c. u think u will cop dome via the internet

facebook:

a. high school and above

b. your awesome

c. you know u will cop dome via the internet

I take you use MySpace, then?

:XD:

I'm sorry phat, he got you there.

But facebook is better in my opinion, not that I even have a myspace.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I don't understand why people say MySpace is full of stalkers. I know it is but I'm sure there are plenty on Facebook too...

I bet there's actually more on Facebook because of the news reports and the fact that Facebook is more personal I think.

But at the same time people are networked in facebook and you can't view anyone's profile outside your network. This is especially useful for university networks where you need an email on a university domain to get access to its facebook network. Seeing as facebook was originally intended to just be for university students this really ups the privacy of facebook when compared to myspace where the networking concept doesn't exist.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I can tell you guys haven't used facebook before, or if you have, like Medellin says you have some idiot friends

You're insulting many of the tip it users I have on myspace. I don't think they would take it lightly that you're naming them idiots.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

and i best mention i use both, to keep in touch with various people.

And when someone makes a facebook application to block application requests - WIN. You have no idea how much that crap pisses me off. I'd rather have people with random display names adding or messaging me than having everyone second person sending me requests for 11ty billion applications every day.

Well I never quite understood why every Bob and Tom should have one of these "profiles" to tell information about themselves when we have messengers, cellphones, etc... :lol:

And how do some people have like 100,000 people in their "friends" network? You probably haven't even talked to over 99,980 of them, nor do most of them even know/care of your existence anymore after 'accepting' the invitation!

Just make your own website/homepage which you can customize 100%+you can tell about yourself AND be unique for *real*. But whatever floats your boat..

But at the same time people are networked in facebook and you can't view anyone's profile outside your network.

That makes a lot more sense. People on the internet don't generally like sense though, especially the 'common' variety, I don't wonder why they'd gravitate towards MySpace...

I can tell you guys haven't used facebook before, or if you have, like Medellin says you have some idiot friends

You're insulting many of the tip it users I have on myspace. I don't think they would take it lightly that you're naming them idiots.

If you actually read the whole thing, Goddess.

Catnip was insulting facebook because it doesn't use their real name. Kido was pointing out that he must obviously not have a facebook because he is obviously wrong. He then added that if he did see that from his friends, they must be idiots.

and i best mention i use both, to keep in touch with various people.

And when someone makes a facebook application to block application requests - WIN. You have no idea how much that crap pisses me off. I'd rather have people with random display names adding or messaging me than having everyone second person sending me requests for 11ty billion applications every day.

Yeah, that is kind of annoying.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Facebook is perfect for real life friends and organising events and parties etc. Myspace and Bebo are for children who want to act like someone they are not and for crappy teenager emo bands.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If he was quoting catnip he should have removed my quote from the very beginning, referring back to myself.

Common sense really mate =; So don't even go there.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Facebook, the apps are leet, and everyone is generally more mature. For sure it is full of win.

It wouldn't matter if I was on Facebook or Myspace, the only people who I talk to are my friends. :|

I'm going with Myspace. All of my friends have one and use them everyday. Maybe two people I know have Facebooks...

A BBC poll showed that Facebook tends to be populated by older and more intelligent and educated people than Myspace, Bebo etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I have a Facebook account, but I can't say I'm that huge a fan. I hardly ever visit it. I don't really get how people can be addicted to it, either. I just don't seem to get the point of LinkedIn, Facebook, Myspace,...

A BBC poll showed that Facebook tends to be populated by older and more intelligent and educated people than Myspace, Bebo etc.

No matter what I used I would be adding the same friends as I have on my bebo. Age, intelligence and maturity of the average user doesn't really affect me. It's all down to personal preference.

sig2ho7.jpg

That is some good information there Merc but I still prefer myspace, it causes less complications for me :)

And as Phil stated, I would still have the same friends and still talk to the same people, without the complications I was having using facebook.

Each to their own I say.

igoddessIsig.png

I'm still unsure of what "complications" people are having with Facebook but fair enough i suppose. All my real life friends use FB which is a cleaner and faster interface. Any apps you don't want to be invited to you can block and you don't get spammed by randoms and bands trying to get you to listen to their crappy music.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I'm still unsure of what "complications" people are having with Facebook but fair enough i suppose. All my real life friends use FB which is a cleaner and faster interface. Any apps you don't want to be invited to you can block and you don't get spammed by randoms and bands trying to get you to listen to their crappy music.

I stated my complications on page 1. I'm sure they could be fixed but I decided getting rid of the account was easier :)

igoddessIsig.png

I also don't like how facebook reports me all my friends finding e.g. person x just added person y, so what?? I don't care :@

http://www.facebook.com/editprofile.php?contact

privacydy3.png

Contact info privacy, I can choose to hide my email, phone numbers etc to only show to my friends. If i make them a "limited friend" then they can still see my profile but with no personally identifiable information.

http://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?notifications

notificationshx1.png

Able to change what kind of email notifications you get from your friends.

http://www.facebook.com/feed_prefs.php

slidersyp9.png

This is the best section. It allows you to choose what feed notifications you get from you and your friends. Dont like seeing whos added who? Then change the slider.

friendsupdatescz9.png

In the same section you can also choose to have less updates from some friends and more from others.

This is why Facebook is so much nicer than Myspace to use. It seems that a lot of quirks that some people have posted about why they dont like facebook can be easily changed in the preferences.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi