20 November 2007 - Duel Arena Tournaments and Changes

Aneron

Now a break from the constant ranting..something else to complain about.

TZHAAR ARE THE NEXT TO BE UPDATED???

I can already see it. Jagex updates Jad/Tzhaar place and makes fight caves harder. Then all the people who voted for him will then start complaining that it's harder to get a fire cape.

:wall:

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only fair way i can see this beeing fixed is if...

Jagex said they would be able to use player prices in the duel arena when G.E is released soo...

Maybe they are going to have an equal staked match kinda thing.

The GE scans your items price when you enter it and there would be a minnimum of maybe 50k difference at the most.

example:

Player a adds items worth 1500k gp.

Player b must add items/cash worth 1400-1600k to be able to accept the stake.

That would not stopp the RWT completelly but slow it down since both have to stake an equal amount.

Opinions about this?

Edit: didnt se berbatovsky posted something similar. :P

Now a break from the constant ranting..something else to complain about.

TZHAAR ARE THE NEXT TO BE UPDATED???

I can already see it. Jagex updates Jad/Tzhaar place and makes fight caves harder. Then all the people who voted for him will then start complaining that it's harder to get a fire cape.

:wall:

GRAPHICAL update.

I think what they've done is funny as hell... but I just don't see how it will work out, staking was a big part of this game.

Almost worth it to see some kid who hasn't read the update yet and tries to stake like 5k... then thinks you're making fun of him when you tell him he's staking too much.

Tournaments are fun, but now that I'm over 1850 rank I can't join registrar 2, and 3 is never open... Brilliant.

ARRRR. That [cabbage]ty tournament is nearly impossible to win...

i've been there for [bleep]ing 5 hours and got six second places... And everytime got owned by some [cabbage]ty veracker or barrager...

Damn i hate that place. Never going back again.

[hide]

[hide]

1)I don't think Jagex have ever claimed that they are 'good at tracking and detecting illegal transfers'

Yes. They have.

2)Aside from that how many stakes a day are there? 10k?100k? I figure its something like that, how can they track this much information AND analyze it in a reasonable amount of time(assuming they don't have a working A.I)?

There are far more trades each day and they claim to be able to track those. Maybe they are lying?

3)RWT through the duel arena CAN be stopped/limited by imposing limits on the amount being staked.

Yet nobody at Jagex could figure out that a reasonable limit would suffice, without going to the ridiculous extreme of 12k per hour?

4)(although once the bugs are out duel tournaments all arguments about the 3k thing are pointless because you CAN STILL STAKE LARGE AMOUNTS OF GEEEPEEEEEES).

Not as they are currently implemented. Have you tried them? They might be fun when the bugs are out but they're completely different from regular staking.

[/hide]

1)Where/when?

Tons of places and constantly. Here is just one example.

2)They CAN track all information, they own the servers(rent?) afterall, theres a big difference between that and analyzing and detecting trends and patterns in said information.

It's not difficult to do.

Killing staking to get rid of RWT makes as much sense as killing trading to get rid of RWT.

3)I agree thats odd but my theory is that they wanted to make everyone play the new 'mini-game' and thus created such a massive contrast-you want money then tournament is the only option-you want fun then you can still duel 1-1 with a (very)small stake.

If true (they deny it) then that goes back to my prior complaint about them not being honest about their goals here.

4)As i said 'once the bugs are out'. Thanks for repeating my point though :).

You didn't get *my* point. The tournaments are completely different from staking even without the bug issue. They can fix the bugs, and the tournament will have merit as an additional feature but it is far too different from staking to appeal to those who enjoy that.

[/hide]

Fair enough on point 1, they did indeed. I didn't get your last point no, yes its different but really what your saying is people won't be able to make masses of money anymore, the tournaments are more fun by any kind of classification of fun(good riddance to bad bugs soon).

You seem stuck on the whole 'didn't give us the whole truth', given what I've said before I have nothing more to add, but suffice to say I disagree with you.

I thought Jagex could detect drop traders and multi-loggers.. :-s

Uniquely, stakers can RWT by purposefully losing stakes to players they pre-arranged to lose to in exchange for real money.

Staker A promises to 'give' Player C 10mil GP in 'exchange' for $20, they both go to the duel arena and Staker A stakes 10mil GP and Player C 9if they have a brain) stake a similar ammount, Staker A turns off auto-retaliate and loses, the exchange is complete. Jagex CANNOT track this.

Of course they can.

All they have to do is record the outcomes of duels over X amount, and have a report be generated when the same thing happens too many times from one player in a suspicious manner.

While Jagex has the capability, they only have 300 staff members who play the game around the world. Many of these are already busy with bug testing, play testing new updates, writing new updates, game engine coding, ban appeals, etc.

They simply don't have the numbers to have people sift through all this information.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Tournaments are fun, but now that I'm over 1850 rank I can't join registrar 2, and 3 is never open... Brilliant.

You and me both mate -.- i tried for over 2 hours to get a tourney started, we even got everyone there to get all their friends to the same world, and started a thread on RSOF to try and boost numbers to get a game going, but they all cancelled with 5-10 minutes left. Maybe it will be better when more people up rank, but i'm done with RS for today. Been quite a frustrating day.

I think it's quite decent to be honest.

Says mr rank 5. :P congrats mate :thumbsup: your 1 point behind my mate steve as i post this.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I think it's quite decent to be honest.

I somewhat agree. The tournaments might be fun, I haven't been staking for ages. Xlogging and changing rules was so rotten, and the stakers were huge jerks with only accepting one set of rules, afraid of losing.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Well I'm quiting staking and selling my winnings for real money.

GOOD JOB JAGEX

lol it's your decision to do so. You and only you are responsible for your own actions (Assuming you are, by law, old enough). Don't blame Jagex for something you are willing to do / are going to do / have done.

Anyway, on the topic of the update: it's half decent, I'd say. I do agree stakers should - to some degree - not be allowed to win such ridiculous amounts of money; this does after (in a way) promotes real life trading. However, I do think that the 3k limit is a bit low.

The tournament thing itself looks promising, though I probably won't test it any time soon.

Then again, the bottom line really is, whether we like it or not, the update did happen. So we might as well start getting used to the idea of a RuneScape without staking.

~ Agshlee

99/99 Mage - Achieved 23/07/2007

99/99 Ranged - Achieved 20/12/2007

93/99 Defence

Wow.. a 3k limit per 15 minutes? That has got to be the single dumbest mistake Jagex has made. I mean.. that completely ruins a decent portion of the RS population's money making! Wow. I don't even stake and that made me mad.. I had to read it over three times to make sure I read it right.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

"We pay, we say" W83 :notalk: I like it but i thought it would be more of a CW+Duling type game. Where it would be 31 v. 31 and not every man for themselves.

I got to the semi-final round where i faced a lvl 123 full torag, 99 def, sara brewed, and potted :shock: We were both full hp. I almost owned him tbh, then he hit a 47 on me with DH when he had 14 hp left <.<

The tourney is indeed quite fun but the 3k limit with 200gp/min regen rate...wth was jagex thinking...hopefully they will change it back.

Cheers

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

I think the reason they destroyed staking was so that we would all get mad at the real-world traders and scare them into getting their act together, then maybe Jagex may fix them. Thank god I'm f2p, though. \'

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

You need to read the knowledge base article. They are using the "player value" of all items. You currently cannot even stake any rune items, as all of them have a street value of > 3K.

Jason

wow...they might as well give the arena to us f2p. :D

besides the 3k thing, this seems like a good update. the tourney will definitely have an effect on runescape players. eventually there will be famous duelers who's names will be as well known as zezima's or uloveme. The graphical update is nice too. party pete's outfit is a little boring...

I like the sounds of other people teleporting, so that will be missed.

all in all, a nice member's update.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

Am I the only person who read the knowledge base article? It clearly says in there that you can run a 2 person tournament, and have entry fees of up to 1 million coins. So while the high-end stakes are no longer possible, it is still quite possible to run stakes with a significant cash prize, and win or lose mils an hour through staking.

that's a good point. it kinda supports qeltar's argument. even with the 12k per hour, you could still have the 2 way tourney and win up to a million gp.

it kinda defeats the alleged "purpose" of the cap.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

Same here, I'll be hunting Chins for 83 Hunter until peak hours. Although when the higher up tournaments become full of completely maxed players with the best strategies and equipment, get ready for a Luckscape like never before :shock:.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Do they enjoy staking as in

1)they want money?

2)they like fighting people?

If its the first then I repeat: BOOHOO

If its the second then they can keep doing it.

People aren't angry that the challenge or whatevers gone, they are angry because their money maker has gone, this deserves very limited sympathy.

I enjoyed staking because I knew once I entered, it would be a low or win situation. I found it fun knowing that when I entered I could be insanely rich, or insanely poor. Its almost like taking adrenaline pills or something of that sorts. Its the only thing I found fun in RS (Other then farming, but I'm sure as hell not going to pay membership just to access one skill). Every millasecond that passed in a 50m + stake made my heart pump faster. Wilderness doesn't give me this. Wilderness was ruined a long time ago.

Also, most stakers who had a lot of money kept staking. I highly doubt anyone actually cared about having 10 billion GP. They just kept staking because it is something they enjoy. ( What point would there be to keep staking past 500m if you weren't having fun staking?)

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Hmm... there is something wrong with this..

Registrar 3 and 4 are closed and 1 and 2 need min. 1800 rank. What happens if your rank drops below that line?

I'm still 1750, but everytime you don't win your rank drops :uhh:

6221st to 85 Slayer. ( Yippee)