Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

tzdfmap.png

Alright, this is done pretty quickly and is just the basic idea. It's also assuming we're taking other survivors with us.

The brown thing at the bottom are the docks, arrival space for boats and such. The grey line starting there is the road leading to the fortified city. The red lines around the road are mines (which should detonate 1-2 secs after a zombie steps on it, since by then more zombies will be in the blast zone.), this would ofcourse be off limits for any human being, unless they know what they're doing. The black are the city walls, with the purple part of it being the storage place, where cars, weapons and perhaps food could be stored. The road splits up in two, of which one goes to all the yellow houses for other survivors (and ourselves). These houses should be the home of 3-5 people each. There are some smaller houses near the walls where people could live alone. The other road splits to the storage room, and stays wide for vehicles (which are otherwise not allowed in the city). The maroon building is the TZDF HQ, where we train possible new recruits, we do weapon practise and other TZDF related things. The purple triangle at the bottom of the city is the first-aid corner and also hospital, put there so if someone injured enters, they can be treated immediately. The yellowish-greenish thing at the center of the island is the watchtower, set there so it can see all of the island. And the light-blue circle at the top-left of the island is a well, one of the main water supplies.

Well, that's it, I guess. Just gimme feedback and such.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahahaha :lol:

That's great :twss:

-.-

Lucky for you I was busy talking with people and hadn't started it by the time you had finished it.

I love you <3

the feeling is mutual <3:

Knoch, I declare you awesome.

I need an avatar, so could I get a personalized one too?

Thanks.

What you want it to say?

Which of us gets to do it?

----------------

Listening to: Metallica - Of Wolf and Man

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Well Fool, the island is nicely thought out and such. Though, there's a small problem, this island doesn't exist :lol:.

It's called a forceful take over and building all of this stuff on the island

----------------

Listening to: Metallica - Blackened

Well Fool, the island is nicely thought out and such. Though, there's a small problem, this island doesn't exist :lol:.

----------------

I'm attempting to be realistic here, a forceful takeover of an island is possible, though building all of this would take a long time.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

----------------

I'm attempting to be realistic here, a forceful takeover of an island is possible, though building all of this would take a long time.

I bet there's a lot of islands in the Pacific that aren't inhabited, and probably a lot of have mountains surrounding a center, which would protect us even better.

And this is a long-term plan. When we first get there, our main concern would be a source of fresh water, and then we'd make some tents to start off. The wall would be the first building we make, afterwards we can start doing the rest.

The only thing is, we would need people able to make stones, or all our houses could be made of wood.

How do we get there...? Airports will likely be overrun so we can't exactly take a plane of helicopter, plus most of us can't fly either of them. Unless we've got some sort of plan to get everybody to the island we'll have to come up with a slightly easier to reach place.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

How do we get there...? Airports will likely be overrun so we can't exactly take a plane of helicopter, plus most of us can't fly either of them. Unless we've got some sort of plan to get everybody to the island we'll have to come up with a slightly easier to reach place.

How about we go there now. And then we can start building before the zombies are here. And heck, if they don't come, we could sell the houses to some rich people for millions $.$

PS, Mage, can you make me one of those? I decided who to pick lol

How about we go there now. And then we can start building before the zombies are here. And heck, if they don't come, we could sell the houses to some rich people for millions $.$

Yes, let's all head to a possibly non-existant island to build a city for protection from zombies. To hell with our families and friedns, to hell with our lives, let's all just live on an island with strangers. :thumbup:

ezegyc.png

Yes, let's all head to a possibly non-existant island to build a city for protection from zombies. To hell with our families and friedns, to hell with our lives, let's all just live on an island with strangers. :thumbup:

Yeah, why not?

No, on a more serious note, a zombie invasion is more probably to start off in one spot, so I'm thinking that the best way to handle this is to maybe not go in the center of the Pacific where no one would be able to go, but an island that's already inhabited, then just improving it's defence and such? I'm thinking off the coast of for example Greece or Japan, who both have a lot of islands.

Why bother with walls? Why not dig a 6-7ft ditch around the place, then put a set of 3ft high pallisades on the inside of it facing out, with more palisades in the ditch itself?

In the event of a zombie invasion, they fall into the ditch and are impaled, therefore trapped. Eventually, the zombie piles would grow high enough for them to use it as a bridge. But since zombies cannot jump or climb, they run right into the palisade, and create a wall of zombies where the zombie bridge is.

*Sigh* We've gone through this once before. What's the point of having palisades? Sure, they might [bleep]e the zombies, but they won't kill them. With walls we have no worries at all, the zombies will have no chance at all of climbing over them, plus if we have guards with rifles at the top then those zombies will be downed within minutes.

ezegyc.png

Why bother with walls? Why not dig a 6-7ft ditch around the place, then put a set of 3ft high pallisades on the inside of it facing out, with more palisades in the ditch itself?

In the event of a zombie invasion, they fall into the ditch and are impaled, therefore trapped. Eventually, the zombie piles would grow high enough for them to use it as a bridge. But since zombies cannot jump or climb, they run right into the palisade, and create a wall of zombies where the zombie bridge is.

*Sigh* We've gone through this once before. What's the point of having palisades? Sure, they might [bleep]e the zombies, but they won't kill them. With walls we have no worries at all, the zombies will have no chance at all of climbing over them, plus if we have guards with rifles at the top then those zombies will be downed within minutes.

But it would take weeks or even months to build walls high and wide enough to keep zombies out of a large area.

How about combining them? Short-term, pits with [bleep]es, barbwire and other such items of death and doom and whatnot, and long-term a wall with armed men.

But it would take weeks or even months to build walls high and wide enough to keep zombies out of a large area.

How about combining them? Short-term, pits with [bleep]es, barbwire and other such items of death and doom and whatnot, and long-term a wall with armed men.

Best idea yet.

ezegyc.png

Palisades have always been intended to last only as long as it takes to build a proper wall.Like in AoE II.Palisades never made your full walling,because they were so easily crushable by 3 men-at-arms swinging swords.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

As requested

Fadooda -

zuqoh5.png

[img=http://i40.tinypic.com/zuqoh5.png]

Roccodog-

2s7azk7.png

[img=http://i44.tinypic.com/2s7azk7.png]

----------------

Listening to: Killswitch Engage - My Curse

With the palisades, you say that if they get impaled they wont die, but if they fell into a pit of palisades, I'm almost sure one would get lodged into the brain.

Then again, why not just ditches full of alligators or piranhas or something that would eat the zombies...that way there is no problem with cleaning the pits out.

2Xeo5.png

With the palisades, you say that if they get impaled they wont die, but if they fell into a pit of palisades, I'm almost sure one would get lodged into the brain.

Then again, why not just ditches full of alligators or piranhas or something that would eat the zombies...that way there is no problem with cleaning the pits out.

All animals reject solanum infected meat, so basically that plan fails. Besides, if an animal actually did eat some zombie flesh they would die, zombie flesh is highly poisonous.

ezegyc.png

^I'm sorry to seem demanding, and I should've mentioned this in my request, but can you please replace Fadooda with Fool? I really hate choosing that name long ago lol

No problem at all, the page took longer to load then for me to fix it up ::'

2eg775y.png

[img=http://i43.tinypic.com/2eg775y.png]

I'll make a similar signature in the morning, for now I shall sleep

EDIT:I mean one in general, people can ask for personalised ones if they wish

----------------

Listening to: Linkin Park - In Pieces

^Thanks Mage :)

Hmm, about the short term pallisades and such, assuming we have water, can zombies swim? I don't think they can, so I think it would be a good idea to make the ditch, fill it with water, and if they somehow can swim, blocking the ditch with water with [bleep]es. If you don't really understand what I mean:

tzdf[bleep]es.png

Although a man-made ditch would probably not be deep enough, so this would only be a viable solution at some kind of river, where the current could help us clean out the zombies.

can I get a pic with cannibal written on it please?

as a thought, when we make walls will they be vertical walls or will we have them lean outward to make it harder to climb?

edit--wrote my rs name instead of name on here on accident.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

can I get a pic with yaku written on it please?

as a thought, when we make walls will they be vertical walls or will we have them lean outward to make it harder to climb?

a 20 foot vertical wall is compleatly impassable from zombies.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

can I get a pic with yaku written on it please?

a 20 foot vertical wall is compleatly impassable from zombies.

By my limited knowledge of imperial - metric, 20 ft = 20 * 30cm = 600cm, which is 6m.

6m is about the length of 3 basketballplayers standing on eachothers head, and building such a thing would take way too long. But then again, building a leaning wall will have challenges of itself, like keeping it standing after being attacked. We'd probably have to reinforce it from our side, but I like the leaning idea more then the 6m wall.