Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suicide isn't an option here.

The scenario is that the rising has just started but thanks to the internets you already know everything about it. GO! Like I said, suicide is not an option, the goal is to survive for as long as possible. WAT DO.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Go somewhere with a population density of less than 5 people/km2, like Finmark, Greenland, Sibiria, Svalbard, an Antarctic research station, etc.

So you're away from the people, what about wildlife? And how do you intend to get there?

Flying is out most of the time, because of flocks of zombie birds.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

They won't prioritize less populated areas, I'd go for Finmark, I'd hop on my light-MC and drive, I'd have to tank a few times but there should be some time between highly populated areas are attacked and when generally low populated countries are. Once I get there I'd have my MC suit for armour, I'd bring quite a few knives as well, and once there I'd have to watch out for rabbits, squirrels, livestock, raindeer and the very few elks and bears. The avg. population density in Finmark is 1.5 people/km2.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning for classic zombies, I've never done anything like this before and haven't really bothered to read it all yet but I'll give it a go, rate me :thumbup:.

Preplanning

Preplanning is the most useful thing a person can do, of course most people probably won't do it, I of course will preplan (probably for other events like war and natural disasters). People in this thread are always taking about how a trench knife is the best weapon against zombies, it may be but do you have a trench knife? Do you have a shaolin spade or whatever else would be classed as a good weapon. You have an axe and you have a hammer I bet, it would be better to start talking about them than unobtainable weapons.

Stuff

A good tough holdall (holds everything)

Axe/Machete & hammer (Machete is best zombie killing weapon, Axe is good)

Permanent match or weatherproof lighter. (lighting fires is an important life line, keeps you warm, keeps you sane, keeps you well fed)

Walking shoes. (your going to be doing a lot of walking)

Medication (inc. Worming pills, Water purifier, Antibiotic, Asprin, Alcohol, Salt) (obvious)

Parachord (long as possible) (tied between two tree's with waterproof sheet makes tent,

Waterproof sheet. (tent, canvas)

Picnic mat & blanket. (bottom of tent, blanket to keep warm)

Fold up shovel. (digging traps, moats)

Clothes, waterproof, socks, soap, toothbrush, pants. (obvious)

And as much non-perishable food you can fit in (not to the top so if you open it you can still find other things quickly)

plan

go to the forest (there is a couple of forests nearby) which due to my location won't be filled with bears or wolves, set up a camp near a tree and keep constantly moving, if zombies come run. Camp near a tree and hammer wooden nails in to aid in zombie escaping (see a zombie run up the tree). Eat rabbits and other forest dwellers. Bring a friend or three.

[Falador tavern]

My most prominent zombie plan: If all else fails, use FIRE.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

My most prominent zombie plan: If all else fails, use FIRE.

I agree, I've heard people say "If theres one thing worse than a zombie, its a zombie on fire" but to be honest a zombie on fire will literally fall apart and its brain will be damaged, it won't spread very quickly but adding a lot of petrol over an area, just imagine people throwing buckets of petrol over zombies and laying tripping obstacles over the floor, the damage to the zombies would be huge and quick. Zombies on fire are dangerous if you have a 'base' but for my plan it would be ideal.

[Falador tavern]

im think more of a torch.. decaying flesh is actually more flamable than you'd think.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

The thing is edel that petrol can be used for more things than zombie ignition (though flamethrowers if you could make them and the napalm may be an option [if you have excess petrol/gasoline and packing peanuts/etc.]).

LNYvk.png

I read an article on the internet which with science explain why a zombie apocalypse will fail before anything serious happens.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Grim, do you mean I should use it for cars? I disagree cars are just a waste of time if your in a forest.

But I could always use other flammabless: oil, lighter fluid, alcohol and best of all hay! You could throw hay with little oil on to zombies and it would stick to them, burning them to a cinder.

Alcohol could be stored for wounds, at home I have some [drinkable] alcohol that fares well in cleaning.

Icu, I read it too on cracked: zombies would still pose a threat especially in America and England. And the one about predators is wrong, dogs can smell dead meat and so can most other animals, you don't think if I wiggle a rotten bacon slice around a dog would eat it.

Also natural decay would take place over a long period of time

[Falador tavern]

I disagree still.

Sure you can say, well the zombie wound could be hidden by clothing, but still the blood from the wound which wont clot will get through the clothing.... Things keep bleeding especially bite wounds. But even if patient X who would have no signs still bit a person, zombification isn't installtaneous, it'll take quite a while to set in, at which point the person will probably go comatose, and if they're not alone they'll go into the hospital where they'll then find he reanimated, begin quaruntine. Also the first zombie to bite someone will most likely be in broad daylight in public and when they see someone bite someone, they're going to get the cops in, patient X dies, the bite victim is quaruntined when showing signs of a weird disease.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Icu, the government will do what they did for swine flu.

Saw someone get bitten recently?

Yes!

Than call this number!!

It's not going to work that well when large amounts manage to get bitten, in small scales quarantine will work but it couldn't take effect fast enough to stop the epedemic, therfore everyone dies but me.

[Falador tavern]

No they wouldn't, I don't remember the last time a virus made a person go and attack someone (there probably is one). The government wouldn't just sit around with something like that, that sort of virus is wayyy more dangerous.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Rabies?

The government wouldn't do anything military until about a week in, think of human rights issues! Killing of civilians infected by diseases!

[Falador tavern]

The zombie virus isn't some stealthy virus. It is REALLY easy diagnose. Sure there will be some issue. Also I am actually weighing in the chance of the amount of zombie crazed people who will kill the zombies regardless.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I'm in agreeance with Earth.

Apply magma, solve problem.

No but seriously, zombie virus can spread quickly because people don't know the person will reanimate, meaning that they could hang around the body and get infected.

2Xeo5.png

As stated on cracked, it is proven in nature that any virus not stealthy is going to easily get cured, and another thing pointed out is biting is a poor transfer, once we become aware of the virus, which wouldn't take long, we're probably looking at 10,000 infected, MAX, and that if it starts in a highly populated area where people don't think people shambling and groaning is unusual. Thats when "they're zombies and beyond curing we should kill them before anyone else dies" Zombies prove extremely ineffective against anything with a gun and that could run

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Uuuh in bars people who attack others get chucked out REALLY quickly... Security in bars is really tight, cause fights happen all the time, and people who are passed out are either sent to the hospital or chucked on the street.

Yes the black plague wasn't stealthy at all cause people totally knew what germs were and they totally knew it was fleas. We'll know what is causing it within hours.

And if the rabies part is true, then the biggest danger is birds, but why would they be attracted to humans? They'll stay in their hunting grounds most likely.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

One female student at a well funded high school with reasonably wealthy parents went to 20(I can't remember the exact number) doctors, who said all kinds of different things. She got fed up with it, and diagnosed it herself as simple limes disease.. I don't think that should give us much confidence.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Or damage important motoric/sensoric areas, a broken leg would slow a zombie down, a broken spine would paralyze it. And a blind and deaf zombie would only be able to find you by the scent of blood, meaning it would be forced to take breaks often to find the right direction.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1