Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

and pits on the both sides of the wall!

Pits on the inside of the wall would make defense harder. Pits on the outside of the wall wouldn't be bad, but the amount of work required would probably be better spent building a taller wall.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and pits on the both sides of the wall!

Pits on the inside of the wall would make defense harder. Pits on the outside of the wall wouldn't be bad, but the amount of work required would probably be better spent building a taller wall.

You might be right, but keep in mind that digging a ditch doesn't cost materials, but it actually gives you materials. It takes more work, but you get more out of it than otherwise. It can also act as a sort of anti-bandit defensive measure. I imagine that most of them will be "trained" to avoid the moaning of the undead; keep a few in there at all times, and you will have minimal problems from bandits.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Zombies can climb walls and ladders? Swell. Go at least 7 feet deep, then. And don't grenade, those things are loud, way to attract attention. Get a huge spear and poke out their brains.

And ember makes a good point. However the moaning of the undead attracts more undead, so be carefull with that.

Let's review my plan and we'll see how you guys can pick it apart.

Find a small area in the countryside, a farmhouse and a barn, and around it dig a ten foot by 3 foot ditch around. This should keep them at bay. For more safety, next to that ditch just behind it build a ten foot wall with barbed wire on top. While checking the status if the wall daily, they pretty much WILL NOT get in.

As for staying alive. Have several people with me, all with decent close range weapons, and a few of us have medium range weapons. Get a farming patch going for food, and after about 5 years, try to repopulate. This small population of humans should stay here for anywhere between 30-50 years, and by then leave, since by now the zombies will have rotted down to nothing. If the epidemic is over before then, then help will be bound to come before those years are up. Unless people are [wagon], and watch the small people farm for decades just laughing at them.

The only problem I still haven't figured out is, what would be an indefinite water supply?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Find a small area in the countryside, a farmhouse and a barn, and around it dig a ten foot by 3 foot ditch around. This should keep them at bay. For more safety, next to that ditch just behind it build a ten foot wall with barbed wire on top. While checking the status if the wall daily, they pretty much WILL NOT get in.

As for staying alive. Have several people with me, all with decent close range weapons, and a few of us have medium range weapons. Get a farming patch going for food, and after about 5 years, try to repopulate. This small population of humans should stay here for anywhere between 30-50 years, and by then leave, since by now the zombies will have rotted down to nothing. If the epidemic is over before then, then help will be bound to come before those years are up. Unless people are [wagon], and watch the small people farm for decades just laughing at them.

The only problem I still haven't figured out is, what would be an indefinite water supply?

find an area where you can have wells?

there are underwater lakes around where I live, and the lakes provide water for the whole town, and when the water gets washed out, or poured out, it gets filtered through the dirt, and goes back down into the lakes.

and I'd suggest making some sort of a tunnel with re inforced door type things to get out should the zombies ever get in, or just to make it easy to get in/out but not easy for the zombies. cause zombies can't dig. I don't think.

I'm still not finished teh book.

Good, no flaws there. Make sure you do this in a semi-cleared area, so no potenial hiding spots for bandits

Remember, any farms will have to have a fence/ditch around it too.

Find a decent sized lake.

Yeah, pretty good plan.

Good, no flaws there. Make sure you do this in a semi-cleared area, so no potenial hiding spots for bandits

Remember, any farms will have to have a fence/ditch around it too.

Find a decent sized lake.

Yeah, pretty good plan.

lakes are a bad idea.

a pond if anything. not too deep, and easier to get a zombie out of if one happens to be in there.

I still think wells are a better idea.

how large would you recommend? it has to be large enough for zombies to not jump over it.

and anything i can use other than acid? thats kinda hard to come by in large quantities

2 feet wide, 6'5 deep should do it. Zombies can't jump, so as long as they dont simply step over it your good.

And leave it empty, and every morning check and kill anything in the moat/trench.

id rather it a bit wider than 2 feet. what if a zombie fell over and was used as a bridge? :thumbdown: 8'5 or so tbh...and maybe put metal [bleep]es on the bottom?

No metal [bleep]es, they'll interfere with your disposing of the corpses after they fall in, and you kill them.

True. And don't worry, zombies are insanely un-cordinated, they can't use bridges any thinner then around 4 feet wide. Unless you get a sumo-wrestler zombie, you should be safe.

better safe than sorry. i dont wana be eaten

as for disposing bodies harder with [bleep]es, ill just poor petrol in the hole and burn it, followed by a few grenades

That's just stupid.

it would attract waay too much attention.

and probably wouldn't be good for the [bleep]es.

ok. massive ditch followed by massive wall with a shear face and barbed wire at the top, possibly electrified?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

id rather it a bit wider than 2 feet. what if a zombie fell over and was used as a bridge? :thumbdown: 8'5 or so tbh...and maybe put metal [bleep]es on the bottom?

No metal [bleep]es, they'll interfere with your disposing of the corpses after they fall in, and you kill them.

True. And don't worry, zombies are insanely un-cordinated, they can't use bridges any thinner then around 4 feet wide. Unless you get a sumo-wrestler zombie, you should be safe.

as for disposing bodies harder with [bleep]es, ill just poor petrol in the hole and burn it, followed by a few grenades

That's just stupid.

ok. massive ditch followed by massive wall with a shear face and barbed wire at the top, possibly electrified?

electricity won't do anything but fry the zombies, possibly start a fire, and would require a source of electricity, and ruin any possibility of escape over the wall.

[hide=]

how large would you recommend? it has to be large enough for zombies to not jump over it.

and anything i can use other than acid? thats kinda hard to come by in large quantities

2 feet wide, 6'5 deep should do it. Zombies can't jump, so as long as they dont simply step over it your good.

And leave it empty, and every morning check and kill anything in the moat/trench.

That's just stupid.

[/hide]

Not electrified, electricty has no effect on zombies, plus where would you get the power?

Other then that, good.

why wouldnt it affect them? if a zombie has muscles then the electricity should knock them down if they ever touch the wire

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

why wouldnt it affect them? if a zombie has muscles then the electricity should knock them down if they ever touch the wire

it wouldn't have any affect on the muscles, or at least minimal effects, and they'd keep trying until they had a sizeable amount of zombies on top, and it'd probably attract attention to other zombies. and zombies don't feel anything.

it wouldn't have any affect on the muscles, or at least minimal effects, and they'd keep trying until they had a sizeable amount of zombies on top, and it'd probably attract attention to other zombies. and zombies don't feel anything.

they dont need to feel it to be affected, and why would it not affect a zombie? if they have nerves or muscles it should...

they dont need to feel it to be affected, and why would it not affect a zombie? if they have nerves or muscles it should...

the nerves don't do anything, basically zombies are walking corpses. no response to anything. if you've read the first couple chapters of the book you'd understand, I forget exactly how it works.

Maybe someone will be nice, and decide to elaborate on the subject, and correct any mistakes I may have made.

the nerves don't do anything, basically zombies are walking corpses. no response to anything. if you've read the first couple chapters of the book you'd understand, I forget exactly how it works.

Maybe someone will be nice, and decide to elaborate on the subject, and correct any mistakes I may have made.

For some reasons, zombies are nearly un phased by electricty. It takes about as much enegry to power a house to even shock a zombie a little bit. (From the survival guide).

For some reasons, zombies are nearly un phased by electricty. It takes about as much enegry to power a house to even shock a zombie a little bit. (From the survival guide).

ok. im not gonna persue the electricity>zombies thing, but it sure will help against looters ;D

can anyone else suggest a few more security measures?

ok. im not gonna persue the electricity>zombies thing, but it sure will help against looters ;D

can anyone else suggest a few more security measures?

Soundproof any indoor rooms. Bring lots of things to do for fun, otherwise you'll start to go loopy in the head.

Just realized something. You don't need to wait for the zombies to rot to nothing, just the muscle. It still will take awhile, but far quicker than waiting for them to be dust.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Everyone knows that as soon as zombies attack the nation, random stockpiles of firearms and other assortments of weaponry suddenly appear in convenient places along with professional first aid kits that can cure a bullet through your eyes instantly.

Sheesh.

I like stir fry

Protoguy.png

protoguy.png

Everyone knows that as soon as zombies attack the nation, random stockpiles of firearms and other assortments of weaponry suddenly appear in convenient places along with professional first aid kits that can cure a bullet through your eyes instantly.

Sheesh.

True, True....

However, we still choose to take the cautious approach.

(Can I be the Possessor of random knowledge, or is that one taken?

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

According to the guide, electricity affects zombies about 1/4th (? might be wrong) as a normal human, as a lot of the damage it does to us is pain. But then he said that the power required to stun or fry their brain would be much better used elsewhere.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Sheesh.

True, True....

However, we still choose to take the cautious approach.

(Can I be the Possessor of random knowledge, or is that one taken?

Eh go ahead, welcome to the force.

Though i'm probably gonna allow only a certain amount of people on the team, myself Doom and Sword will all be on it of course. I'll probably keep a few people I think would be good uses to the team too, I'll have to plot this a little more I guess.. Back to the dark corner of my room!

Oh! Spaces allowed on the team? I'll throw that question out there to you Doom, how many do you think? Personally I think about fifteen people would be sufficient, maybe a few less though..

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.