Addressing the Woodcutting Bot Problem: Wield Your Axe

lordkafei

Simply change it so that you must wield your axe in order to woodcut.

This adds a combat component to the woodcut equation and solves the problem of banned botters creating new accounts and instantly coming back.

It also makes low level woodcutting bots less profitable. If you go to cut yews with a bronze axe, your rate of return is much less than if you use rune.

It is patently ridiculous to allow access to the best tools woodcutting has to offer as soon as you step off the boat from Tutorial Island (EDIT - Yes, I realize that the dragon axe is arguably the best. But as for widespread use, the rune axe is king.)

If you are level-3, then you should be forced to use a bronze axe to do your woodcutting.

I don't claim to be the person who came up with this idea, but it is a good one and deserves consideration.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Well, the general answer to skillers and pures when they complain is that if you deliberately ignore part of the game, you can expect part of the game to deliberately ignore you.

Although I forsee a LOT of complaints if this goes through. You could just respond that most of the fun in a skiller is the challenge of doing it with such a low combat level. Well, now you have the additional challenge of crappy equipment!

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

NO.

Please consider the skillers. I wouldn't like it if I couldn't woodcut with a good axe just because my combat level was low. RuneScape is meant to be a game where you can choose your own path and destiny. If this gets implemented, players would need to follow down a marked path to increase their combat before they could even use a good woodcutting axe.

If this gets into the game, Jagex will also need to ensure that the same is put in place for all of the other non-combat skills. I would be extremely -BLEEP- off if I don't get allowed to runecraft 5x air runes if my combat "isn't high enough".

Thus, I whole-heartedly oppose this suggestion.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

The fact is, bots would start autoing combat taking up monsters etc. It is a good thought but unfortunately would not solve the problem.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Also, there are the autoers that simply use steel axes etc, look for them, there are plenty around...5 atk isn't much to get.

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Hmmm, a pretty good idea! With this, you'd see many skillers ranting, rioting, and quiting, but I personally don't care much. I think overall, mostly everyone would be happier if this happened, and the skillers may not realize it, but it would benefit them in the long run. With less bots, prices should go up, i won't pretend to be an economy expert, but...

I say send it in to Jagex and keep your fingers crossed! I know I will, It sounds like a good idea, at the expense of afew skiller's happiness. Maybe you can make this requirement only F2P, since the majority of bots are F2P. The only problem with it is that some autoers will just use iron and bronze axes, but it'll slow em down...

I support!

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

It's not too hard for a bot to get 40 attack is the only problem.

Good idea though.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Hell no. /looks at RSN

Go to the Varrock yews behind the castle and guess what? You'll see level 40 macroers all wearing air staffs.

BEING LEVEL 3 IS NOT THE PROBLEM. The problem simply is that macroers exist.

Horrible suggestion just like all the other suggesting "screw skiller"

I'm passionate on advocating the right that I have to be a skiller and have almost all of the advantages of someone with combat. Sure there are plenty of exceptions, but there's no reason you can't tolerate level 3s.

I'm glad that you like looking for solutions tothe macroer problem, but this simply won't work. If this were implemented, autoers would just slaughter men in Lumbridge for a couple hours and then use mith or addy, if not just going all the way to rune. All that would happen, is you'd start seeing level 20 (or whatever) autoers instead of level 3.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

yeah, think of all the skillers... i think that this wouldn't really kill off the bots, as they are normally eqqipped with a program whish would just get anohter =axe if theirs breaks...

ive seen loads and loads of bots that are only using iron axes... the people that would have made the bots would just modify them to suit the new update, and the bots would only use iron axes...

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

Well, the general answer to skillers and pures when they complain is that if you deliberately ignore part of the game, you can expect part of the game to deliberately ignore you.

^True that \' I would put it in my siggy, if I did stuff like that

Although I forsee a LOT of complaints if this goes through. You could just respond that most of the fun in a skiller is the challenge of doing it with such a low combat level. Well, now you have the additional challenge of crappy equipment!

Made me Lol.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

But yeah, I support. Not that I don't care about skillers, but this is worth it.

Jagex killed staking pures for a stupid reason.

Sacrificing the skiller pures for this update is definitely worth the trade-off. It would be a strong blow against the autoers, just like the infinite stock.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

But yeah, I support. Not that I don't care about skillers, but this is worth it.

Sacrificing the skiller pures for this update is definitely worth the trade-off. It would be a strong blow against the autoers, just like the infinite stock.

no it wouldn't be worth it. And its not hard to get 40 attack, people would just have the autoers train attack to 40 then have them cut trees.

And if you don't believe there are high level autoers, then go to the green dragons and wait.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

no it wouldn't be worth it. And its not hard to get 40 attack, people would just have the autoers train attack to 40 then have them cut trees.

And if you don't believe there are high level autoers, then go to the green dragons and wait.

It would have more of an impact than the staking cap which stopped like 1% of the RWTers. And the bots still have to take time to get to 40 attack.

And time lost for the macroers is supplies lost for the RWTers. It wouldn't surprise me if Jagex did that. I encourage them to do it, though.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

This definitely deserves consideration.

The one and only downside that I can see with this is skillers, as you said.

And low level training spots being hogged by more ambitious macros.

Well said. You skill? You now also deal with the crap lv 3's that dont drop trade go through.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.