Right Click Players - Total Level, Not Combat Level?

RayOxide

It's a bit naive to assume that seeing a player's total level would earn him more respect and less "noob" comments. A level 3 with a great total will then get "you noob, why don't you train your combat". A level 126 with low total will get "you noob, why don't you skill more". In the end, whichever way you look at it, we're all noobs. Such is the community.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

add an exgamin option for players...if you exgamined some one, it could say "combat 75, total level 1241" or liek thered said, exgamin someone and it would say "shivers21, master firemaker" or, "Bob the builder, expert craftsmen"

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

You guys noticed this could help with macroers? :-k Never thought of that straight away.

But just because some people may have a high combat, low skills, they have a "I'd kill you anyway, dont be a sook" sort of defense, but what can a skiller do?

A toggle option would be nice. But then there'd be no combat

ANd I did say it excludes the wild -.-

I dont need a siggy no moar.

It's a bit naive to assume that seeing a player's total level would earn him more respect and less "noob" comments. A level 3 with a great total will then get "you noob, why don't you train your combat". A level 126 with low total will get "you noob, why don't you skill more". In the end, whichever way you look at it, we're all noobs. Such is the community.

Well said.

These morons still will say that their combat is better.

And if your combat is higher they will say that your total lvl sucks.

Well said.

These morons still will say that their combat is better.

And if your combat is higher they will say that your total lvl sucks.

And then, we you finally get 126/2277....people say "n00b. u r 4 n3rd. y u have such high levels nerd."

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

How about combining the best of both worlds and display BOTH the total level and the combat level?

+1

I don't see how having a total level would change the reason why you would click to attack someone. If you going to click on them to attack then I think it would be better to know their combat related levels rather then their mining level.

randomkcopyq.png

I don't see how having a total level would change the reason why you would click to attack someone. If you going to click on them to attack then I think it would be better to know their combat related levels rather then their mining level.

hmm.... i did say in the original post "Excluding Wild Duel Arena etc" Something like that.

You should read before you post :D

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I think it would be good like this:

Walk here: Roberthree 88 cb 1363 total

Follow: Roberthree 88 cb 1363 total

Trade with: Roberthree 88 cb 1363 total

Req Assist: Roberthree 88 cb 1363 total

Examine: Roberthree 88 cb 1363 total

Examine would list the players stats in the chat box. And possibly a message you can enter in your options.

I think part of the thrill for skillers is to be called a noob and then out of nowhere whip out their levels.

But that's just me.

I don't want to sound like a loser, but a little part of me smiles when mister 107 combat, 980 total asks for everyone's woodcutting levels, revels in his glorious 77 woodcut until I tell him about my 94, and then disappears.

=x

Trahybyen.gif

Trahybyen.png

*sigh*

There is a link in my goals picture. <--An Unnecessary Update

:O

yes i think that jagex should release an update like this.

-show total level in banks, farming spots, popular fish/wc, and in skil related minigames (trouble brewing, agility arenas except wildy one ofcourse, and gnome cooking

-show combat level in combat related minigames (cw, pc, pits) and wildy

-add a button to let players choose what is displayed in all areas where there is no player v. player fighing

billybobj282.gif

yes i think that jagex should release an update like this.

-show total level in banks, farming spots, popular fish/wc, and in skil related minigames (trouble brewing, agility arenas except wildy one ofcourse, and gnome cooking

-show combat level in combat related minigames (cw, pc, pits) and wildy

-add a button to let players choose what is displayed in all areas where there is no player v. player fighing

Sounds to me you want to show off your skilling stats.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

If you don't like them insulting you, turn your chat to 'friends'

I could care less what the average joe has to say to/about me, or for that matter; I could care less what someone [such as Zezima] has to say to me.

You could be any level and still be insulted. It happens many times.

I.E. Zezima is called 'noob' by level 20s.

Also, part of the reason that you are being 'desciminated' against is because you are F2P.. This isn't directed to all of you legit F2Pers; But for the most part, F2P is full of immature 10 year olds.

I'd like to see this implemented in the game.

As for a toggle, NO. that eliminates the point of people seeing your total so they don't call you a noob. It should be mandatory.

Noob: Ha, you level 10 I can own you

Lev 10: Pfft, my total is 1000 more than you. You're only 50 combat levels more.

(Noob has his Total Level Display toggled Off)

Noob: What total? You're just a noob.

And anyways, why does there need to be a toggle for everything? This isn't CustomScape, people...

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Whell, at Puzzle Pirates, there' s a mute button, where you just mute people you don' t want to listen to, I think we need that button. But I really think we don' t need this button, I mean I couldn' t give a flying (you know what word) about their total levels.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

No. This game was designed to be combat based. If you don't like being tormented, raise your combat.

I completely disagree with that, RuneScape, unlike most other MMORPGS, is not solely combat-based, skilling is as, if not more, important.

Yes, I do agree with the thread's creator, although I still want to see players' combat levels, I would vouch for seeing something like:

Krokomaster (level - 101)(1529)

grammar2gr8dx.png

Noob.

Lets get some things straight, RC pking is BAD, therefore you deserve to get FLAMED. Bad kills, they are defenseless people. It's like attacking a woodcutter for a yew log...