Is God real post your thoughts!

Joes_So_Cool

The first law of Therodynamics states that energy CANNOT be created or destroyed, Mass energy equivalence states that all mass has energy.

If there is no God, matter either came into existance out of nothing, which doesn't make sense, Or it existed eternally. We exist in the demensions of Space and Time. Time can be seen as a measurement of change, that means as long as matter exists, time exists.

Matter cannot have always existed because Time hasnt always existed. This is why Time cannot be eternal, because that means it has no beginning and no end.

If time had no beginning and goes back infinitetly,(In other words people think the universe always existed), then we couldn't be here right now because an infinite amount of time CANNOT pass. So we can logically determine that time is not infinate.

Since time is NOT infinate, then it can't be created in the dimensions of time. The Bible tells us God exists outside of this dimension. If God exists outside of time, then he may be eternal and DOESN'T need a beginning or an end, or a creator.

If you think matter came into existence from nothing than you aren't a rational thinker. And if you think matter always existed, ask yourself this, "Could there always have been a yesterday?" Thus coming to the conclusion that the world was created by God. Do you ever wonder why the human body is so perfect? why the planets are so PERFECT? How everything that is in existance serves its purpose? If God didn't create the Universe, ask yourself this, "Why is everything so PERFECT?"

Conclusion:Stop WASTING YOUR LIFE playing these games and turn to GOD and turn away from your SINS. GO TO: http://www.thewaythetruth.com to find out the truth about Your CREATION AND THE LIVING GOD. Jesus said that there would be an increase in natural disasters, disease, starvation,etc before He returns, I think your smart enough to know whether or not these things are increasing.

Pray this Prayer and you WILL be saved:

Father in Heaven, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

linktipitsigfb1.png

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God IS real.

Now before all you atheists get all "OMFG God cant be t3h r34l b3cuz j00 h4v no pr00fs." on me, I would just like to point something out.

(1) You believe in evolution, right? Yet, you can't take pictures or videos of a species evolving, or such things like that.. All you can make is educated guesses based on fossil records..

You believe in quantum mechanics, right? Yet you can't really track the movement of electrons or really put a cat in a box with a vial of poison and record the universe splitting..

(2) God is a matter of faith, as are virtually all unproven theories in science.. You are so quick to believe anything with "science" tacked on the front of it, yet when it comes to faith you push it aside as "stories"...

The Bible is a set of guidelines on how to live our lives, not a accurate historical manual. It was written as man's interpretation of God's teachings.. thus, you find many areas of the Bible were it contradicts itself, particularly in the New Testament vs. the Old Testament. Does this mean that the lessons it teaches are lies? No!

About the argument that there is no God because we have this, this, and this- This world isn't perfect! It was never meant to be! It it was, we wouldn't have heaven! God sent us here to learn something.. about ourselves, about the world, about the nature of good and evil.. heaven's the reward at the end of the journey.

I don't know all the answers, I'll admit it. But.. If these is no God, why even bother being a good person?? Why can't I just go rob a bank or massacre an entire race? Why not live my life simply for my own pleasure, being a total arse to everyone I meet because it benefits me? So I'm curious atheists.. What's keeping you from doing these things??

(1) Wouldn't you just love what I have to show you. It's not just an 'educated guess', every single observation ever made coincides with evolution, dispite what any apologist is willing to misconstrue and throw at you, some of them which simply can not be explained in any other way. Hence why evolution is considered fact in the scientific community.

Very well.. I didn't know that that one had been proven already..

Simply substitute my "Quantum Mechanics" example in it's place..

(2) 'Unproven theories are a matter of faith'. My god. Where to cut this down. First, you don't prove theories, they are modelled constructs which serve as systems of explanation regarding a bunch of phenomena and can include tested hypotheses, observations, facts, principles and other neat stuff in a logical framework. We leave proof to the mathematicians. Secondly, we can be damn sure that a theory is (for all intents and purposes) 'proven', untill more evidence comes in to contradict it.

Doesn't this work on the same dynamics as the God principle though? It is proven until there is significant evidence to disprove it? Perhaps I might have misunderstood the definition of a theory.. but call it a hypothesis then. An educated guess. One about life on other planets, perhaps? Many people believe that aliens exist, yet there is absolutely no proof of life on other planets, or even planets that can support life.(excluding conspiracy theories, of course..) Is it so hard to believe in aliens, but not a supernatural power of some sort?

Could God be the answer to the "why" and not the "how"? Science clearly explains the latter, but what of the former?

Ps. If your an atheist, shouldn't you say "My science" or something like that instead of "My god"? :lol:

As for thinking that everyone is quick to believe something with science in front of it? You assume wrong, for myself at least. I've read extensively as to exactly why evolution, for example, is considered fact and it's not pretty for the creationists, trust me.

Oh, so I have assumed wrong? Perhaps your not like the other atheists I've observed, and exception to the rule....

Conclusion:Stop WASTING YOUR LIFE playing these games and turn to GOD and turn away from your SINS. GO TO: http://www.thewaythetruth.com to find out the truth about Your CREATION AND THE LIVING GOD. Jesus said that there would be an increase in natural disasters, disease, starvation,etc before He returns, I think your smart enough to know whether or not these things are increasing.

Father in Heaven, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

Oh God no!! WHY!! :wall:

Your argument was beautiful until you said this!

Why try to convert a horde of atheists in their own topic when they

A)Clearly don't care

B)Will rip you apart with "science"

C)Didn't ask for it

It's people like this that make atheists think Christians are a bunch of ignorants who try to shoe-horn people into their beliefs without a care for others opinions! #-o

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

@Under_Score: I'm not getting into a big debate with you, because people like you telling us to pray and predicting when the world ends come on these forums once in a while. I'm just going to state one thing, paraphrasing from the bible: You will not know when, nor how, the world will end.

I'd prefer not to comment though my own ignorance. I don't know enough about QM to comment on how strong it is nor do I 'believe' it is good or bad science. I reserve judgement until I am no longer ignorant of it.
Doesn't this work on the same dynamics as the God principle though? It is proven until there is significant evidence to disprove it?
You're thinking of innocent untill proven guilty. It dosen't work that way in science, a hypothesis is 'unproven' until tested and supported, at which time it will be supported or not, depending on the outcome of the test.
Perhaps I might have misunderstood the definition of a theory.. but call it a hypothesis then. An educated guess. One about life on other planets, perhaps? Many people believe that aliens exist, yet there is absolutely no proof of life on other planets, or even planets that can support life.(excluding conspiracy theories, of course..) Is it so hard to believe in aliens, but not a supernatural power of some sort?
The thing there is we can postulate where life may exist on other planets based on the knowledge of life on our planet. But still, you've come to the wrong person. I don't 'believe' in aliens. I think it could be possible they could exist, based on the nature of life and the abundance of possible life harbouring systems in our universe.
Could God be the answer to the "why" and not the "how"? Science clearly explains the latter, but what of the former?
Why do I get hungry? Science has an answer (I wont bore you and myself by looking up the dynamics of hunger stimulating hormones of the stomach). So science can also answer 'why'. As for why we exist, as in why existance is rather than is not, sure, you could use god to answer why.

Well, considering we can track electrons and examine particles, um... :-s .

Doesn't this work on the same dynamics as the God principle though? It is proven until there is significant evidence to disprove it? Perhaps I might have misunderstood the definition of a theory.. but call it a hypothesis then. An educated guess.

But the problem here is that there is no proof for it in the first place.

One about life on other planets, perhaps? Many people believe that aliens exist, yet there is absolutely no proof of life on other planets, or even planets that can support life.(excluding conspiracy theories, of course..) Is it so hard to believe in aliens, but not a supernatural power of some sort?

Mathematically speaking, the odds that there isn't other [intelligient] life in the universe are so slim that it would be incredibly hard to believe that we're alone, unless there was some unknown reason for it.

That's kind of just filling in the gaps, which, mind you, are getting filled up more and more as time goes by. There will probably always be room for religion filling in the "why" though, so I suppose you've got that.

Ps. If your an atheist, shouldn't you say "My science" or something like that instead of "My god"? :lol:

:lol: Heh, suppose that's true :P .

Oh, so I have assumed wrong? Perhaps your not like the other atheists I've observed, and exception to the rule....

Well then, you've been hanging around with the wrong atheists :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Range, the historicity of the Bible is undeniable. It is not a collection of tales handed down through oral tradition. Manuscripts of most of the gospels and several of the epistles are within a hundred years of the events recorded and the number of manuscripts numbers in the thousands. Compare that to the writings of Plato: only a handful of manuscripts and those from well over a thousand years after his death.

Cieco mondo...cieco mondo

The first law of Therodynamics states that energy CANNOT be created or destroyed, Mass energy equivalence states that all mass has energy.

If there is no God, matter either came into existance out of nothing, which doesn't make sense, Or it existed eternally. We exist in the demensions of Space and Time. Time can be seen as a measurement of change, that means as long as matter exists, time exists.

Matter cannot have always existed because Time hasnt always existed. This is why Time cannot be eternal, because that means it has no beginning and no end.

If time had no beginning and goes back infinitetly,(In other words people think the universe always existed), then we couldn't be here right now because an infinite amount of time CANNOT pass. So we can logically determine that time is not infinate.

Since time is NOT infinate, then it can't be created in the dimensions of time. The Bible tells us God exists outside of this dimension. If God exists outside of time, then he may be eternal and DOESN'T need a beginning or an end, or a creator.

If you think matter came into existence from nothing than you aren't a rational thinker. And if you think matter always existed, ask yourself this, "Could there always have been a yesterday?" Thus coming to the conclusion that the world was created by God. Do you ever wonder why the human body is so perfect? why the planets are so PERFECT? How everything that is in existance serves its purpose? If God didn't create the Universe, ask yourself this, "Why is everything so PERFECT?"

And, again, why could god have always existed but matter not?

I'll rather let someone else rip apart the rest of your post but, seriously, this is the kind of person who aggravates me to no end in these 'debates'.

One about life on other planets, perhaps? Many people believe that aliens exist, yet there is absolutely no proof of life on other planets, or even planets that can support life.(excluding conspiracy theories, of course..) Is it so hard to believe in aliens, but not a supernatural power of some sort?

Mathematically speaking, the odds that there isn't other [intelligient] life in the universe are so slim that it would be incredibly hard to believe that we're alone, unless there was some unknown reason for it.

Here's an interesting article on the (mathematical) probabilities of other life-bearing planets existing in the universe.

http://www.krysstal.com/extrlife.html

That's not want I'm talking about. I'm talking about killing(or not killing) a cat in a box and then tracking how(if at all) the universe splits. Plus, according to this theory, if you know the speed of an electron, you can't possibly know were it is nor in what direction it's traveling, and vise versa..

Doesn't this work on the same dynamics as the God principle though? It is proven until there is significant evidence to disprove it? Perhaps I might have misunderstood the definition of a theory.. but call it a hypothesis then. An educated guess.

But the problem here is that there is no proof for it in the first place.

We have the written records of the Bible as proof. We have human kindness and empathy, which doesn't exist in animals or in nature for that matter. Of course I'm talking about an answer to the "why" question, not the "how".

What odds? What mathematical equation proves the possibility of the existence of aliens?"

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

That's not want I'm talking about. I'm talking about killing(or not killing) a cat in a box and then tracking how(if at all) the universe splits.

I can't tell if you're quoting the analogy for people who know it or if you're just really mixed up.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

That's not want I'm talking about. I'm talking about killing(or not killing) a cat in a box and then tracking how(if at all) the universe splits.

I can't tell if you're quoting the analogy for people who know it or if you're just really mixed up.

I know it is an analogy. I was simply using it as an example to show how conducting such a experiment to prove the existence of parallel universes is unpractical.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I know it is an analogy. I was simply using it as an example to show how conducting such a experiment to prove the existence of parallel universes is unpractical.

The experiment just proves that photons can exist in superposition with themselves until observed. The parallel universe theory is just an idea about how.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

That's not want I'm talking about. I'm talking about killing(or not killing) a cat in a box and then tracking how(if at all) the universe splits. Plus, according to this theory, if you know the speed of an electron, you can't possibly know were it is nor in what direction it's traveling, and vise versa..

Uncertainty Principle, yes QM is weird, but just because it is is no reason to try and disregard it's theorem's.

We have the written records of the Bible as proof. We have human kindness and empathy, which doesn't exist in animals or in nature for that matter. Of course I'm talking about an answer to the "why" question, not the "how".

:|

You can say that's "proof" all you want, but logically speaking, most would agree that it really isn't. Not that I want to get into an argument about it or anything.

What odds? What mathematical equation proves the possibility of the existence of aliens?"

I, nor anyone here, ever stated the mathematics of the matter "proves" the existence of aliens (in fact, I went to great lengths to make sure it was blatantly obvious I wasn't saying that); it just explains the odds. If you want a link to information about it, see venomai's post (thank you dude).

No.

I'm an agnostic, so if i would be wrong i'd accept the fact that he/she/it is real but i still wouldn't become a religious person.

I do understand that it can be comforting in hard times (i.e. someone in your family died, or so), but i cannot see how you can believe something that is imaginary.

How many millions of animals (humans are animals!) have died due to religion X?

God...

If he/she/it would be real, why do we have so much crap on our planet?

And i can't see any form of scientific proof of that god did ever exist?

It is a human-make-belief-thing.

-----

I am not very well read about this, I am interested about history but not religion. So what i say is completely my own thoughts and not so much from books...

"disclaimer"

Why'd you have to stick that "How many animals have died" bit in there. Why does anyone or anything die. Why does it matter how we die. Why are you blaming religions for the act of humans who misunderstood or manipulated the teachings of one's religion. Never again will I listen to ignorant children who use that as an excuse for being too lazy to care.

Saying "A Divine being would not cause so much pain and death" when that is soully the act of men. Men are twisted disgusting creatures and need something to believe in.

"Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists. A baby feels hunger: well, there is such a thing as food. A duckling wants to swim: well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire: well, there is such a thing as sex."

Thank you C.S Lewis!

Lewis implies that we all have a deep-seated desire, or wish for, a relationship with the Creator and for an existence beyond this life, though we often mistake it for something else.

Range, the historicity of the Bible is undeniable. It is not a collection of tales handed down through oral tradition. Manuscripts of most of the gospels and several of the epistles are within a hundred years of the events recorded and the number of manuscripts numbers in the thousands. Compare that to the writings of Plato: only a handful of manuscripts and those from well over a thousand years after his death.

Actually if you want to get technical about the "historicity" of the Bible, then I'll tell you this: IF and only IF we had all the books written to be in the Bible, there would be a whole different story to Christianity. Many of the books, like the gospel of Mary Magdelan (please excuse spelling), were excluded by the ROMANS (pagan worshippers) and deemed as heretical. Soley because they challenged the authority of the Roman Catholic Church. Organized religion was a tool used to control nomadic people and since the ideas and beliefs of modern day people have evolved and we think for ourselves, I think that the whole system needs a revamp. And not only to point out that the English translation far misses some of the key ideas due to the fact that it cannot be translated DIRECTLY from Hebrew to English.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

[Without reading the thread]

Well hope I can put a post in here without getting jumped at by posting my opinion, unlike the last time I posted in one of these threads. :roll:

Is god real? I honestly would say no. But, how can one say if he is or isn't for sure? We just wait and see I suppose.

Do I believe in him? Sure, I'm Catholic after all, but no mindless Catholic don't get me wrong. If given reason to believe otherwise I might just convert over. :P

[/Without reading the thread]

Well hope I can put a post in here without getting jumped at by posting my opinion, unlike the last time I posted in one of these threads. :roll:

Is god real? I honestly would say no. But, how can one say if he is or isn't for sure? We just wait and see I suppose.

Do I believe in him? Sure, I'm Catholic after all, but no mindless Catholic don't get me wrong. If given reason to believe otherwise I might just convert over. :P

You contradicted yourself there..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

How many millions of animals (humans are animals!) have died due to religion X?

Hehe, Jainism.

[Oh, and stop arguing like a strong atheist who feels some kind of need to rebel against religion; you're an agnostic for God's sake, or at least you say you are, so start acting like one. Apathy ftw.]

"Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists. A baby feels hunger: well, there is such a thing as food. A duckling wants to swim: well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire: well, there is such a thing as sex."

Thank you C.S Lewis!

Lewis implies that we all have a deep-seated desire, or wish for, a relationship with the Creator and for an existence beyond this life, though we often mistake it for something else.

Meh, maybe it's more of a desire for meaning in life, which the Creator [or an imaginary one, either works] can fulfill.

You contradicted yourself there..

Maybe I should've restated that. I believe that 'he' might be somewhere in the world, sky, heaven, watching over us or wherever. But do I think he is real to the point where he will show his face to myself, you, or anyone else? Nope.

Hope that made a little more sense. :P

Maybe I should've restated that. I believe that 'he' might be somewhere in the world, sky, heaven, watching over us or wherever. But do I think he is real to the point where he will show his face to myself, you, or anyone else? Nope.

Hope that made a little more sense. :P

So you believe in a purely transcendent god?

Sounds like you might belong in the Agnostic Department, along with myself :)

Agnosticism

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

So you believe in a purely transcendent god?

Without getting into a huge debate about it; yeah, more or less. I don't know if there is a god or not, no one for sure does either. But it makes more sense to me, personally, then some other theories of how the world might have been created.

That's just one man's opinion after all. Like I've said in another thread, I'm kind of in between 'Agnostic-Catholic'. Not really sure what to believe. I don't really want to start a debate, so I'll pull out now that I've thrown my opinion in. :)

Edit:

Sounds like you might belong in the Agnostic Department, along with myself :)

Agnosticism

Yeah, sounds like me. :)

Joe... just stop now please. You are giving us Atheists a bad name....

Hello, I don't think I know you, but if you're thinking I'm an atheist, you're very wrong, I am a catholic who attends Sunday School weekly, I am just looking for you're views.

~Joe.

You're also a colossal douche bag who starts threads looking for opinions, then starts considering someone's well thought out points moot because his user name is satanic.
mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

would someone care to explain dinosaurs, it's obvious they ruled this planet millions of years ago? sorry but my church's scriptures says that god created this planet for man, not big lizards.

and also galaxys past ours, or heck even planets past ours.

ice age? was that divine punishment :-#

Kaizoku