Summoning - How Are You Preparing?

Harrington

the only thing i did was completing varroc museum and almost all of the achievment diary but without (!!!) taking the rewards (yea,you cant bank those).

Hopefully, if Jagex wont put any first week/month restrictions (though i have the feeling they will) it will give me a nice 26k start :wink:

Tears of Guthix, Lamps(except genie lamps) would not give any xp for summoning for the first 2 weeks just like when hunter came out

thx for updating (i was on a break when hunter came out).

Basically, i dont mind waiting few more weeks with the lamps,26k can be a nice boost at any level < 60, i just hope they will be clear about this issue....

Hehe i saved the 2 & 3th reward from Karamja, Jagex is smart enough to not let them be used in the first weeks, but still, it's like 15k xp :), and if it's not such a fast skill, well then it can help.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a better idea, everyone put their house in talvery and keep and teletab to their house on them at all times and just click it when the update happens. Games Necklace also works if you teleport to burthrope game room and run south. Just a few suggestions.

I have over a mil in MTK for the rest of my Runescape lifetime, bird eggs ftw.

Went to vultures and got 9 eggs, and I'm not worrying about karamuthu or however you spell it until after the update.

i only did a very small bit of preparing, got 1 vulture egg and 1 of those soon to be fishbowl monsters. And im now standing in that dwarfes house just before the members gate so that when the quest is released i can start without the fear that i get teleÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôd to lum like i heard they do if you stand on the spot of a graphical update. Ofcourse with a inv filled with questing stuf like a bow, mellee outfit, food, anti pots, stuf like hammers and knifes and thats about it. no big preperations

i'm stocking up on blood and soul runes....mostly bloods.

why? they're at the lowest price they can possibly be...330 each. if they're in high demand there's a lot of room for them to climb. the store asks for 550 each...no1's really been buying bloods because of no pking and no staking...life time supply of them wouldn't be bad either..

so yeah...bloods because IMO blood, nature, and soul runes will be primarily used to summon creatures.

iunno how else we'd do it :-k

plan on turning a huge profit with it...and if they're not used? hell...i didn't lose anything b/c the store pays 330 each lol

Well as Ive seen a leaked image of every summoning monster I will be stocking up on these items:

1) Turtule shells- there will be turtles

2) Mosquito proboscisis- there is a mosquito looking creature

3) Pot lids and pots

If you would like the link to every summoning monster pm me.

Well, I had a few concerns....

1) nest eggs..uhoh, only had a total of 6 colored eggs from wcing to 97 over the years......hmmmm reading tipit forums I find out that most ppl with high numbers of eggs got them from MTK. So off I went to do that quest....done and threw in 7 mil gp to kick it off...so far in only 2 weeks....got 5 eggs from it. woot...also went back to wcing, got 2 raven eggs and a couple more colored...and 98 wc woohoo.

2) I was worried there would be pre requisite quests required for the wolf whistle, or any other sumon related quests. Being a long term, self admitted quest hater, I took a look at my quest points when all the summoning info came out...hmmm only 201, :oops: so I powered through all the quests, *huggz tipit quest walkthrus* woot, 6 days later 250 qps and a new cape <3:

3) hmmm found out that hunter and summon will be like mining and smithing...uhoh, i said id never train that....*peeks at lev* oh god, its 16 from tears....runs to hunter, 3 days later 73, still not good, but should be enough to start it up.

4) grabbed 10 vulture eggs in 20 mins, and slapped around the undead pirate things for 4 pink squids.

sick of boxing up chins, I go back to wcing to try for eggs and work towards the next 99 skil cape along the way. I'll do some more hunter later as it is hands down the weakest lamest fastest skill to 99 in. to be able to 99 a skill in 2-3 weeks without being able to throw money at it (which i dont do anyway) is lame.

so thats where I am at so far.

:uhh:

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Well, I had a few concerns....

1) nest eggs..uhoh, only had a total of 6 colored eggs from wcing to 97 over the years......hmmmm reading tipit forums I find out that most ppl with high numbers of eggs got them from MTK. So off I went to do that quest....done and threw in 7 mil gp to kick it off...so far in only 2 weeks....got 5 eggs from it. woot...also went back to wcing, got 2 raven eggs and a couple more colored...and 98 wc woohoo.

2) I was worried there would be pre requisite quests required for the wolf whistle, or any other sumon related quests. Being a long term, self admitted quest hater, I took a look at my quest points when all the summoning info came out...hmmm only 201, :oops: so I powered through all the quests, *huggz tipit quest walkthrus* woot, 6 days later 250 qps and a new cape <3:

3) hmmm found out that hunter and summon will be like mining and smithing...uhoh, i said id never train that....*peeks at lev* oh god, its 16 from tears....runs to hunter, 3 days later 73, still not good, but should be enough to start it up.

4) grabbed 10 vulture eggs in 20 mins, and slapped around the undead pirate things for 4 pink squids.

sick of boxing up chins, I go back to wcing to try for eggs and work towards the next 99 skil cape along the way. I'll do some more hunter later as it is hands down the weakest lamest fastest skill to 99 in. to be able to 99 a skill in 2-3 weeks without being able to throw money at it (which i dont do anyway) is lame.

so thats where I am at so far.

:uhh:

Wow, i think you may have overkilled it with the questing, but nice raven eggs...

And you do know that 99 IS possible in 2-3 weeks, that is, if you play 24 hours a day, so good luck doing that and calling it easy

A skill that can net you 100k+ per hour exp without spending a dime is considered pretty easy.

As for me, I am reading the RS frontpage each time I log on in preparation - nothing else! I do have around 40 eggs from MTK in the bank, so hopefully they will come in handy :) Anything else required, I will gather along the way. I know I won't be in the running to get 99 summoning, so there is not a lot of point me trying to second guess what materials might give me a head start. For all we know, a proboscus could create a very lame critter that you might only need to make once, same for raven etc. I'd prefer to wait til it comes out, then see what I really need.

A skill that can net you 100k+ per hour exp without spending a dime is considered pretty easy.

As for me, I am reading the RS frontpage each time I log on in preparation - nothing else! I do have around 40 eggs from MTK in the bank, so hopefully they will come in handy :) Anything else required, I will gather along the way. I know I won't be in the running to get 99 summoning, so there is not a lot of point me trying to second guess what materials might give me a head start. For all we know, a proboscus could create a very lame critter that you might only need to make once, same for raven etc. I'd prefer to wait til it comes out, then see what I really need.

=D>

im not preparing since im f2p, and cant do anything lol and i think it would be easy 200m xp for the guys wanting it

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

im not preparing since im f2p, and cant do anything lol and i think it would be easy 200m xp for the guys wanting it

Jagex have stated that it will an expensive skill to train and a slow one ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ an easy 200M xp does not compute IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m afraid.

I am doing just a basic prep. I have 10 vulture eggs and will be wcing for a couple days in hopes of getting some different eggs.

Once summoning is released I'll go from there with the rest of the supplies. If it is a skill like hunting or mining where your xp is affected by other people also doing the skill, then I will continue collecting chompy hats until it quiets down.

Personally, I'm going to do what I did with construction:

Find out the raw materials as soon as I can, gather them en masse, then sell them to high levels who want to power level the skill and have millions of gp to throw around for what will be extremely over priced items.

Selling raw materials for 10x their value because some impatient-to-the-point-of-senseless player needed to get 99 first, ftw.

umm... no ur not. with the new trade limit, you won't be able to make a reasonable profit from selling them to other people. unless you plan on getting the quest cape, i doubt that you will get anything more than 500k profit from selling your goods. unfair...

also, i was preparing for summoning by getting ready moneywise by getting full rune t and then selling it in the grand exchange. that made me 1m. :D good enough to get a reasonable summoning level.

but then i found out that summoning was p2p. and i went off and had a sulk. :evil:

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

To be honest, i'm not preparing.

My two goals since rsc has been to get 111 combat (110 currently) and 85 mining (83, 100k til 84).

And those are which im focusing atm on.

Call me stupid for not taking advantage of summoning when it gets released and getting a cheap combat level. But i want to train it the old way.

After that, i will see what i choose to do...

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

im working on my hunting, its 70 and the moment but im trying to get it up, im also trying to save the cash i got from selling my robin, but with 70 range just around the corner i will most likely spend around 1 mill on blessed d hide ::' o and i also might chop some willows to try to get some eggs but thats a big might. i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohnoes:

GESig.gif

Find out the raw materials as soon as I can, gather them en masse, then sell them to high levels who want to power level the skill and have millions of gp to throw around for what will be extremely over priced items.

Selling raw materials for 10x their value because some impatient-to-the-point-of-senseless player needed to get 99 first, ftw.

umm... no ur not. with the new trade limit, you won't be able to make a reasonable profit from selling them to other people. unless you plan on getting the quest cape, i doubt that you will get anything more than 500k profit from selling your goods. unfair...

New items won't have a price limitation by jagex for the first week or two of them existing to allow players to set their own prices.

New items won't have a price limitation by jagex for the first week or two of them existing to allow players to set their own prices.

Darkan, they will set limitations.

Jagex now have a hold on the market, it is possible for them to do with it what they want.

They dislike the way items are priced so highly. So they wont make them fair prices. :)

davidmcc69.png

davidmcc69.png

davidmcc69.png

davidmcc69.png

Why can't people understand that summoning will NOT be to hunter what smithing is to mining...It was an idea they had but they removed it.

Also life runes WILL NOT BE CREATED. Another idea they had, so stop wasting your money buying pure ess and training hunter, if it's just for summoning <.<

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

[hide=quote train]

[/hide]

Darkan, they will set limitations.

Jagex now have a hold on the market, it is possible for them to do with it what they want.

They dislike the way items are priced so highly. So they wont make them fair prices. :)

Mod Mark said they would remove the price restrictions for all new items so people can make profits off the new items.

And like the poster above me said, those were just concepts (hunting-> summoning and life runes) that probably aren't incorporated into the skill now.

icecube7.jpeg