Arrow stealers

SportsGuy

A character just followed me world to world stealing my arrows that fell. I asked him to stop and he didn't even say anything, just walked out of nowhere and stole them.

I wanted to report him, but there was absolutely nothing I could do.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

On the contrary, there was quite a few things you could've done.

You could've hopped worlds after putting this "arrow thief" on your ignore list. This way, he or it wouldn't have any way to track you down across worlds. Alternatively, you could just use the alloted 30 seconds Jagex gave you in order to pick your arrows up -.- .

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

On the contrary, there was quite a few things you could've done.

You could've hopped worlds after putting this "arrow thief" on your ignore list. This way, he or it wouldn't have any way to track you down across worlds. Alternatively, you could just use the alloted 30 seconds Jagex gave you in order to pick your arrows up -.- .

+1

Turn your private to friends. He wont know what world your on then. Problem solved.

People on your ignore list can still see you online (from what i've been told)

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Orly?

thank lord mines always on "Friends"

you were simply in the race to arrows and lost. personally i dont care if peeps steal my arrows because i just say in my head, there to lazy to buy/fletch there own but some have been courtues (i know i spelt that wrong) as to return my arrows :P

Popoto.~<3

Ava's attractor and Ava's accumulator are a great way to pick up your arrows without picking them up. Of course they are p2p, but the best things in runescape aren't free. Excluding the Grand Exchange of course.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

I encounter plenty of arrow thieves, but it is perfectly fine for them to do. Rude? Yes. Other than that we just live with it.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

i think you can only see them for a split second.

Mr. blah has logged on -

Mr. blah has logged off.

So you can only see if they have logged on.

I only know this because my friend logged on and off quickly like this, and i asked my best friend and he said that guy was on.

rougeleada.gif

rougeleada.png

Almost there :D ( doing it in f2p :( )

i think you can only see them for a split second.

Mr. blah has logged on -

Mr. blah has logged off.

So you can only see if they have logged on.

I only know this because my friend logged on and off quickly like this, and i asked my best friend and he said that guy was on.

Actually they can see the whole time that you're online, they can even attempt to PM you, but you wont' get the message.

Personal experience as I once had a friend add me to ignore instead of friends list =.= had to find them in the actual world before they realized it.

On topic tho: just pick up your arrows more often, and to prevent people following you along worlds, just put your private chat to friends or off, like mentioned earlier on here.

He added you to his friends so he'd know which world you were on. Next time, turn off your friends chat so he can't follow you.

It is kind of stupid that people go through that kind of trouble just to get arrows though.

Sorry such an idiot did such a thing. I understand arrow stealers, and I understand the argument against them. But the whole world following is across the borderline.

Because you have no right to whine about people taking the arrows you didn't pick up in time before they were visible. But as I just said, the actual following you around from world to world is across the line between acceptable and not.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

i know i hate the arrows stealer my goal is impossble im poor lol it makes me angery lol :x

Quests give heck of a bonus.. Animal magnetism quest is a great one to have completed for any ranger goals. I, in-fact, believe Jagex created the Accumulator for this specific purpose. To many people complaining about getting their arrows "stolen"... so they made a solution.

Stop complaining, and take action. Only lazy people complain about things they CAN control. =;

Sorry to be blunt but its the truth.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Turn your private to friends. He wont know what world your on then. Problem solved.

Yes, they can see you, but only if your Private is on, and even then, he shouldn't have been able to follow you unless it was On.

You could have picked your arrows up, or just stopped attacking the monster. An even more drastic way could have been going to a German world just to get rid of him.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

A character just followed me world to world stealing my arrows that fell. I asked him to stop and he didn't even say anything, just walked out of nowhere and stole them.

Theres a good proverb that covers this situation;

"Kit left adrift, must be gift".

You don't say in your rant which arrows you were using but if they where that valuable, why not go pick them up or if there really expensive or behind bars, use telegrab?

Although there is a flip-side to this coin, that you and others may find amusing in relation to this activity, whereby players will pick up arrows at a certain, popular mini-game *cough*pest control*cough* then cheekily attempt to sell them back at the end of the game?

Yeah like thats going to work...

Hope you don't lose too much in the way of gp on your arrows for your training.

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

get your arrows before he does but i agree...

damn looters in the wild and at king lathias training grounds in ogre cage.

the other day i saw a lvl 3 acc name 'lo0t3r k1ng' just sum lvl 3 looter

that walked around getting in peoples way and anoyying them + getting arrows and food ect in the wild.

i hate looters that steal arrows but im to lazy to pick em up anyway ;p

(\__/)

(='.'=) TÃÆÃ