My problems with facebooks are the apps

John Smith has just invited you to join his group

John Smith has just challenged you to his movie quiz

I got like 20 of them a day,and it really started to piss me off

blockappdg4.png does that not work for you? :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My problems with facebooks are the apps

John Smith has just invited you to join his group

John Smith has just challenged you to his movie quiz

I got like 20 of them a day,and it really started to piss me off

blockappdg4.png does that not work for you? :roll:
For that to be effective, for me, I'd have to go to every application there is and block it before people send it to me. I've got about 40 different app invites, and more come every day. blocking them once I get them isn't a problem, I just don't want to get them in the first place.

Much like making sure spam doesn't reach your inbox :P

Maybe you just need to educate your friends a bit more about how crap most apps are. I honestly don't get that many any more, I think you are exaggerating.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Nah, I have some pretty out-there.... "bloggers" who will partake in almost anything, if they can. Highly tempting to just remove them as friends just to stop the app invites actually <.<

Highly tempting to just remove them as friends just to stop the app invites actually <.<
I've done that before to people. I am of the opinion that if you are not really my friend and only added me for e-cred and to spam me with app invites then you can go bug someone else.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

@Rick, just look at the top 50 most popular apps and pre-emptively block them. Thats what I did

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I can tell you guys haven't used facebook before, or if you have, like Medellin says you have some idiot friends

You're insulting many of the tip it users I have on myspace. I don't think they would take it lightly that you're naming them idiots.

If you actually read the whole thing, Goddess.

Catnip was insulting facebook because it doesn't use their real name. Kido was pointing out that he must obviously not have a facebook because he is obviously wrong. He then added that if he did see that from his friends, they must be idiots.

and i best mention i use both, to keep in touch with various people.

And when someone makes a facebook application to block application requests - WIN. You have no idea how much that crap pisses me off. I'd rather have people with random display names adding or messaging me than having everyone second person sending me requests for 11ty billion applications every day.

Yeah, that is kind of annoying.

I don't feel like reading the last couple pages to see what others have said, but from your post it seems as you took what I said the wrong way. Facebook people use their real name. But they also do: John Ilovesouljaboy Wilson. E-gangsters. MySpace is the original and Facebook is a ripoff imho.
wpsig1ht5.gif

I can tell you guys haven't used facebook before, or if you have, like Medellin says you have some idiot friends

You're insulting many of the tip it users I have on myspace. I don't think they would take it lightly that you're naming them idiots.

Catnip was insulting facebook because it doesn't use their real name. Kido was pointing out that he must obviously not have a facebook because he is obviously wrong. He then added that if he did see that from his friends, they must be idiots.

And when someone makes a facebook application to block application requests - WIN. You have no idea how much that crap pisses me off. I'd rather have people with random display names adding or messaging me than having everyone second person sending me requests for 11ty billion applications every day.

I don't feel like reading the last couple pages to see what others have said, but from your post it seems as you took what I said the wrong way. Facebook people use their real name. But they also do: John Ilovesouljaboy Wilson. E-gangsters. MySpace is the original and Facebook is a ripoff imho.

Who says ripoffs aren't better? In a lot of scenarios, they can be new and improved, and thus making them better than the older ones.

Yeah, so your point there are names like that? The ratio of real names to that is what matters.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

[hide=?]

Who says ripoffs aren't better? In a lot of scenarios, they can be new and improved, and thus making them better than the older ones.

Yeah, so your point there are names like that? The ratio of real names to that is what matters.

[/hide]The creator of Facebook only wishes he could be as leet as Tom. Case closed. MySpace is better.
wpsig1ht5.gif

[hide=?]

[/hide]The creator of Facebook only wishes he could be as leet as Tom. Case closed. MySpace is better.

Your argument has persuaded me. I secede my points.

dmanxb7.jpg

[hide=?]

Your argument has persuaded me. I secede my points.

Thank you.
wpsig1ht5.gif

It doesn't affect me much. I just leave the application requests alone. Its just the right side which is useless, with pokes and what not.

These are on the right side of my home page

[hide]24 group invitations1 ilike invitation5 fortune friend requests4 top friends friend requests1 x me invitation1 superpoke request1 my questions friend request1 horoscope friend request1 zombies invitation3 zombie invitations3 vampire invitations4 vampires invitations1 get double dared invitation3 texas hold'em invitations5 poker- help a friend invitations1 get superlatives invitation1 love quotes request1 what's your stripper request1 wall post request1 super wall post request2 game invitations1 compare request1 likeness quiz request1 ninja invitation1 no mercy request1 fight club invitation1 counter strike invitation1 best at invitation1 are you interested? invitation2 slayers invitations1 human pets invitation1 happy hour request1 pet dragons request12 scratch and win invitations2 starcraft invitations1 ruckus invitation1 petrolhead invitation1 noggin request[/hide]

gr454rc.gif

Catnip, you do know there were sites like this before Myspace right? Friendster and Asian Avenue for example

edit: and why do you guys bother declining apps invites? just ignore them. the only time i accept something is friend requests

Yes I know but MySpace was better than all of those. That's why more people use it. Also, wtf is asian avenue?
wpsig1ht5.gif

Catnip, you do know there were sites like this before Myspace right? Friendster and Asian Avenue for example

edit: and why do you guys bother declining apps invites? just ignore them. the only time i accept something is friend requests

Yes I know but MySpace was better than all of those. That's why more people use it. Also, wtf is asian avenue?

MySpace is the original and Facebook is a ripoff imho.

So you've just contradicted your original statement. Asian Avenue is just yet another - yep, you've guessed it! - online social network.

cescsig.jpg

So you've just contradicted your original statement. Asian Avenue is just yet another - yep, you've guessed it! - online social network.

I meant MySpace was before Facebook.
wpsig1ht5.gif

Myspace by far. Facebook doesn't have any of the cooler features.

To all of you saying that people on Myspace aren't mature, you don't have to add anyone or talk to anybody that you don't want to.

Facebook, because on myspace if you have actually seen the person once in their life they add you as a "friend". Do myspace people know what a friend is??? Plus, more of my true friends have facebook than myspace

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Your reading comprehension fails. Azntemplar is pointing out that Myspace wasn't the original online social network. In fact, it was new and improved compared to the older ones such as Asian Avenue. Because of this, your argument that Myspace is older and therefore better fails...miserably.

dmanxb7.jpg

Your reading comprehension fails. Azntemplar is pointing out that Myspace wasn't the original online social network. In fact, it was new and improved compared to the older ones such as Asian Avenue. Because of this, your argument that Myspace is older and therefore better fails...miserably.

Sorry but you fail. I said it was original compared to Facebook. You even quoted me saying that. Read next time.

Wow, I didn't know fanboys could exist for online social networks - but, clearly, Catnip has proved me wrong. :lol:
I didn't know it was possible to stay on the comp long enough to make over 12k posts - Bubby proved me wrong. :lol:
wpsig1ht5.gif

Wow, I didn't know fanboys could exist for online social networks - but, clearly, Catnip has proved me wrong. :lol:
I didn't know it was possible to stay on the comp long enough to make over 12k posts - Bubby proved me wrong. :lol:

Yeah mate, I've sat here for 3 and a bit years straight, posting. Nice one, ignorance!

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]