20 November 2007 - Duel Arena Tournaments and Changes

Aneron

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pissed off about the time out thing on the tournament. It seems to go on your remaining health. I was fighting some guy and must have damaged him like 3 times as much as he hit me, as he was eating all the time. Then this stupid time out thing comes and because I wasnt safing i lose. Jagex tards, ffs.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

I don't think they were happy with people making so much money from a single aspect of their game, especially so quickly (some people). And the fact that 80% of stakers probably transfer stuff as well. :roll:

I agree with this.

let me start off with , I do not post here much at all but I wanted to see the reaction to this update.

It looks like to be on par to most topics. People who are effected are ranting and the people who are not effected are pretty much blowing it off and telling the stakers to get over it.

I see this in the eyes of the stakers. They have worked VERY hard to create specific charectors for staking and now they see their value deminished. There are a handful of people who stake Rares and such and they will not be effected until the next update.

What does this mean? People will adapt like they did to Ancient Mages when DT came out, when the MSB special was changed, the GMaul special was changed, when skill capes came out and prices went crazy, and the list goes on.

When changes come you need to find out how to adabt and move on to tomorrow and STOP looking back at the past.

Thank you and if you are open minded please look at a great community

Join SoDB community for fun DK and KBD trips

OK I'm not a staker myself but i can see the need to stop duals being used as a way to transfer RWIT gold and items. that said there had to be a better way than 3k max why not have you max bet based on rank so some throw away lvl 3 RWIT account can only max at 3k or so but if your high ranking you can stake much more this would solve the problem of both sides in my opinion.

I miss you Justice my angel on earth and now in heaven " quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur " for whom the gods love die young. April 6th 2005 - February 17th 2009

There is now a cap to the amount a player can win in the space of 15 minutes in a staked duel, which is set to 3,000 coins. This limit will make it harder for real-world traders to unfairly use the Duel Arena as a covert way of transferring items. Of course, if you want to take part in some high-stakes duelling you now have the duel tournaments instead!

Holy hell. Even I, not being a stacker, would ahve to say this is hoorible. I highly doubt, and hope, it will last....... :shock:

perepare for the rant of a mad man...sort of

so i go duel arena thinking hey this is good ill be able to stake my usual 50k and /or enter it into a tournament

WRONG

max stake is now 3k!!!!!!!a measly fri****g 3k!!!!!!!!

and also i think okay ill enter in a tournemnet

of course being me and my stats the only one i can go in is all combat styles!!!

im rank 1706 and u have to be under 1700 to go into melee stakes!!!

i swear if you lose your head easily dont go to new duel arena...

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Found this on another forum. Max stake of 3k ftl... and

http://stakers.justgotowned.com/

LMFAO ROFL!

OT: Can't they just make it so you can only stake the same as your opponent, then rwl wouldn't happen. <.<

PS: I cannot stress how hilarious that vid was.

You can do that vid for anything just by putting in a different first word, so you could have http://y.u.so.nub.justgotowned.com/ or http://your.mom.justgotowned.com/

I'm not sure how I feel about this update. For one, a lot of people are pissed, but its a mini game of sorts and they can change it whenever they please. I feel it was an unfair way to aquire wealth so quickly. It seems they want people to go into the wild to stake money now. Bring your best items into the wild to try and get riches now. Maybe they are trying to go back to the way the wild used to be, where the brave people wearing there best armor would fight to the death.

sig3gk6.png

Maybe they are trying to go back to the way the wild used to be, where the brave people wearing there best armor would fight to the death.

Yeah I am pretty sure that never happened

The wild was made up of people wearing no Armor, Addy, and Mith using their Dlongs and Lobs and then teleing when they were at 20hp.

Maybe they are trying to go back to the way the wild used to be, where the brave people wearing there best armor would fight to the death.

Yeah I am pretty sure that never happened

The wild was made up of people wearing no Armor, Addy, and Mith using their Dlongs and Lobs and then teleing when they were at 20hp.

Im talking about back when the R2H was the best KO weapon.

sig3gk6.png

After building up reputation with rather good updates, we are back to old Jagex - screwing up what some people pay money for in the game.

=D>

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

Its blatantly a balance issue, Jagex never wanted people to be able to win or lose 500mil in 1 minute due to luck. Jagex seem to be hitting out at everything they don't like in THEIR game, this seems to include stakers.

Jagex obviously wanted the duel arena to be a fun way to duel friends, people being people turned it into a gladiatorial money making extravaganza.

Also the 'top' duelers kind of brought this on themselves by CONSTANTLY real world trading, drop trading and bug abusing. BOO HOO. What a shame.

Now your complaint is: I only duel for money, now I can't make (ridiculous) amounts of money by hedging my bets in the next duel. RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHT.

Anyway you have the lovely 'top' duelers to blame for the aforementioned CONSTANT CHEATING, which was ruining the game and the arena.

Edit: I feel Jagex should and probably will adjust the amount able to be staked to around 100k per 15mins, this is still low enough to prevent the hundreds of millions of geeepeees being laundered/scammed by the cretins who are pulling the rug from under the game.

After building up reputation with rather good updates, we are back to old Jagex - screwing up what some people pay money for in the game.

=D>

Seems about accurate.

My question is....

Was your Siggy of "0 people are currently playing runescape" taken after todays update or at some other time? :lol: :lol:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

I like the new Tournament thing, it's very nice :)

But... The 3k limit thing really ruined a big part of the community :( A lot of you might say "omg they're stupid pures, who cares". Well, some of them are, but to be honest, the 'stupid pures' are mostly in the Wilderness. There are more honest players among the stakers. And besides, they're real people. People should stop thinking about themselves in their own little gaming world all the time and grow up.

I hope that my friend who is a dedicated staker doesn't quit after this :(

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Anyway you have the lovely 'top' duelers to blame for the aforementioned CONSTANT CHEATING, which was ruining the game and the arena.

No. Are you referring this to every high-level staker? Even if you're not, I don't think Jagex has made a smart move to get rid of what people find fun in the whole game. Some people enjoy staking more then they enjoy killing monsters or runecrafting.

@ Drum: Nah bro, that's after yesterdays crash, and I'm referring to everyone to stop playing. But you should stop only after 99 Slayer. <3:

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

No. Are you referring this to every high-level staker? Even if you're not, I don't think Jagex has made a smart move to get rid of what people find fun in the whole game. Some people enjoy staking more then they enjoy killing monsters or runecrafting.

@ Drum: Nah bro, that's after yesterdays crash, and I'm referring to everyone to stop playing. But you should stop only after 99 Slayer. <3:

Do they enjoy staking as in

1)they want money?

2)they like fighting people?

If its the first then I repeat: BOOHOO

If its the second then they can keep doing it.

People aren't angry that the challenge or whatevers gone, they are angry because their money maker has gone, this deserves very limited sympathy.

People aren't angry that the challenge or whatevers gone, they are angry because their money maker has gone, this deserves very limited sympathy.

I'm unhappy because I don't like being deceived.

Jagex is not being honest about their real motivations or goals for this update. And that's not treating customers with respect.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

1)they want money?

dude

i think you dont even understand the duel arena...

Many players worked for days/weeks/months to make a good dueler, because they can make money with it... And now all their work was for nothing.

Also you say all good stakers are real world traders, scammers and such, which is like saying my cat is the emperor of China...

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

Jagex is not being honest about their real motivations or goals for this update. And that's not treating customers with respect.

Your a sensible chap with a large brain so I don't understand this. You know the reaction your average scaper has to change. ANGER, they don't like change and they don't like pesky adults pointing out to them that a part of the game is broken and needs fixing, especially if they (the young ones) are making money from said aspect.

Jagex is nowhere near deceiving you, they changed how a part of the game worked, they don't always (read:rarely) tell us the reason for changes (generally only small changes are explained). They have NO OBLIGATION to tell you why they are doing things or not. I'm sure because of all the fuss being made they will make changes and will possibly tell us 'yes we changed it because (between some of and most of)the top duelers were huge scamming cheats who were breaking nearly every rule and as the major rule they were breaking was real world trade it was VERY hard to track and punish them'.

Anyway your assuming that Jagex went more than skin deep on this, maybe just maybe (unlikely) Jagex made a ham fisted change without considering it. I'm just assuming this has something to do with stopping the cheats.

Your a sensible chap with a large brain so I don't understand this. You know the reaction your average scaper has to change. ANGER, they don't like change and they don't like pesky adults pointing out to them that a part of the game is broken and needs fixing, especially if they (the young ones) are making money from said aspect.

Jagex is nowhere near deceiving you, they changed how a part of the game worked, they don't always (read:rarely) tell us the reason for changes (generally only small changes are explained). They have NO OBLIGATION to tell you why they are doing things or not. I'm sure because of all the fuss being made they will make changes and will possibly tell us 'yes we changed it because (between some of and most of)the top duelers were huge scamming cheats who were breaking nearly every rule and as the major rule they were breaking was real world trade it was VERY hard to track and punish them'.

Anyway your assuming that Jagex went more than skin deep on this, maybe just maybe (unlikely) Jagex made a ham fisted change without considering it. I'm just assuming this has something to do with stopping the cheats.

And again, dude, you really should think before posting something like that...

I'm not a top Dueller, but I'm sure that most top Duelers weren't scammer and real life traders...

why? because i'm sure they won't throw away an account they worked on for months to be a good dueller...

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

When they make a big change people are going to complain anyway. But lying about the motivation for the change doesn't help matters. They are far better off saying "we don't want to duel arena to be used as a big money-maker because it's not what we meant it to be for" than to make up bogus nonsense about how they are imposing a 12k/hr cap to stop RL trading.

It's an assault on the intelligence of any player with the ability to think.

Jagex is nowhere near deceiving you, they changed how a part of the game worked, they don't always (read:rarely) tell us the reason for changes (generally only small changes are explained). They have NO OBLIGATION to tell you why they are doing things or not.

True. And if they don't want to say why they did it, that's their prerogative.

Here, though, they provided an explanation that is not honest. And I object to that.

Limiting staking to something like 500k to 1m an hour would have stopped the cheats. Dropping it down to a figure that they KNOW is a trivial amount of gold was done for one reason and one reason only -- to take staking (i.e. non-fun dueling) out of the game.

I am not a big staker -- far from it! But even I, on occasion, would stake 5k or 10k. Do they really expect anyone who's been in the game for more than a week to sit around figuring out if they can now stake 800 gold or if they can go all the way to 1,300?

It's ridiculous. They cannot possibly be so stupid as to not realize the consequences of this move. It was deliberate.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

1)they want money?

dude

i think you dont even understand the duel arena...

Many players worked for days/weeks/months to make a good dueler, because they can make money with it... And now all their work was for nothing.

Also you say all good stakers are real world traders, scammers and such, which is like saying my cat is the emperor of China...

No you don't understand my brain is all, I KNOW people specifically make ''stakers' with stats that make them better at dueling. The problem with staking is 50% stakers are people trying to grab money who don't really understand the combat system and 50% are stakers who do understand the system and who can almost guarantee winning (overall) by just doubling up every time they lose, due to the random-[wagon] combat system there is no such thing as a guaranteed win and thusly the only people who really prosper are those who have huge sums to begin with and gamble/pick and choose their fights. I have no real problem with any of this, i consider it as cheap if not cheaper than PC products but I'm not the type to hold a grudge randomly, the problem for me is that too many people use the duel arena to amass huge sums of wealth and then sell the accounts on EBAY or w/e, these people are tearing the game down and making the arena a joke, Jagex is fixing an issue with balance/cheating (considering there is NO OTHER WAY IN THE GAME OF MAKING AS MUCH MONEY CONSISTENTLY I'd say its unbalanced).

When they make a big change people are going to complain anyway. But lying about the motivation for the change doesn't help matters. They are far better off saying "we don't want to duel arena to be used as a big money-maker because it's not what we meant it to be for" than to make up bogus nonsense about how they are imposing a 12k/hr cap to stop RL trading.

It's an assault on the intelligence of any player with the ability to think.

Jagex is nowhere near deceiving you, they changed how a part of the game worked, they don't always (read:rarely) tell us the reason for changes (generally only small changes are explained). They have NO OBLIGATION to tell you why they are doing things or not.

True. And if they don't want to say why they did it, that's their prerogative.

Here, though, they provided an explanation that is not honest. And I object to that.

Limiting staking to something like 500k to 1m an hour would have stopped the cheats. Dropping it down to a figure that they KNOW is a trivial amount of gold was done for one reason and one reason only -- to take staking (i.e. non-fun dueling) out of the game.

I am not a big staker -- far from it! But even I, on occasion, would stake 5k or 10k. Do they really expect anyone who's been in the game for more than a week to sit around figuring out if they can now stake 800 gold or if they can go all the way to 1,300?

It's ridiculous. They cannot possibly be so stupid as to not realize the consequences of this move. It was deliberate.

2pac once said : its me against the world, and i feel like that here, it seems I'm the only one not outraged by this. I think it was a combination of things 1) Jagex didn't want people to be able to make the money they can in the duel arena.

2)Jagex is aware that a lot of the big time duelers were selling their accounts for $100's and this doesn't sit well with Jagex for obvious reasons.

3)Jagex does not like the 'noob culture which is dominant in duel arenas.

4)They wanted a new multi-person duel arrangement where winning was harder and thus less money can be gained/laundered through the arena by ONE PERSON.

You can add several more items to that list, but to say Jagex did this purely to stop people making huge amounts is a disservice to them, sure it was a motivating factor maybe the MAIN motivating factor but it wasn't the only consideration. As i edited in in a post about 30mins ago I think they should and WILL raise the limit to 100k per 15 and everything will calm down a BIT.