Facebook vs Myspace

darkmage099

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like an iPod vs. mp3 player.

The iPod is more well known and can be seen as easier and simpler, but that leads people and somtimes stupid people to it. The thing I don't like on myspace though is the people beggining for comments and picture comments. It's the the homeless episode on Southpark, they feed off of it.

I just started Facebook so for now I'm choosing Myspace. :P

They're both well known and popular. Myspace has been around longer, but nonetheless they are both well known.

I don't use either but if I had to pick, I'd go with Facebook just because it wouldn't hurt my eyes. Myspace's text/background layout seems extremely illogical and is painful to my eyes (text scrolls while background stays still??).

While on subject, I find it interesting that it used to be that people would ask for each other's AIM screenames, and nowadays it's all about network private messages which aren't live conversations (waiting for replies isn't my thing, I'd rather call the person or send an email but not in between).

TxT messaging, aim, and all that is just idle conversation for kids who have nothing to say. I only use it when I have to deliver a short message, and it is inconvenient to call. I dont see how people use 1000+ text messages a month...that's ridiculous.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

There's also the bonus my friends actually using Facebook, and being able to know who you're adding/being added by, instead of wondering who the hell xxx[generic attention-[bleep] type name]xxx is.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I say myspace, you can make it look a lot better than face book.

I tried out face book and thought it was the biggest load of crap and deleted my account.

+1.

I can't stand the mess of Facebook.

+2

It really looks bad. And for the people who say that people use their real names, I've seen a lot of "James DaBaddestSouljaboyDancer Williams" That isn't a real name but it is an example. I find that more annoying than the MySpace names tbh.

wpsig1ht5.gif

Haha, that speaks volumes about the people you hang around with.

Of the 100 or so friends I have on Facebook, none of them have that stuff. Not to mention it's against Facebook policy to do that.

You wanna see a mess? Go to a typical Myspace page which has a crapload of flash videos, a horrid song in the background, and a number of broken HTML tags

onceiroseik5.png

When communicating with friends over myspace I hardly ever go on their profile, I just click comment back on my page.

So you don't have to wait for the badly designed (some friends) myspace to load..

A friend to all is a friend to none.

I tried out face book and thought it was the biggest load of crap and deleted my account.

+1.

+2

It really looks bad. And for the people who say that people use their real names, I've seen a lot of "James DaBaddestSouljaboyDancer Williams" That isn't a real name but it is an example. I find that more annoying than the MySpace names tbh.

I can tell you guys haven't used facebook before, or if you have, like Medellin says you have some idiot friends

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

+1.

+2

I can tell you guys haven't used facebook before, or if you have, like Medellin says you have some idiot friends

I have a Facebook account. I don't use it because Facebook is horrible... My friends don't do that. I just see it on other peoples. But it is mostly the little kids on there that do it. The "gangstas" do it too. It also takes forever to change your display name. On MySpace, it takes less than a minute. I consider Facebook a less creative version of MySpace.
wpsig1ht5.gif

Your display name is supposed to be your actual name, lol.

And I'm gonna call BS on you and bet you never took the time to actually use Facebook, considering you don't "just see" another person's profile unless you searched for it or clicked it.

onceiroseik5.png

For those complaining about load times on Facebook, do you happen to be the people who receive about a billion application invites and then accept them? It's just like anything else, the more you have going on in one web page, the longer it is to load. Ergo, have less application, and there will be less load time.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I prefer facebook, easy to use, simple clean cut.

I have a myspace account, I might log into every couple months. I find it ugly, too much nonsensical stuff on it. Every page you go to you find some [developmentally delayed]ed music blaring out of your speakers. Seems like alot of them also create a page that is just too difficult to read with sharp contrasting colors, black on black text.

chippersig.jpg

Facebook is more clean cut, but simply can't match the number of people on Myspace.

Quality > Quantity

I'm glad facebook doesn't have 9 year olds

OH! Anyone remember XANGA?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

heres how it goes

if you use myspace:

a. your in middle school

b. your a pedophile

c. your a [bleep]

c. u think u will cop dome via the internet

facebook:

a. high school and above

b. your awesome

c. you know u will cop dome via the internet

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

heres how it goes

if you use myspace:

a. your in middle school

b. your a pedophile

c. your a [bleep]

facebook:

a. high school and above

b. your awesome

:ugh:

heres how it goes

if you use myspace:

a. your in middle school

b. your a pedophile

c. your a [bleep]

facebook:

a. high school and above

b. your awesome

I take you use MySpace, then?

heres how it goes

if you use myspace:

a. your in middle school

b. your a pedophile

c. your a [bleep]

facebook:

a. high school and above

b. your awesome

I use MySpace. Lets see... I'm in High School. I'm not a pedo. I'm not a bleep. And wtf is C2? That's right, you put 2 C's. You made yourself look smart by insulting a site saying it was for middle schoolers when you cannot distinguish between a C and a D.

Facebook is dumb imo. The name just sounds dumb. It lacks creativity. It will always be known as a wannabe MySpace site in my book.

wpsig1ht5.gif