Right Click Players - Total Level, Not Combat Level?

RayOxide

Should you be able to see your opponents total combat or/and their combat?

With the amount of skillers Jagex have in RS now, and idiots call them noobs for being level 3, then I think this should be better.

(Excludes the Wilderness)

Agree/Disagree?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. This game was designed to be combat based. If you don't like being tormented, raise your combat.

that is, most definately, one of THE most naive (spelling?) posts ive seen in along time

if you hadnt noticed, most of the skills in the game are skills that arent combat related..

combat skills =

att

str

def

hp

pray

range

mage

= 7 skills

23 skills total. alot more skill than combats

so yeah, showing total is a good idea. maybe show both?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

that is, most definately, one of THE most naive (spelling?) posts ive seen in along time

I have to take exception to this. The whole idea of being able to see your opponent's combat level originated when you could PK anywhere. So, the game WAS originally meant to be combat based. Simply because it's become MORE skill oriented, doesn't mean it's completely skill oriented.

On-topic, I think this is a good idea. However, what would happen to the colours? Would they be two different ones if they had a huge combat level but a low total compared to you?

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

How about combining the best of both worlds and display BOTH the total level and the combat level?

But I should restrain myself from saying anything more, lest someone lambast me for suggesting something that would slow the game down.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

i think this idea is great to be honest, there are so many great skillers out there who get laughed at when they say what skills they have

would be helpful :thumbsup:

outkast+r0se.png

me > samurai lux ;-) :ohnoes:

\:D/

10/10, and yes I would agree with that statement he is way to pompous.

No. This game was designed to be combat based. If you don't like being tormented, raise your combat.

if you hadnt noticed, most of the skills in the game are skills that arent combat related..

combat skills =

att

str

def

hp

pray

range

mage

= 7 skills

Those are the ones that affect combat directly. You forget about food, which needs the fishing and/or cooking skill. Also, potions can help you so put the Herblore skill in. If you need armour then you'll need smithing and mining to get the ores...you get my drift.

I believe the game is mostly/oringally combat based and should stay that way. Besides, if we put this then the new 'noobs' will be the guys with a low skill level. Then we'll want to show our combat levels and the process repeats itself.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

If we did this, we'd be favoring the skiller-types over the people who enjoy combat much more than skills - me, for instance. My total is crap, but I've got a decent combat - that's what I really enjoy about this game. Skills bore me. I'd probably get called a "noob" even more. :P

Not that I care, but still. When people PM you to snipe stupid insults at you (yes, that happens to me, not sure why) then it does get a bit annoying.

And please don't say "turn your private chat to friends" because I have new people messaging me a lot about buying, selling, and the clan I somewhat-help-run. I don't want to alienate those people because some morons like to be cowardly towards me. :wink:

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

If we did this, we'd be favoring the skiller-types over the people who enjoy combat much more than skills - me, for instance. My total is crap, but I've got a decent combat - that's what I really enjoy about this game. Skills bore me. I'd probably get called a "noob" even more. :P

Not that I care, but still. When people PM you to snipe stupid insults at you (yes, that happens to me, not sure why) then it does get a bit annoying.

And please don't say "turn your private chat to friends" because I have new people messaging me a lot about buying, selling, and the clan I somewhat-help-run. I don't want to alienate those people because some morons like to be cowardly towards me. :wink:

Man, you hate skilling? I love it! 8-)

Some people love skilling, some love fighting. How about giving everyone a chance to show off their skills (combat and non-combat) and display both the combat level and the total level (like what I said earlier)?

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

I think there should be an option for both. Perhaps a toggle?

OR, If you have higher combat, it shows that. And with total level vice versa.

I support but first suggestion, but...

NO for the second one. Even those who don't train skills and keep fighting (pures, for example) will soon have their total level catch up with their combat level. It's a bit unrealistic.

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

Some people love skilling, some love fighting. How about giving everyone a chance to show off their skills (combat and non-combat) and display both the combat level and the total level (like what I said earlier)?

How about giving players the option whether they want to show their combat level, total level, or both? Of course, it would tell you what you're seeing, and that way everyone can show what they want you to see.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

How about giving players the option whether they want to show their combat level, total level, or both? Of course, it would tell you what you're seeing, and that way everyone can show what they want you to see.

Bloodredsword mentioned this idea earlier. A toggle to allow people to show their combat level, total level, or both.

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

And then we'll get some level 3 skillers going around saying:

"H4h4 j00 no-024b /i`12 pwnz0r32 l33t n00ber, i g0tz m0re292 comba03t lev3l den y0u0." And some idiots going around: "h4h4 y0u g0t 700 total level at level 70, n00bcak3s."

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

well you're forgetting that all around people like to do everything. so when they do combat they're putting a lot of time into it and when a skiller comes along with 1 attk str mage prayer ranged and 10 hp people think that they're concentrating on a few skills meanwhile one of the hardest skills out there they aren't training. it makes almost no sense when people say:

i just trained my cooking and my fishing to 99.

then another person says well that's nice but i have all of my skills 60+ if i concentrated on those I'd be 99 too.. so they're just basing what they see based on the number of their combat level..... so they can't catch a shark but can kill a kq? as far as i'm concerned the kq is much harder to tackle than a shark/rune ore/magic tree/or burning those magic logs.....

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

combat skills =

att

str

def

hp

pray

range

mage

= 7 skills

that is true but almost every skill is built to support combat,except for firemaking but thats barley a skill.

I think it is fine because you will still have the same problem in the long run when people go to look up peoples statistics and find they don't rate in combat on high school. They would get picked on more.

Why not just give the examine button a use on players. It could show:

Mr X has a total level of 2001 and is currently 59% Combat based.

Or something similar perhaps. That way the option is there if people need it and we still keep the combat the way it is.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Or it could show total level, combat level, X% skill base and possibly something like a combat base as well for those who are "pures" : i.e. mage/range/melee exclusive.

It'd be something like

Walk here [person] total X combat Y
and when you right-click them it gives skill and combat base.

I know something about nothing, which is far better than knowing nothing about something.

There are certain problems with that. If someone is attacking something, you won't know what level they are, so if they are in trouble, you can't help them as you are not knowing whether they are in trouble or not.

j0xPu5R.png