Dragon Hally VS Dragon Dagger

DarkmanX99

Both of these weapons are great. But they are mostly only used for thier amazing special. So i was debating, which is better? Thier specials are basically the same.

The Hally is much stronger than the dds and hits slower. Its special in turn does do more damage.

The Dragon Dagger is faster but weaker. It is the best weapon for PKers. It also can be poisoned.

So i say:

Hally - Useful for PVM (Player VS Monster), minus the bosses that can be poisoned. I say this because if the monster isnt too threatining or strong the Hally is great because of its high damage.

Dragon Dagger - Mostly for pkers or boss monsters. If you are fighting a boss monster the poison can deal some long term damage, same as a player. I dont think it is as good as the Hally for PVE.

Post away...

PunkSig.jpg

punk_wise.png

punk_wise.png

This is kinda like comparing a gun to a chair. Two completely different uses, you can;t really say which is better that the other. They're just too different. However, I'll say hally, because it lets meleers safespot :D =D>

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Yea, DDS, 5 Special attacks, psn, and fast,

Then Hally, 2 Specs?, Slow, Yet his hard.

Still, you can hit alot more if you used DDS, SO in my opinion, I say DDS.

Th3 Crusader

Do you mean 4 specs...?

anyways, you have to take into account that despite having 4 specials, being faster, and the ability to poison, you still can't do a special from longrange like you can with hally. Also, the DDS doesn't have very good attack, and it almost never hits on Godwars bosses.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Well lets see...i use d hally against large creatures that i don't feel like using food for and in combination with ranging against creatures such as hellhounds, while I use dds against most other creatures...the only advantage I think there is of dds over D hally is that the spec ratio is 6:5 (25% vs 30%)

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I would definitely say that overall, the DDS is better as regards its special.

1: The Dragon Halberd special is worthless compared to the DDS special on small monsters. This restricts its (effective) use to a relatively small range of creatures.

2: The fact that the DDS has four specials per bar compared to the Dragon Halberd's three makes it better for general battling purposes. The max damage inflicted by both sets of attacks is roughly the same (on large monsters), but unless the target has a very high defense, splitting the hits up increases the likelyhood that more damage will be done in total.

3: All of the DDS specs can be used in the same time it takes to use just two of the Dragon Halberd specs, so you will hit the same damage in a shorter time and be able to swap to your primary weapon faster.

4: Since the time between attacks is counted to start after the hit of a weapon, using a Dragon Halberd and then changing to a primary weapon wastes an extra combat round. A DDS doesn't have this problem, since there isn't another melee weapon faster than it anyhow.

5: The DDS can be poisoned if you want, or you can use a normal Dragon Dagger instead. With a Dragon Halberd you don't have this option.

6: The DDS has several other advantages over the Dragon Halberd, such as being lighter, significantly cheaper, needing less wait time for additional specials, and not dequipping your shield when used.

Lots of people aren't getting him. He is comparing the specials. D Hally has the same spec as dds when used on large (2x2 or more) monsters. Except the Hally is stronger. Imo Hally is better but only on big monsters.

This has nothing to do with comparing the dds versatility to the d hally ability to use safespots. Get it right.

Costantino.png

The dds has four specials and can hit on everything while a d hally can only hit on monsters that take up two squares or more and has 3 specials according to the item database yet someone said it only had two, ive never had one so i dont know exactly how many it has but im still pretty sure that with that one or two extra specials the dds is better than d hally spec since its faster.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

I prefer the dds but on monsters that are big the hally can become invaluable as you can hit 40-40 if your lucky.

The dds has a more satisfying special attack :P and it looks cooler when wielded. ::'

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Unless theres like 4 players standing in a row of such fashion:

XXXX

...Y

You being Y, and 4 other players X, in multiway combat, I just don't see Dragon Halberd being of use in PVP.

For training against tough slayer monsters, use dragon hally for melee, so you can use the safe-spots. Duh?

Though, why not bring both hally, and the dds to train with? Use the special for the dds, and the normal high hits with the hally for regular attacking?

DDS on it's own isn't too good, it should always be used with another weapon like whip/d scim, or something.

You can't compare, but you can mix and match. ;)

I use both for slayer. Almost all things bigger then 1 sq i bring a hally, nice hits:D For smaller npc's i use the dragon dagger. I also use the dragon dagger for things like metals (the posion realy helps there)

~ColossuS~

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png