messing round with the HTML, and all my friends use it. I tried Facebook and it just wasn't for me, I couldn't find anybody I knew on there that wasn't a teacher from school, (or my mum :| ) so I left it.

Plugpoint92 ::'

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer MySpace tbh. I like messing round with the HTML
Playing with HTML can be fun. Unfortunately most people don't know how to do it properly and end up creating a complete mess of code which breaks in every browser. The websites that offer skins to use on your profiles are just as bad and result in really bloated code that are incredibly slow to load. Myspace should change to only be able to edit a select few fields. Background/Bgcolour and font colours. Only sponsored pages should be able to be skinned properly with css. Unfortunately for every nicely designed Myspace page there's about 500 poorly designed ones.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Playing with HTML can be fun. Unfortunately most people don't know how to do it properly and end up creating a complete mess of code which breaks in every browser. The websites that offer skins to use on your profiles are just as bad and result in really bloated code that are incredibly slow to load. Myspace should change to only be able to edit a select few fields. Background/Bgcolour and font colours. Only sponsored pages should be able to be skinned properly with css. Unfortunately for every nicely designed Myspace page there's about 500 poorly designed ones.

I hate when people leave their pimpmyprofile (or other ones) advertisements on their myspace because they aren't smart enough to remove that section of code. It does bug me.

I like playing around with the html and css, but I don't really have enough time to design it from scratch so I get ones of the internet and change it from there to suit myself, so really its just the background which stays the same.

They're used for different purposes. My friends have urged me to get FB to keep in touch with them at Uni and in the future. But I still prefer LiveJournal for blogging, graphics, etc. I'm more interested in Photoshop-ing graphics. So, hmm. :?

"Come back. Come back to me."

The beginning of atonement is the sense of its necessity -- Lord Byron

I agree more often than not I dont even attempt to read the profile espesially when its black text on a dark-mid background. Unfortunatly alot of profiles seem to be done like this its as if people dont consider the possibility that someone might try to read it.

I also wonder what the security implementations are I havent checked it out properly but can users embed full java script into their profile? or worse activeX?

I think it's funny when people go through and add everyone in their network so that they look like they have tons of friends when they probably talk to just a few irl. I'll stick to just adding the people I talk to and people I know online ;)

My space seems pretty bad for that I only add people I know.

Alot of people I know dont have internet and Most who do dont have any social network accounts I didnt a year ago.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I vote Facebook.

Myspace

- Anyone can see your profile

- No one has their real name

- Girls seems to love making the entire page bright pink with huge green font sizes and yellow stripes. I can't read half the pages without having to highlight the text boxes

- It's full of 10 year olds.

Facebook

- Solid, uniform colors that go well together

- Private. Only people I know personally are allowed to view my page.

- Organized and uniformed. If someone mentions a guy who I recognize the name of, I can see his profile picture and graduating year. It all acts like a modern, useful phone book.

By the way, facebook has gotten a lot worse then it was in 2005. Those who just got it have no idea. Before there were no custom apps so there were none of these annoying "so and so has rated you! Add this app to see what he said" or "so and so has asked you a question, click here to answer it!"

Also, back in the day you could only use .edu email addresses. Only people in college were allowed. Period. None of these high school punks flooding the place with their profiles. I know you guys in high school right now are like "hey, were just as mature! Don't be so arrogant!" but trust me... You know how you view middle schoolers or 5th graders right now? Yea, those people are high schoolers when you get to college. :P

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

By the way, facebook has gotten a lot worse then it was in 2005. Those who just got it have no idea. Before there were no custom apps so there were none of these annoying "so and so has rated you! Add this app to see what he said" or "so and so has asked you a question, click here to answer it!"

Also, back in the day you could only use .edu email addresses.

Id be all in favor of banning hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc email addresses to cut down on the idiots.

p.s

yes invites are annoying!

facebook.jpg

EDIT: Tif isnt allowing the image

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002