Facebook vs Myspace

darkmage099

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Facebook to Myspace. Why? In my opinion, Myspace is too personalized; highlighting the importance of an individual more than someone using Facebook. In many cases, this promotes self absorption, while Facebook focuses on the community. Of course this stereotype doesn't apply to everyone, it is just from my experience. I know I would rather be talking with my friends than wasting time boasting about random junk for no result.

gotphazonkz5.png

99/99 Defence 92/99 strength 80/99 slayer

Bebo? :(

I don't like the fact that you use your real name on facebook.

I for one don't like people on the internet to know my real name. It's not a nice thought. Plus I don't like the fact you can't customise facebook colours.

On the other hand, I don't like over customised myspace profiles, but if they're done well they can look quite nice.

So myspace =D

This post was brought to you by Xx-Intriguing Enigma 15-xX

This post was brought to you by Ill= Waste-of-bandwidth spam-omatic =llI.

I'm funny too.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

id have to say myspace just because i have alot more of my friends have it and i feel its more user friendly,but i do have both

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

I have both but I prefer Facebook. I don't have to worry about loading all those crappy backgrounds when my internet connection is crap plus everyone in my school has Facebook so it's just easier than trying to get everyone to convert back to Myspace or even Xanga (if anyone remembers that hah).

I have both but I prefer Facebook. I don't have to worry about loading all those crappy backgrounds when my internet connection is crap plus everyone in my school has Facebook so it's just easier than trying to get everyone to convert back to Myspace or even Xanga (if anyone remembers that hah).

I...I...I had a Xanga. :oops:

You're my friend on Facebook, Ryan.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Got Firefox and Greasemonkey...? Now you can hide crappy apps from other peoples profiles http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/15286

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I...I...I had a Xanga. :oops:

You're my friend on Facebook, Ryan.

Hah I had a Xanga a long time ago too :P And yes I know you're my friend on Facebook lol. I'm pretty sure I put you on my top friends ;)

I used to have a myspace (got rid of it about a year or two ago) and now have a facebook (just signed up today) because all of my friends have one. I only have about four friends so far and everyone, even the people who never talk to anyone, have more than 100...:(

I'm just going to wait for people to add me and only add the friends that are my best.

I used to have a myspace (got rid of it about a year or two ago) and now have a facebook (just signed up today) because all of my friends have one. I only have about four friends so far and everyone, even the people who never talk to anyone, have more than 100...:(

I'm just going to wait for people to add me and only add the friends that are my best.

I think it's funny when people go through and add everyone in their network so that they look like they have tons of friends when they probably talk to just a few irl. I'll stick to just adding the people I talk to and people I know online ;)

Hah, yeah. Online buddies. D: :P

By the way...Totally off-topic, but what's your current opinion on DG? What should be done with it? Two people show up about once every other day...:/

Edit: I would offer you an add, but by the looks of things I'm probably getting rid of mine...:?

Hah, yeah. Online buddies. D: :P

By the way...Totally off-topic, but what's your current opinion on DG? What should be done with it? Two people show up about once every other day...:/

Edit: If you remind me, I'll add you on Facebook once I get ahold of my account.

I think I'm going to leave DGI up and running until phpbber.com gets tired of me wasting their bandwidth with a forum that's so rarely used and closes it themselves.

And yeah, add me on Facebook :) *points to www thing below sig area*

I think it's funny when people go through and add everyone in their network so that they look like they have tons of friends when they probably talk to just a few irl. I'll stick to just adding the people I talk to and people I know online ;)

I'm the exact same way. Which is probably why I only have about 6 friends. Some girl from my high school tried to "friend" me the other day. What the hell? I wasn't friends with you in high school girl, I'm not about to become part of your collection now. The most useful part of facebook I can see right now is the event organization. We've made it even easier than just writing it down. Now, all you have to do is click a button.

I have both a myspace and a facebook. Each I use for their specific qualities. Myspace is what I used during High School and for blogging a lot. Now that I am in college, I bet 9/10 people have a facebook. I use that to communicate with them instead of wasting my cell phone minutes calling them. So I use facebook for people to contact me and myspace as a way to be personal with bloggings. I don't ever bother with backgrounds, it's just a hassle.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I just encountered the worst myspace background I've seen so far, it was a flipping strobe light, grrr.

But I'm gonna have to go with myspace, mostly because most of my friends use it, and such. I like to think my background is pretty easy to read, white on black, but not blindening contrast, but I know what you mean about the backgrounds.

I don't believe I can make a fair judgement of facebook because I don't have many friends on there, so I only go on like once a day to check for changes, and play Frogger.

I use Myspace/Bebo/Facebook, I don't really feel the need to restrict myself to one.