The Word "Noob", Not What We Though It was? (Close please)

The_Gabe

Well, today at school, I went to see the book fair we had at the library with my reading class. I find a runescape handbook there. The handbook was over half a year out of date :XD:, but I look in the back and what do I find? A definition for some terms that are used in the game.

I look.. Oh I find the word noob, and it says, "Noob= new player" I thought that a noob was an additude and not a level? and Newb or newbie was the new player?

I also find the word Choob. Jagex says that Choob= high level player acting as a noob, new player. So is Tip.it off by saying what a "noob"is? Or is Jagex misleading the other players?

I cannot give any evidence, because I did not want to buy the handbook, as it was over half a year out of date, (not THAT bad) and didn't need it.

No flaming/spamming please

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

And why the hell does your library own material on Runescape?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

And why the hell does your library own material on Runescape?

It was a book fair, was in coming to buy some books and stuff that the library ordered to sell?

I really don't know IMO :XD:

Please No.Not another Noob topic..No pun intended

Don't post if your just going to spam my thread. <.<

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

lol, my brother (who was in 2nd grade at the time) saw the book in his book order, with a reading age of 10-12. silly jagex, i should report you for encouraging people to break the 13+ plus rule :XD:

anyways:

newb=new player

noob=annoying player

choob=stupid way of calling someone a noob.

soldersig.jpg

newb=new player

noob=annoying player

choob=stupid way of calling someone a noob.

I know this, but in the handbook, it said that a noob for a new player and a choob was a high lvl acting like a new player, noob

It's kind of wierd so I was wondering what everyone else thinks of this.

sig2-3.jpg

Noob is an annoying word, but if it bothers you this much DON'T PLAY! Y'know why? Everywhere you go, there is someone who is calling someone else a noob.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Noob is an annoying word, but if it bothers you this much DON'T PLAY! Y'know why? Everywhere you go, there is someone who is calling someone else a noob.

Tbh, it really doesn't annoy me. I was just wondering...

sig2-3.jpg

The fact is, it's the internet - internet lingo is going to be constantly changed by those who use it (a large portion of which seem to be moronic pre-pubescant morons), and any linguistic conventions (if they even exist on the internet) are going to be ignored

The fact is, it's the internet - internet lingo is going to be constantly changed by those who use it (a large portion of which seem to be moronic pre-pubescant morons), and any linguistic conventions (if they even exist on the internet) are going to be ignored

I agree with that, but, how did we get newbie and newb in the first place if noob was accually meaning new player in Jagex book? Was it just transfered from another game? (The word)

sig2-3.jpg

The handbook is fake, I highly doubt Jagex will undergo a mass-production of guides and sell it.

Noob, as it's orginal meaning, means new player and I shall stand next to that definition as long as I live.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I guess people say it because there isnt another insult that you can use without being reported by it.

+1

---

A runescape handbook? that lame one on the introduction to f2p version of runescape? Yea i know, free poster ftw?

what were we talking about?

oh yea, newb -> new player like everyone else said,

IMO noob can mean new player or 'i hate you' sorta statement said to anyone since its used so much,

choob? wth is a choob? how lame does that sound lol

what about froob?

---

IMO best statement:

Noob sauce! Example:

"Omg, you need an axe to cut a tree, noob sauce"

Yea im so noob sauce.. :XD:

I guess people say it because there isnt another insult that you can use without being reported by it.

+1

---

A runescape handbook? that lame one on the introduction to f2p version of runescape? Yea i know, free poster ftw?

IMO noob can mean new player or 'i hate you' sorta statement said to anyone since its used so much,

what about froob?

---

IMO best statement:

Noob sauce! Example:

From what I've heard, noob is a player who acts immature, choob is a combat noob, and froob is a free noob (basically f2p), and if you want to go there, moob is member noob...

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

+1

---

what about froob?

---

IMO best statement:

Noob sauce! Example:

From what I've heard, noob is a player who acts immature, choob is a combat noob, and froob is a free noob (basically f2p), and if you want to go there, moob is member noob...

ahaaha moob, nice, never heard of that one :XD:

+ÃÆâÃâ¹Ã¢â¬Â Ãâ¦Ã¾

noob is the shortened form of newbie. since people didn't want to keep saying newbie...they shortened it to newb, but that doesn't look right and if you say it instead of right it, it sounds like noob.

Hence, NOOB, meaning newbie, meaning new player.

They are not two different words. There is no great mystery.

Of course, you can choose it to mean whatever you want it to mean, but that doesn't change the actual meaning.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

For whoever said this, the handbook is not fake. I've seen it, JAGeX does make one. It's lame, but it's there.

And I think that JAGeX said a noob was a low-level or new player because it would look bad if they said "Noob: A flipping idiot."

I dunno about the choob part, maybe it's just another example of the above?

-Dutt

Errr, *needs a sig*

For whoever said this, the handbook is not fake. I've seen it, JAGeX does make one. It's lame, but it's there.

And I think that JAGeX said a noob was a low-level or new player because it would look bad if they said "Noob: A flipping idiot."

-Dutt

That made me giggle, and it looks like you are pretty much right. Although, why would they say that choob is a bad thing there if they haven't described a noob correctly in their definition of a choob?

sig2-3.jpg

Noob, as it's orginal meaning, means new player and I shall stand next to that definition as long as I live.

Amen ::' ., From what I've seen even today, it's the proper colloquial definition of the word. There is no "noob/newb" dichotomy, simply another word, "newb", used to take place of the word taken over by morons for a lesser degree of cursing- "noob".

Noob means new player, or someone new to something in general. To date the word has not been replaced with any kind of technical new definition, and thus I see no grounds for saying that the proper definition has been replaced. Good day.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

-Dutt

^hehe

PS: If this is going to be the 1 trillonth thread about noobs can you at least fix the title please?

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg