Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

Oil rigs are interesting, excluding accidents it would be a decent to good choice.

Oil tanker was my original idea, posted back Zombie Jesus knows how long ago. It was still my plan until a few months ago. Think about it; out at sea, no zombies. You'd be accepted into pretty much every major port as long as they at least think you have oil on board in order to resupply. Crew is the only problem.

how many people would it take to man an oil rig if we dont have to worry about actually having full tanks of oil?

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil rigs are interesting, excluding accidents it would be a decent to good choice.

Oil tanker was my original idea, posted back Zombie Jesus knows how long ago. It was still my plan until a few months ago. Think about it; out at sea, no zombies. You'd be accepted into pretty much every major port as long as they at least think you have oil on board in order to resupply. Crew is the only problem.

how many people would it take to man an oil rig if we dont have to worry about actually having full tanks of oil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_platform#Crew

Hail Wiki. The only problem is normal people can't just go up and be the OTL out of nowhere. We need to learn how to keep the thing functional before setting up shop.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Hail Wiki. The only problem is normal people can't just go up and be the OTL out of nowhere. We need to learn how to keep the thing functional before setting up shop.

I wasn't thinking about actually keeping it running, just using it as free space.

Think about it, these things are massive, and its in the sea, so you don't really need oil power, solar and wave power should really be enough.

I was more thinking about using it as living space, able to sustain around 120 or so people.

2Xeo5.png

I wasn't thinking about actually keeping it running, just using it as free space.

Think about it, these things are massive, and its in the sea, so you don't really need oil power, solar and wave power should really be enough.

I was more thinking about using it as living space, able to sustain around 120 or so people.

Think about it like this. If we can keep it functional then we'll be the only people in the world producing oil! When the apocalypse is over, and if money still has any value, we'll be rich! =3

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I can join the zombie party. I can shoot a bullseye for 250 feet with a riffle. But seriously. burn the zombies.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Here's another thing I was thinking about earlier. The part that worries me the most about a zombie pandemic (or epidemic. could go either way) is the start. Before the mass media and all catches on and it starts making the news, if someone/something is stumbling towards you, you can't just pull out a pistol and shoot them in the head. There's a good chance they're not a zombie. So, here are some ways I thought of/stole from max brooks to tell.

Flashlight/blink method: Back up a few steps, and wait. If it blinks, it's human. If it doesn't, it's not. Zombies don't blink. If it's dark, shine the light in it's eyes. If it's human, it would blink.

Reflex test: Grab a long object, like a stick, or a chair, or something, and poke at it. If you lunge at a human with something, they're gonna try to block, or atleast move out of the way, almost definitely.

Blood test: This is a last resort. Somehow cut it. If it bleeds, it's human. if it it's like a black goo, it's not.

Use a marshmallow gun or something, seriously. Humans would at least flinch. Or fake throwing something at them, or just trying to talk to them. If they follow you and start moaning, bust out the .45

Here's another thing I was thinking about earlier. The part that worries me the most about a zombie pandemic (or epidemic. could go either way) is the start. Before the mass media and all catches on and it starts making the news, if someone/something is stumbling towards you, you can't just pull out a pistol and shoot them in the head. There's a good chance they're not a zombie. So, here are some ways I thought of/stole from max brooks to tell.

Flashlight/blink method: Back up a few steps, and wait. If it blinks, it's human. If it doesn't, it's not. Zombies don't blink. If it's dark, shine the light in it's eyes. If it's human, it would blink.

Reflex test: Grab a long object, like a stick, or a chair, or something, and poke at it. If you lunge at a human with something, they're gonna try to block, or atleast move out of the way, almost definitely.

Blood test: This is a last resort. Somehow cut it. If it bleeds, it's human. if it it's like a black goo, it's not.

To expand on the eye thing the longer a body has been a zombie the worse vision it will have. Blinking serves the purpose of keeping our eyes moist and clear of dust, so when they don't blink their eyes get destroyed. It also means their eyes will look weird after a while.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I can join the zombie party. I can shoot a bullseye for 250 feet with a riffle. But seriously. burn the zombies.

Sweet, we've got another marksman \'.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Sweet, we've got another marksman \'.

250 feet is less than 100m?Wait,whats your grouping for that?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'm not sure I should have mentioned before, but I am a bit of a seasoned knife thrower, can stick a bullseye from 20 paces and still kill you from 50.

I'm also not sure if I should throw this out there, but I can actually hit three targets in one throw, but only so long as I'm drunk :lol:

Don't ask me how haha.

I like stir fry

Protoguy.png

protoguy.png

What about natural disaster such as hurricanes? If one hits, we're screwed.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

The chances of that are slim, but we'd need to have a tornado shelter and seeing as we wouldn't be near the coast, hurricanes aren't a threat. Earthquakes could be disastorous, but it's not like the majority of us live in earthquake-proof homes. No doubt we'd have to move if our food supply was knocked out, though.

Oh, another thing. Someone needs to make a TZDF user bar.

We need to begin to concrete our plans...

I think it unanimous that we need to be on a large-ish island.

And the post w/ all the maps is a good looking isle.

And I assume we'll pretty much be our own country, besides the fact of holding back a horde of zombies, how about forming a government/laws?

I'll quite happily work in a our "nation"'s supreme (only) court. :D

~Knotch

On it.

Someone make me a list of what all titles I'm throwing together?

Leader: Me.

Crazed gun wielding zombie killer: Mrmegakirby

Sniper: Dragoonson

Driver: Mage_man0103

Guy who can use a sledgehammer:

Time bomb pack mule: Purfishx

Guy looking for cure:

Smart quiet guy who ends up going crazy: Mmmcannibalism

Hot female of child bearing age:

Cool guy in leather jacket who smokes a cigarette whenever something blows up: Lenticular_J

Guy who scavenges for supplies: Riku3220

Quiet guy who is most likely to get the most amusement from shooting zombies: Sworddude198

Frontlines man: Roccodog25

Uber awesome girl who knows many different things that will save us: Doomsavenger

Mechanic: Skull_Emblem

Those are titles, remove usernames after them.

Untitled-1.jpg

How does this look? Granted I still have to polish it up, but I've got to go to work lol. <.<

Looks good :D

The text would go in the center, right?

The chances of that are slim, but we'd need to have a tornado shelter and seeing as we wouldn't be near the coast, hurricanes aren't a threat. Earthquakes could be disastorous, but it's not like the majority of us live in earthquake-proof homes. No doubt we'd have to move if our food supply was knocked out, though.

Another thing about the place I posted about in detail before: No hurricanes, ever, the biggest earthquake you could get is barely enough to knock something a few inches off a shelf. Worst thing you have to worry about is blizzards, but, if you have a shelter and enough wood stored, or some other means of heating, you'd be fine. It's not like we'd be driving around in cars anyway, it would be too dangerous during the winter, since without plows and the like, the roads would be hell. But with snowshoes, or cross country skis, getting around wouldn't be hard.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Fool, you could be the court jester. :P

I'm kidding, but anyone with experience/passion for law/government could work with me and help create a system for our island.

~Knotch

Can't I do both? :P

So... What would this last thing include?

Fool, you could be the court jester. :P

I'm kidding, but anyone with experience/passion for law/government could work with me and help create a system for our island.

~Knotch

Can't I do both? :P

So... What would this last thing include?

Just come up with a position an propose it and see what the general consensus is. :P

I had time, and was bored. :D

k3kwf6.png

http://i44.tinypic.com/k3kwf6.png

What do you think? :D

~Knotch

Edit: Ignore the double post, they were two different ideas. :)

Not bad at all! Now, can i get one? ;).

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.