Just a thought

lergo

I thought, and a question came to my mind: Why aren't there horses in Runescape, I mean kind of horses you can ride with and the would move faster than a human running, and maby you could even battle on horses... :anxious:

lergo.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

No.

He asked a question, and it's not a "yes/no" question. <.<

I'm not quite sure, but I think it has something to do with the programming of the game. Java can only go so far.

Why do people bring this up all the time? It's a bunch of rubbish, Java is one of the most versatile languages, horse riding in this game is something that wouldn't be hard to do.

It's not going to be added, it's been suggested thousands of times before and Jagex have said they won't put it in as it doesn't add anything new to the game, with all the teleporting methods you're never far from your destination, horses are NOT needed.

Paul/Andrew Gower already adressed this issue back in 2002-2003, the reason is quite simple: The screen lag would be massive with up to 100 people on your screen all moving at different speeds.

Especially when done in Java programming language. The runescape client is 100% dependant on your CPU power and does not utilize a graphics card at all.

This might work in a game like WoW, but remember that's a game that comes with 5 CD's and totals over 4gb in file size, is coded in C++ and utilizes GPU (graphics processing units) and CPU (central processing unit).

RuneScape is a java applet you can access from a web browser.

Just as BlueLancer said, this would be an idea taken from World of Warcraft, where you could train how to ride a horse then buy one.It depends on your level and also you must have 100 gp WOW money, that would make about 1 M Runescape(if not more).There are enough ways to reach the different the corners of the world.

Just as BlueLancer said, this would be an idea taken from World of Warcraft, where you could train how to ride a horse then buy one.It depends on your level and also you must have 100 gp WOW money, that would make about 1 M Runescape(if not more).There are enough ways to reach the different the corners of the world.

Hmm, so if any of us bring ourselves over to WOW we'll be broke... :D By the way you could just say that horses are a certain price, not judge it on WOW. :D

The_Dons_Lad.png

Especially when done in Java programming language. The runescape client is 100% dependant on your CPU power

Firstly the fact that it's written in Java has nothing to do with it using only the CPU. It's just JAGeX opted to write their own software renderer as opposed to using hardware supported APIs.

Second to whoever said that it's taking an idea from WoW do you really think that WoW is THE only MMORPG to have implemented mounts like horses?

Thirdly horses are a stupid idea, as someone has already said, there are already plenty of ways to get around.

Can I just say and suggest you actually think properly next time you decide to actually think?

Everyone's asked this before, it's been answered countless times. There will be no horses, so there's no need for a discussion.

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

Second to whoever said that it's taking an idea from WoW do you really think that WoW is THE only MMORPG to have implemented mounts like horses?

---

i don't understand why everything Jagex does is 'taken from WoW' i bet WoW copied tonnes of things -.-

and atm i can't see horses being in the game unless it's either a minigame (chariot racing or jousting [something along them lines]) or npc's using them.

Zaroterasu.png

Horses would be a cool update imo. IT would be fun to see everyone riding around on horses.

The only reason jagex havent released then is that it is not needed and a large amount of coading would be needed. Would have so many bugs but the idea is simple but good.

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Next time you have a thought, let it go.

Beyond Ron White's advice, if everyone had a horse then the servers would lag so bad that noone would be able to enjoy their gameplay. Besides, certain areas are inappropriate for horses like dungeons and the desert.

I know some of you say it's stupid, but you all would like to see horses, wouldn't you? :D

To be honest no i won't. I would prefer a white Alsatian (German Shephard Dog) over a horse anyday ::'

I said white Alsatian because my old dog called Skye was one (just thought i'd say that to avoid racial noobs :XD: )

Zaroterasu.png