My nearly 100% correct theory. WE set summon prices =D

Rahila

EDIT: Well, to all of you whiners and complainers who hasseled me while I had this thread up saying "they would never do that your so dumb!" etc. GUESS WHAT! I WAS RIGHT!

Below is a post i made the day the BTS december came out, now was I right or was I right? Now, one thing I'm very dissapointed about is that we will not be able to set our own prices in summoning, and I feel like Jagex is restricting us greatly by not allowing us to sell items based on supply + demand. (many items will be in high demand when summoning comes AKA eggs...

Well, we have all read the December BTS, and I would bet a lot that my theory is right, but before a mod locks this, let me tell you what will happen next...(in the "BUT WAIT" section)

First off, I'm just going to put the peices together in a simplified manner.

Pieces

1. Jagex is battling RWT.

2. This and last months updates have been focused around stopping RWT.

3. A main method of RWT is intentional PKing.

4. Dangerous wildy monsters

5. Bounty hunter: dangerous PvP killing where the players get the opposing players loot.

6. Wildy gravestones (wtf?)

7. Clan wars...nuff said

Well, what is going to happen this month, is Jagex will introduce these 2 minigames, which is, in essence, controlled pking and clan wars, where the pkers do not get to choose who they will fight, but are rather assigned a victim. Jagex will claim that these minigames will fairly replace the PvP wilderness fighting FOR LOOT. There will still be PvP in the wild, but instead of the player who is killed dropping their loot, they will simply create a gravestone. So what will make the wildy dangerous anymore? I'll tell you, jagex will throw in a few high level "spiritual" monsters here and there and call it a day.

With this in effect, RWT's will not be able to fight the person they want to trade with (unless very randomly chosen in the bounty hunter minigame), and therefore jagex will come one step closer to eliminating RWT's.

I am also speculating that these 2 minigames will be available to F2P players as well...

[hide=BUT WAIT!]BUT WAIT!

I was speculating this update earlier, and i thought of a way that RWT WILL still be able to trade once the wild is no more.

All a RWT has to do, is go to a semi-dangerous monster and die with they're goods right next to the person to whom they wish to trade with.

So, what will jagex do? Perhaps they will add gravestones to anywhere in the world if a player dies, but i can almost assure you that in the future, when a player dies, no one will be able to pick up his loot...so say goodbye to getting your items back if you die at a boss monster with your friends there...[/hide]

EDIT: The one plus side i see to this is that RC PKing may be eliminated, but what would be the purpose of that! why would we get something good out of this?! To make RCing through the abyss harder, jagex will probly place a "spiritual Jad", a "spiritual Daganeth king" and a "spiritual Kree'arra" right outside of the abyss. <.<

So, call me crazy, but i'd bet a lot of gold that i'm 90% correct with my theory, and please before a mod locks this for speculating about this month, READ THE "BUT WAIT" part, because this thread's speculation goes beyond just this months updates.

I may have left some evidence out because there is just so much of it, but please, tell me what you think of this.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculation does nothing but puzzle everyone.

For the sake of our sanity, PLEASE, wait for the damn updates!

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

A lot of people are speculating about this. We'll see.

I personally think the wilderness right now is such a disaster that it would be very difficult for Jagex to make it worse. Getting rid of the "death penalty" (losing items) would probably improve the wild substantially, drawing in many of the people who never go in now for fear of losing items. It would also get rid of PJers, looters and other people who have no business even being there.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I think this might be true. but I hope not, ruining many aspects of what runescape the very game we all love :cry:

p.s-visit rahila's 99 theiving thread, gl m8!

118 combat

99 construction, hunter, firemaking,woodcutting, cooking

,fletching

Sara Drops:1x hilt 1x SS

Arma Drops:1x Hilt

Rex Drops:7x D axe 3x Beserker ring 2x Warrior ring

Dragon Drops:1x Chain

Tell me that when the majority of my theory is correct.

Did you just tell me that you think your theory is incorrect?

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I agree with wild goat. Everyone's jumping to conclusions when Jagex hasn't done anything except release a new mini-game.

They haven't even released it yet lol. Pretty much the whole of general is full of speculation threads and GE threads.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I think that gravestones probably WILL give the dead person's loot however, it will track what was dropped and who picked it up. They couldn't track the normal way items were dropped on the ground so by simply implementing this, RWT won't use the wild anymore to sell their gold as it will be detectable.

You are WRONG! The bounty hunter mini game WILL NOT take place in the wildy...jsut wait for the update and stop speculating...

You are WRONG! The bounty hunter mini game WILL NOT take place in the wildy...jsut wait for the update and stop speculating...

I'm not saying I'm 100% right, and I'm not saying I'm wrong, but you have NO WAY of knowing for sure that i am wrong, so don't acuse me until you have proof that i am.

You and Rahila need to relise you can both be incorrect. While its a good theory, remember its just a theory and not fact.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I want to know what makes you think that the bounty hunter mini game will be a high risk game. We know nothing of this update and all that speculation causes is more questions. I'm going to say that BH will be a safe mini game, but my guess is as good as yours. Just wait until later this week (most likely tomorrow) to see what BH is like.

I really think that this forum needs a speculation sub forum so general won't be so clogged with these kinds of threads.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

I want to know what makes you think that the bounty hunter mini game will be a high risk game. We know nothing of this update and all that speculation causes is more questions. I'm going to say that BH will be a safe mini game, but my guess is as good as yours. Just wait until later this week (most likely tomorrow) to see what BH is like.

I really think that this forum needs a speculation sub forum so general won't be so clogged with these kinds of threads.

The BTS specifially states that this minigame will be dangerous and that players will be able to take other players loot.

seriously, and if you hate the game or the updates quit and dont come back.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

seriously, and if you hate the game or the updates quit and dont come back.

Seriously, come back when you can read.

I said scpeculation does nothing, what the hell does that have to do with if I hate the updates?

I love most updates, but I don't like people babbling on about stuff that there is no way they can know.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

A lot of people are speculating about this. We'll see.

I personally think the wilderness right now is such a disaster that it would be very difficult for Jagex to make it worse. Getting rid of the "death penalty" (losing items) would probably improve the wild substantially, drawing in many of the people who never go in now for fear of losing items. It would also get rid of PJers, looters and other people who have no business even being there.

I dont get it, why is wildy such a disaster now? When was it better? Can u explain? And what is RWT???

@ Sammy The Maggot @

I think that gravestones probably WILL give the dead person's loot however, it will track what was dropped and who picked it up. They couldn't track the normal way items were dropped on the ground so by simply implementing this, RWT won't use the wild anymore to sell their gold as it will be detectable.

Think this is how it will be, jagex won't get rid of the wild. This sure seems like a good way to keep track of kills.

swordwarior.png

sounds like a "lock this thread til the update" kind of post

Where did Jagex say Bounty hunter would take over pvp? or that they'd remove picking up loot from death piles?

and I agree with wild goat. speculation gets confusing. Its ok in the summoning speculations because thats why jagex is tossing little hints everywhere. This speculation is based nothing more on what we've seen from jagex in the past and what could possibly come out of the future updates.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I think people should wait and see what disasters each update will bring. Jagex hardly gave us details, and speculating is a stupid thing to do, because they are an unpredictable company.

Bounty Hunter isn't going to kill PvP, as it probably will be more dangerous than PKing itself, as people will be clustered together and Rogue Bounty Hunters will probably kill you before you kill your target.

Clan Wars is an excellent update for clans that battle in the Wildy. They won't get interrupted while fighting anymore. My best guess is that Clan Wars will be F2P, as the majority of clans and PKing is there. If it isn't, it'll become an outrage. Bounty Hunter, I'm sure it's Members.