First price changes, updated

Fredz

Daily Price Updates

From the heart of grand exchange

Brought to you by Slayers of Dangerous Beasts

I will be monitoring the prices over at the grand exchange the next few days exclusively for Sodb after today.

First Price Update:

27.nov Mid day GMT

Logs Market

Magic logs up from 1050 to 1102

Willows unchanged

All other logs going down

Magic Runes Market:

All runes have gone down.

Note: Pure essence only dropped 2 gp tho.

Weapons And Armor Market:

Whips slightly dropping to 1.318 000.

Dragon boots down from 400 000 to 386 000

Ore Market:

Silver and gold ore are stable.

All other ores are dropping.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the joys of a planned economy. :roll:

What?. They are changed according to the player trades. What has that to do with planned economy?

Its an automatic system changing by a maximum of 5% each day. Its not like JageX is changing the prices manually.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

Looks like most things have gone down by 5%. It's not enough, but these are very early days. A few more days and they will stabilise to the correct prices. We've just got to be patient.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Its not like JageX is changing the prices manually.

Aren't they?

Doesnt this just mean that the items that are drasticly out jagex will intervine and sort it out themselves where as the prices that are close enough and what not get changed by the 5%

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

Aren't they?

No they are not on a grand scale. That is for prices that are way off like Rune boots 181k (Now 85k) And lava battlestaff 60k. Because it would take a few days before these would touch the "real" market price for these items.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

There are many, many items whose prices vary by more than 5% a day. Some vary by more than that even within a single day. Do you think they will sit around manually adjusting them?

Strict price controls destroy markets. It's been tried many times and it never works. The fact that they are only adjusting automatically by 5% means that some items will take WEEKS until they end up where they should be.. only by then their values will change again and it will take weeks more for anyone to bother trading them.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Expect more updates like that soon :P They obviously can't get them all right at once.
With the market price guides currently available on fansites, I think they should have been a lot more accurate to begin with. We shouldn't be waiting for the prices of commonly bought and sold items to "stabilize" ..they already were stable before the GE
mak_1027.png

Aren't they?

Doesnt this just mean that the items that are drasticly out jagex will intervine and sort it out themselves where as the prices that are close enough and what not get changed by the 5%

Jagex are, I'm sure, dedicating alot of time to make the GE work. I'm positive that they'll be doing all the price updating and tweaking manually from now on, so as to ensure no future mistakes.We gotta give them time though.

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

Expect more updates like that soon :P They obviously can't get them all right at once.
With the market price guides currently available on fansites, I think they should have been a lot more accurate to begin with. We shouldn't be waiting for the prices of commonly bought and sold items to "stabilize" ..they already were stable before the GE

Exactly. There was never any need to "stabilize" anything. This is just a control grab, nothing more.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Aren't they?

Jagex are, I'm sure, dedicating alot of time to make the GE work. I'm positive that they'll be doing all the price updating and tweaking manually from now on, so as to ensure no future mistakes.We gotta give them time though.

Eh? They just did a automatic price update with their daily automatic system and you say they are doing things manually from now on?

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

Its been about 25 hours since this update was released, people can't expect all the 1000s of items to be bang first time...

I think Jagex are doin a pretty good job so far n it was good to see the mods still working late last night answering questions and overlooking the new update :)

Avid43.png

Chef's hats will never change their price from 1-2gp to anywhere?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I think that within a week or so prices will even out to where they should be. But on the other hand if everyone keeps buying and selling at the lowest then the economy will change extremly fast. A lot of prices have droped below where they should be (iron ore: 90-99 I think, before update they were selling as much as 120, 125).

91% percent of the people polled said they were liers. The other 9% lied to us.

Yesterday I tried to sell a shield left half. The "market price" was 700k. When's the last time that was true?

I went back today. It's still 700k.

Nice system.

signew2.png

Yesterday I tried to sell a shield left half. The "market price" was 700k. When's the last time that was true?

I went back today. It's still 700k.

Nice system.

If enough people kept their left halves up there for the lowest possible price, it would change. If people don't put them up, as far as the system knows, there is no supply and no demand, so the price dosen't change.

Personally... I'm hating these new prices. Yesterday nats were 280 ea, now they're 270 ea... the price drops really seem to be getting out of hand. People are just putting their stuff up there for the lowest possible price to sell their stuff faster, and that just drives the prices down further.

Exactly. There was never any need to "stabilize" anything. This is just a control grab, nothing more.

A control grab.........by greedy Jagex...........of their own game. Man you've lost the plot.