RS2's biggest month ever?

tintin113

Since the update from RSC (classic) to RS2 (Runescape now) there have been some very big updates. There have been some very big months. I personally thought that there would never be a month bigger than the one in which construction - "POH"s - came out. However I think that Jagex have proven me wrong this month:

1. The Assist System.

2. A new quest - Land of the Goblins.

3. The abolition of staking.

4. Duel Tounaments.

5. Summoning revealed.

6. The Grand Exchange.

-Assist Sytem. This new update is one of the best "anti-scam" oppotunities in a long time. Although a bit unrealistic, it stops people losing out to trust traders. Also, it ranks up with woodcutting and fishing in the top 5 things to do while browsing forums.

-Land of the Goblins. I have not done this quest myself, but I have heard good things about it. Anything with a giant new area and a goblin-transforming potion sounds good to me!

-The abolition of staking. Wow. I could say a lot about this. It came as a great surprise and a mighty blow to many. Lots of stakers are known to have quit because of it, and friends of mine have lost a lot of invested money in stakers. I never stake and rarely duel, but limitting stakes to 3k every 15 minutes renders the staking part of the duel arena utterly pointless. Most people wouldn't even notice if you stole 3k from them.

-Duel Tounaments. This shabby affair hardly covered up for the blow of stake limiting, but good stakers can get a lot of money from tournaments - a 64m maximum pot isn't too bad for 10 minutes work.

-Summoning revealed. This is BIG! Summoning is the most widely rumoured and discussed skill of all time, and it isn't even out yet. However, the latest developments show that AT LATEST summoning should be out by the end of January '08.

-The Grand Exchange. The biggest trading update since bank notes. This has revolutionised trading, and although some say it has ruined merchanting, I think that it is introducing a much cleverer and life-orientated way of making money. It is also a great way of getting rid of monster drops, and I personally have made 1mil out of it already. I know that many of my friends have made similar and larger profits too.

Overall I think that it is fairly obvious that November '07 has been a MONUMENTAL month for updates. Possibly the biggest since RS2, or even Runescape began. What do you think?

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Yeah agree with you, this whole month's updates have struck the whole Runescape in both negative and positive ways.

I can't think of any other period or month with such big updates, but then again I don't know too much about Runescape history since I've often taken breaks and thus missed out on things.

Of all the updates, I would have to say the GE has revolutionised the way I play. More to the point, it has enabled me to get on with the way I play a lot faster ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ no longer do I need to travel all the way to Relleka if I lose my archers helm, or stand around in edge bank getting ripped off for range pots. Just hop over to GE, and buy your required pots/equipment at rock bottom prices in seconds, then go on your merry way.

It is hard to sell those pesky items that clutter your bank, but it was hard before GE also. Some seemingly worthless items though have made me more than 4M since it opened. These items have made me muchos cashies: birds nests, rune scims, prayer pots, dragon arrows, and blood runes all got snapped up very quickly. Fire runes, and maples though have been stuck in the GE for 2 days and I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t expect either to move any day soon!

I give GE 9/10, the others donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t affect me too much, though I did use the assist system to smith 10 rune bars that I had in my bank into full helms :)

And to think, at the beginning of this month I heard so many people saying "I bet there's no updates this month so i'm not re-newing P2P".

We showed them! ::'

Hehehe! Do those people only ever play on updates and nothing else!? :XD:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

The month we got bank notes - now that was good...

I had put 1000's of lobsters into certs, for selling, when the update came! Darn I was mad, but at the same time sooooooo happy!

Seriously, other updates still pale in comparison.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

The month we got bank notes - now that was good...

I had put 1000's of lobsters into certs, for selling, when the update came! Darn I was mad, but at the same time sooooooo happy!

Seriously, other updates still pale in comparison.

hahahhaahaha sorry i just remember those days... ahhh the good ol' trade twelve trade twelve trade twelve.... TOOK FOREVER!

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

Land of the Goblins and Assist weren't so monumental, but the Dueling Arena and the Grand Exchange look to me like massive blows against the 2 best ways of making money in the game: staking and merchanting. Personally I don't do either, so the Dueling Arena update only affected me in the meh my rare just dropped millions way, and the grand exchange in the woot no more going to W2 way.

The Dueling Arena won't revolutionize the way the game is played, since staking has never played a massive role in the game (very few people are full-time stakers, at most your average joe will go and lose 100k every few months). And the tournaments are just yucky and awfully handled (although they have great potential if Jagex bothers to fix them).

The grand exchange however has changed the way that people trade, although only for certain items due to the ridiculous price restrictions (800 gp yew longbows anyone?). Once again, lots of potential, but not nearly as good as it could have been. This one however at least is fairly nice in its current state (assuming the prices eventually correct themselves).

Come on qeltar....when are you to going to start another dueling argument?

spam much? :|

I'm surprised the Assist System wasn't more popular. I thought for sure it was going to be a big hit!

What happened?

:-k

People who do have like 91+ RC don't want to lend it to just other runescapers just their close friends.

Well it has happened to my friend. People ask when he's got the cape and he says no and switches cape due to being annoyned.

This wasn't big month for me. Other than releasing info about summoning it has its own positive and negative sides. To me 2004 june is and always WILL be biggest month in rs2 history... :-k

-Player mods

-SPECIAL ATTACKS #-o

-Priest in peril quest!

-Bank insert button

-Some minor stuff

Although I have to admit dueling update had same effect on me as special attacks update...