Summoning - How Are You Preparing?

Harrington

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Ive just came back online after a huge lay off of a good few months to the delight that a new skill is coming out, i'll just look for hints in the dev diaries of anything that looks like it should be collected and collect it, although im hoping to get as far as possible on my 99 attack goal before hand, if not, I ll collect stuff afterwards and buy a fair few things id imagine, ive set aside a couple of mill that im willing to blow on the skill when it comes out if needed

sigcopy.png

Well, I've done a few things. First I stocked up on Vulture Eggs. Secondly, I did the Rum Deal quest, and got a few Karamthulhu (the sinister squid). I even got a few fishbowls setup for my squids. ::'

I've also thrown on a Lucky Rabbit's foot, and started off with some wcing. Only 5 nests so far, but none yielded any eggs. Ohh well, I'll keep at it.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

got 15 of each coloured egg(no ravens egg)

got 200 chickens eggs

got 200 monkey nuts(seems like these could be used to summon monkeys)

200 eyes of newts(surplus for possible newt summons)

200 fishbows(someone mentioned it earlier)

plenty of super energys for the whole lot of running around ill be doing fratically leveling the skill.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Well if i was still playing...

I would be buying rune essence.

I would be stocking up on cash.

I would be buying food (for using summons against other monsters)

Expecting skill related animals to give xp multipliers. For example tuna normally gives 100 cooking xp. But using a baby green dragon (lvl 60 summoning) to cook it, you get a 1.2x multiplyer so you get 120 xp. A lvl 90 baby black dragon however may give a 1.5x multiplyer.

Also if i didn't already have 30m hunter xp, i'd max hunter.

And i'd max hp, to make training more efficient.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I have my Kingdom all set up, I have almost 1k normal eggs, and atm I'm killing vultures. I plan to get some Karamthulu, and maybe WC a little.

Oh, and somehow make money.

wow 1k eggs :shock:

do vultures drop new eggs?

on topic:

i wil train my hunter and wc :)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

thx you very much m8 and mery christmas <3:

*runs of killing vultures liek crazy exsterminating the speceis*

99melee.jpg

The way I figure it, the easiest (and best) way to prepare is to do the following three things.

1. Make sure you have plenty of time to explore the full potential of this skill. Logging in at the library ain't gonna cut it, nor will logging in while you have a sink full of dirty dishes.

2. Make sure that you have whatever goals you may have out of the way [enough] for you to experiment with this skill. Nothing breaks up your fun more than knowing you didn't finish something when you had the time to. [December looks like it's going to be pretty quiet, so take your thirty day 'vacation' while you still can.]

3. Earn as much money as you can. Chances are that this skill might not involve any existing items (such as Hunter -- only incorporated maybe four or so items that existed), so gathering large amounts of things like essence, runes, and other things might prove to be too risky in the end.

I recall a horror story regarding the "Farming" skill's release -- players thought if they stocked up on seeds that they would be able to power their way to 99. Same with Construction; tiles were being collected in such massive numbers, and then the update hit and they were absolutely worthless.

Be careful. Only thing that could help (if at all) would be just money. That kind of resource proves near universal when talking about skills.

The best post so far. I can't see anything from hunter at the moment helping in summoning. So i'm just keeping my monies

213360.png

i'm preparing by waiting for it and seeing what happens :-$

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

I'm preparing by...

Drawing ideas for the cape?

Oh well, I just wanted to show this...

summoningcape2ua1.png

I made it myself.

meybe a bit smaller symbol :lol: :roll:

look very nice though =D>

99melee.jpg

Things i collected so far :

Monkey Bones

Fishbowls

karamthulhu's

Vulture Eggs

Bird Eggs

Bat Bones

Monkey Bones

Wolf Bones

Wolf Fur

Turtoise Shells

Edit : I'm currently Woodcutting for a Raven Egg.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.