Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

Almost all zombies would end up being like that, by your logic. Unless the zombie literally bites through your neck, it would be hard for it to kill you. This is how most people would be infected:

A zombie sneaks up on them, or overpowers them, bites them, the person ends up escaping or killing the zombie, and runs away. They're still infected, but they wouldn't die of natural causes from the bites.

The virus shuts down most of the bodies functions, destroys parts of the brain, and then rebuilds the brain. Or something like that.

About 12 (?) hour after you're bit, you go into a coma, 23 hours in your heart stops, 24, you're back up.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, then if your're not a zombie for around 24 hours after a bite...So basically for the 24 hours after you got bitten your weak, un able to run and have zombies biting and clawing at you? Swell. I suppose we should carry around methods of suicide now.

Ok, Im bored, so I'm going to make a long boring, dull plan.

First week:

Round up all of the TZDF and go to my house for planning. And yes, this means 24-hour xbox party. Providing nobody wants to play xbox ( :cry: ) we begin to supply. I say we all go to the local sports store and each grab a bike and a knapsack.

Supplys we bring:

Utility knife (each person)

6 spare tires (one person)

Bicycle pump (one person)

Fire arm, 250 rounds, silencer (each)

side arm, silencer, 100 rounds (each)

Bank card (hey, it's small, and we might get lucky and run into some fool who still wants money)

Axe (two people)

Medicine kit (each person)

GPS (each person)

Radio kit (one person)

Wireless walkie talkies (each person carries one, with a spare set of batteries

Flash Light (each person)

Plastic Canteen (each)

3 Shovels

Packet of seeds x 3 (each)

Enough tents to hold us all.

And some sort of light food.

Oh, almost forgot.

Pack of cigars for our guy who smokes cigars everytime he sees something explode...

And a gatling gun for yours truly.

Now, the plan.

Escaping

Ride our bikes through the forests. The nice part about bikes, is that if they get stuck, we can just carry them. And if, for whatever reason, we don't need/can't use them, we can just ditch them. Anyways. So, I have a route planned out. Basically, we avoid all communities and just ride through the forests. We should "surface" once a month to re supply, preferably in a small town/ghost town. Anyways. Assuming we make decent progress, we should be in a large forest by the end of the month. I think we should use a forest, as there are lots of bodies of water, and most are pretty far from civilation.

Building a town

First, we want to find a high up, flat area. Using our axes, we clearcut a large area, around 2 km by 2 km. This will take awhile, however we are in no hurry. Once we've clearcutted, we will have to dig up the stumps. After we have a large flat ground, we build shelters made out of, you guessed it, gold wood. After we do this, dig a ditch around the shelter. It should be around 5 feet wide and 7 feet deep, to prevent zombies from crawling out. Every day we would check the ditch for any zombies.

Surviving

Plant seeds. We clearcut alot of land, so if we spare some of it for farming, thats a nice supply of food, plus wildlife for protien. We would have a river running by for water, with some sort of river running by for water.

Feel free to pick it apart. :lol:

Am I allowed to say no-life RS things?

If so :[hide=]*rubs hands together* well, good thing we've been training our smithing![/hide]

Sure, lets bang away at bars of metal with a hammer to fashion weapons.

Despite it being totally unrealistic and wouldn't do more than create a few dents/scratches in the metal. True blacksmithing takes alot more work.

I know, that was sarcasm #-o .

What about this?

Most zombies end up like Romero zombies, but in some cases when a person is heavily infected but the injuries aren't life threatening, they turn without dieing, a living human with the mind of a zombie, but since they haven't died, they can run. Most victims die, but about 1 in every 100 zombies is one of these, called a "runner". They can also die from body shots but have a high threshold of pain.

What do we do about them? Surely there would be a few of these mixed in with the big crowds.

Solanum has a 100% kill rate.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

What about this?

Most zombies end up like Romero zombies, but in some cases when a person is heavily infected but the injuries aren't life threatening, they turn without dieing, a living human with the mind of a zombie, but since they haven't died, they can run. Most victims die, but about 1 in every 100 zombies is one of these, called a "runner". They can also die from body shots but have a high threshold of pain.

What do we do about them? Surely there would be a few of these mixed in with the big crowds.

Solanum has a 100% kill rate.

*edit* I will now look like a fool for double posting.

he was speaking hypothetically

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

There's no need to double post, qu168, let alone triple post! Please don't make a new post for every quote you reply to, and instead try and include them all in a single post.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Pack of cigars for our guy who smokes cigars everytime he sees something explode...

I will be this man. Also, I'll need it for after I [bleep] in my pants after seeing the explosion. You know how it goes.

Cyanide is the more cliched method. We should use that. Or our service pistols.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

you dont really need to carry around suicide methods, if we have weapons we have a method(or the classic jump off a cliff).

Shooting yourself is:

1: A waste of ammo

2: Harder for someone to do than bite down on a pill

3: A loud noise. Unless it's silenced. But honestly, try to get a silencer. It's a lot harder that you would think. And unless your brain was destroyed when you jumped off the cliff, you'd still come back.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Who cares if your wasting ammo if your about to die :|

Your friend who isn't.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Who cares if your wasting ammo if your about to die :|

Your friend who isn't.

So your friend is going to loot a dead, decaying corpse infected with solanum surrounded by zombies? Trust me, if there's more then 2 zombies he's going to run.

Again, getting bit doesn't mean there's tons of zombies. Zombies are easy to kill, they're slow. But, let's say you're walking through a field, with tall grass. A zombie, who happens to have lost it's legs in past combat (Let's say it walked over a land mine). It's dragging itself through the field, and you happen to walk by it. It bites your ankle. You shoot it in the head. And as for looting a corpse, it's not like you would have to off yourself as soon as you were bitten. You would have 12-16 hours before you were put into a coma by the virus. You could give all your supplies to the rest of your group.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

you dont really need to carry around suicide methods, if we have weapons we have a method(or the classic jump off a cliff).

Shooting yourself is:

1: A waste of ammo

2: Harder for someone to do than bite down on a pill

3: A loud noise. Unless it's silenced. But honestly, try to get a silencer. It's a lot harder that you would think. And unless your brain was destroyed when you jumped off the cliff, you'd still come back.

solanum won't infect you if you kill yourself quickly, and there are plenty of ways to ensure your death destroys the brain; jumping off a cliff especially head first will do enough damage to the body that your zombie wont matter. If you have someone with the grit for it they could just decapitate you with a sword but that is a bit gruesome.

awteno.jpg

Again, getting bit doesn't mean there's tons of zombies. Zombies are easy to kill, they're slow. But, let's say you're walking through a field, with tall grass. A zombie, who happens to have lost it's legs in past combat (Let's say it walked over a land mine). It's dragging itself through the field, and you happen to walk by it. It bites your ankle. You shoot it in the head. And as for looting a corpse, it's not like you would have to off yourself as soon as you were bitten. You would have 12-16 hours before you were put into a coma by the virus. You could give all your supplies to the rest of your group.
I get the feeling you've read World War Z? Just pretty much everything you've said is mentioned in the book.

For anyone that hasn't read the book, reeeeead it, it's by Max Brooks and its very good, it's being released as a film next year.

sig5235ro7.jpg

I get the feeling you've read World War Z? Just pretty much everything you've said is mentioned in the book.

For anyone that hasn't read the book, reeeeead it, it's by Max Brooks and its very good, it's being released as a film next year.

thats going to be the greatest movie EVER!!! :shock:

awteno.jpg

thats going to be the greatest movie EVER!!! :shock:

Worldwarzconceptart.jpg

Concept art of the movie I believe... pretty sure you can guess which part of the book it's from.

sig5235ro7.jpg

There are kinds of people in the world, those who have a plan when zombies take over the world, and those who don't. We like to call those last few lunch.

I'm almost 100% sure this has been pointed out before, but if it hasn't,

"There's two kinds of people in the world, doc: those who have a plan prepared for when zombies take over the earth, and those who don't. We call those last people dinner."

You quoted it incorrectly. :P

There are kinds of people in the world, those who have a plan when zombies take over the world, and those who don't. We like to call those last few lunch.

"There's two kinds of people in the world, doc: those who have a plan prepared for when zombies take over the earth, and those who don't. We call those last people dinner."

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't."

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't."

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't.

I'm hungry pureprayer. make me fooooood.

How fast does solanum spread? Becuase, say if you are bitten in the arm...What if you amputate that arm? Would that prevent it from spreading? I suppose it would spread as fast as you blood moves...?

I've read it far too many times, haha.

How fast does solanum spread? Becuase, say if you are bitten in the arm...What if you amputate that arm? Would that prevent it from spreading? I suppose it would spread as fast as you blood moves...?

Blood goes through your body pretty damn fast, so I doubt it. But if you were bitten somewhere where there weren't any major blood vessels, and you acted quickly, you might have a chance. I suppose if you were going to die anyway, amputation might be a good thing to try.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'm hungry pureprayer. make me fooooood.

tall-hamburger.jpg

We'll need it for the zombies.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Blood goes through your body pretty damn fast, so I doubt it. But if you were bitten somewhere where there weren't any major blood vessels, and you acted quickly, you might have a chance. I suppose if you were going to die anyway, amputation might be a good thing to try.

So we amputate them and find a way to contain them until we are certain they prove no threat and are therefore free from the virus.

However, what use would someone who has lost an arm really be? Or a leg (granted, we can prepare and have a few wheelchairs).

However, I suppose they would be valuable when society is reformed, as they can pass on their knowledge more.

Hell, they could even be used to cook food, and help in construction rather than defend. Looks like I answered myself -.-.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198