November 5th Assist System.

Michael

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As i said in other threat and i'm to lazy to write everything down again i will just copy it ::'

I'm against the thing that you can use assist system to get to a guild. Now there will be tons of low level players in fishing, mining or other guilde. It shouldn't be allowed to access a guilde using the assist system, bacause others worked hard to get access to the guildes and others will use it because of friends. <.< Anyone thinks same?

alot of my friends which are pures depend on their friends(and me) to charge their glories, I find it an advanage

From your message it looks like your against that lol But would you like to go to a guilde and see 50 low leveled players and you remember how hard did you work years ago when they just used there friends. And about those glories, you can't assist with quests, so there wont be tons off them in there, only some who recharge friends glories.

Yey this update looks interesting and i dont know how hunter works. but it may change runescape quite dramatically.

Glad theyh didnt change the skill cape icons other wise i may have a ranting kris breathing down my neck :P

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I'm confuzzled here on how it works.

If I "lend" someone one of my skills, do I keep the exp?

yup

and Chazimcgee they WILL change the capes! :D

hoped i helped both of ya

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

yup

Oh, so i can use my friends 85 mining?

And what do you mean they'll change they capes?

Epee-Signature-2.png

[hide=big quote]

yup

Oh, so i can use my friends 85 mining?

And what do you mean they'll change they capes?

[/hide]

a j-mod says they will beging the work on new symbols :D to the skill capes now, they "forgot" about them to some players pointed it out \:D/

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Jagex nerfed the Imps in Boxes already, I assisted wooter not long after the update came out, on Karamja, and he caught 4 Imps in Boxes. I definitely got the xp from it.

I just returned and saw people had posted it didn't work, so I went and tried again with another friend and sure enough it doesn't work.

shey.png

-.- It has 1 really bad side, now the beginners, start asking the high leveled players to assist them and start spamming:plz assist, plz!

I can imagine the noobs running all over the place: plz assist plz assist!!! :ohnoes:

lergo.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

It's not like this update will completely ruin skilling; people are acting as if that's going to happen.

1. You don't have high-leveled assisters constantly at your beck and call. It's much, much quicker getting the skill and doing it yourself than sitting there for 15 minutes going "plz assist".

2. People can just plain refuse to assist or charge for it.

33vye4i.jpg

2re6ssn.jpg

wont this make rune ore prices drop harshly if more people can mine rune :o

Don't think so, because for every lower level you need an actual level 85 miner to stand there and assist them.

You won't find too many rune miners who will stand around and assist someone mining loads and loads of rune. No worries there.

-.- It has 1 really bad side, now the beginners, start asking the high leveled players to assist them and start spamming:plz assist, plz!

I can imagine the noobs running all over the place: plz assist plz assist!!! :ohnoes:

Yup, this is true. I just had this with att. A lvl 45 wanted my 99 att. :lol:

jfroggy

It's not like this update will completely ruin skilling; people are acting as if that's going to happen.

1. You don't have high-leveled assisters constantly at your beck and call. It's much, much quicker getting the skill and doing it yourself than sitting there for 15 minutes going "plz assist".

15minutes? wow i surely cannot get a smithing lvl in 15minutes.

as if they do not do that already?

the fact is this seems extreme, i figured it be like a trading window and then the 2nd player could do w/e with the items in his inventory and the items available.

I am trying to think of examples where I could turn this on...

(1) Smithing at Varrock Anvils (someone is always wanting to make a rune warhammer for clues)

(2) Al Kharid Forge (smith my ores for me)

And some of the other methods you guys have mentioned.

But then I have to think of reasons why I would want to.

I make good money selling rune axes and warhammers... why would I assist other people and take money out of my own pocket?

Same goes for fury crafting.

I trade cut gems for uncuts all the time... "free gem cutting" hasn't been a scam in forever. That's just the shortest way to say "I will trade my cut gems for your uncut gems."

I guess the 30k xp in smithing per day might make loitering by the anvil worth it. And it would be nice to find a way to get that in runecrafting (stand by the ZMI altar maybe?). Loitering by the Camelot telespot? A possibility.

I shall have to think about this a bit... :-k

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The worst part about this update is the new breed of noobs that it spawned. Like the skill capes spawned the ?emo plz" noobs, this update spawned the "assist plz" noobs.

Although, for irritating skills like smithing, I'd gladly assist someone who asked, getting free experience from their material and labor, while I sit and browse forums.

td2sig.jpg

15minutes? wow i surely cannot get a smithing lvl in 15minutes.

as if they do not do that already?

the fact is this seems extreme, i figured it be like a trading window and then the 2nd player could do w/e with the items in his inventory and the items available.

Yeah, I see your point, I know my idea is a little flawed. :?

But the thing is, people would obviously get bored sitting there and asking, and are hopefully smart enough to take action. There's a nice little feeling of accomplishment when you can actually make the item yourself.

33vye4i.jpg

2re6ssn.jpg

Very near useless. And doesn't this cause problems for mods in crowded areas, 4 options per player if there is a large pile? (Follow, trade, report and req.)

The Smithing skill has also received the Make X feature, you will also be free to walk away from the anvil at any point if you make a mistake or change your mind.

W00t! This is what I'm excited about! Quite a while ago, I made 10K darts first and then 15K arrowheads in a row. I kept making darts at mistake because I was used to that. Icons looks quite good too IMO.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Very near useless.

The Smithing skill has also received the Make X feature, you will also be free to walk away from the anvil at any point if you make a mistake or change your mind.

W00t! This is what I'm excited about! Quite a while ago, I made 10K darts first and then 15K arrowheads in a row. I kept making darts at mistake because I was used to that. Icons looks quite good too IMO.

A smithing update finally, been a while since a major one.

Thr foul part of this update is the hidden change to the smithing window - complete with SCROLL BARS.

:wall:

It's like they don't even do usability testing...

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Thr foul part of this update is the hidden change to the smithing window - complete with SCROLL BARS.

:wall:

It's like they don't even do usability testing...

Could you post a picture please? It sucks if you need to scroll for plates and knifes.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif