Is America Full?

PaperClipsYaaaar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time i checked there are more lazy americans cheating out the welfare system because they're too lazy to make an honest living no matter how bad the pay is. hence the reason illegals are needed to tend our lawns and work on construction sites... there are millions of illegals who do more for our country than americans millions of other americans.

America is full in one sense; it's full of mindless, idiotic drones who obey the top 1%. (Keep in mind, I'm American. Don't flame me for telling it like it is.)

On topic:

No, we still have tons of wildlife preserves, national parks and forests, and plenty of useless desert to build overpriced suburban houses and condos on.[/sarcasm]

Take away all the golf courses from the rich. You end up with thousands of acres of good land, AND you get rid of a snobby, elitist sport that wastes materials and land.

Basically, the typical American attitude toward immigrants, illegal or no, 'They tuk our joorbs!' I think it is truly amazing how noone seems to realize that every single person in the world is an immigrant, or a descendant of an immigrant, with the exception of the few people who may live in that small valley where human life first arose.

Personally, I'd love to trade 10 million of our lazy, undereducated, fat bigots for 10 million immigrants who want to have jobs and go to school. But then, its not my decision...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

The main problem I see is that there are many jobs that Americans would be happy to take for minimum wage, but they are currently being filled by illegal immigrants for less than minimum wage. It is honestly a situation where (as much as I hate to say it) "they took our jobs." Americans can compete with Mexicans who can afford to do the same work for half or even a quarter of the pay because that money goes so much farther in Mexico and other less developed countries. America isn't full, but there needs to be jobs available at a bare minimum of minimum wage for Americans to support their families before we can start giving jobs to illegal immigrants. Off to class for now, but I'd love to discuss more later.

Take away all the golf courses from the rich. You end up with thousands of acres of good land, AND you get rid of a snobby, elitist sport that wastes materials and land.

Your plan to make space is to get rid of golf courses :lol: ?

[Do you have any idea how big this country is, how much extra space we got? Land ain't exactly the problem here, bub -_-'.]

Personally, I'd love to trade 10 million of our lazy, undereducated, fat bigots for 10 million immigrants who want to have jobs and go to school. But then, its not my decision...

But if it was, good luck trying to pull an idea like that off.

/sarcasm

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The main problem I see is that there are many jobs that Americans would be happy to take for minimum wage, but they are currently being filled by illegal immigrants for less than minimum wage. It is honestly a situation where (as much as I hate to say it) "they took our jobs." Americans can compete with Mexicans who can afford to do the same work for half or even a quarter of the pay because that money goes so much farther in Mexico and other less developed countries. America isn't full, but there needs to be jobs available at a bare minimum of minimum wage for Americans to support their families before we can start giving jobs to illegal immigrants. Off to class for now, but I'd love to discuss more later.

Of course. It's not the immigrants fault, it's the capitalist employer's, who pays the workers less than the minimum wage.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

It's ironic that a nation of immigrants is so worried about Mexican immigrants just like in the past when there was worries about the Irish and Italian immigrants who both came to America and contributed a great deal to the country.

What happened to "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free?"

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

[hide]

Of course. It's not the immigrants fault, it's the capitalist employer's, who pays the workers less than the minimum wage.

[/hide]

Damn you capitalists! Look what you're doing to our once-great nation!

It's ironic that a nation of immigrants is so worried about Mexican immigrants just like in the past when there was worries about the Irish and Italian immigrants who both came to America and contributed a great deal to the country.

What happened to "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free?"

see, those guys entered legally.

And Paperclips: It's good to have you back :D

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

A lot did, a lot didn't.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

The punishment is harsh, but they did enter the US illegally. If i had my way then they would just have to pay a moderate fine then go take the citizenship test or leave of their own free will. That's a much better way to deal with immigrants than to kick them out and force them to go back to their old, hard life. Well i suppose its a matter of opinion but I still think that immigrants shouldn't be kicked out of the US, what kind of justice is that?

6p8kx0z.jpg

If you break the law the moment you stepped on the soil, you're doing it wrong.

I understand the immigrant issues. And yeah, the US did become stricter. But who are you kidding? Try to migrate to other Western countries and it's going to be the same experience.

onceiroseik5.png

That place is crowded as hell.

Hell's pretty crowded then? :P

America definitely isn't overpopulated. But we are populated.(ok, that was lame)

I think if we increased our population say, 2x, we would definitely be uncomfortable. Us Americans like our space, we don't want to be like china. Plus, its great to have wide open spaces.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

I don't like that people stay in this country illegally, my grandparents and parents came to this country in the late 70s by spending fractions of their fortunes and then obtained citizenship, so it isn't fair people just waltz into the country, get away with not paying taxes and get all the benefits.

And if it is something like they live here for 12 years and then get kicked out, its pretty stupid of them to have not applied for a citizenship in those 12years, it shows they were either delebrately dodging tax or they had no clue how the system works.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

If you break the law the moment you stepped on the soil, you're doing it wrong.

I understand the immigrant issues. And yeah, the US did become stricter. But who are you kidding? Try to migrate to other Western countries and it's going to be the same experience.

Not really. Most Western countries have very safe and logical immigration practices

I don't like that people stay in this country illegally, my grandparents and parents came to this country in the late 70s by spending fractions of their fortunes and then obtained citizenship,

Illegal immigrants spend their fortunes too, except they are forced to spend it to come here illegally rather than legally. The opportunities that were available to your grandparents in the 70s are not available today.

so it isn't fair people just waltz into the country

The things that these illegals go through are far less of a waltz than what your grandparents experienced during their safe, legal journey.

, get away with not paying taxes and get all the benefits.

Not paying taxes means not being a legal entity. Not being a legal entity means living off the grid. Living off the grid means not having any benefits. Illegals cannot apply for social security, welfare, etc., and they obviously do not have the language skills and boldness necessary to "con the system" as a real American person could.

Besides, the potential income tax from their below-minimum wage is too insignificant to matter.

And if it is something like they live here for 12 years and then get kicked out, its pretty stupid of them to have not applied for a citizenship in those 12years, it shows they were either delebrately dodging tax or they had no clue how the system works.

You should read the article. They exhausted all possibilities until they were forced to come here illegally, and during their 12 years here they spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to become legal immigrants.

wwidas6.jpg

Although he have a small population:land size ratio, I believe we are just about full. I understand in India they have over 1 billion citizens, I believe they are at least 10 times too overpopulated.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

Not really. Most Western countries have very safe and logical immigration practices

What's so illogical about America's immigration practice?

America does not exist as a refuge for Mexico's impoverished people.

Even though illegals cannot apply for gov't help, they still put a dent on the health care. Hospitals are legally required to take care of everyone that goes through the emergency room, legal or not. Not to mention things like accidents where the illegal will not have insurance. What will the state do? Imprison them and lose even more tax dollars feeding them?

onceiroseik5.png

What's so illogical about America's immigration practice?

America does not exist as a refuge for Mexico's impoverished people.

Using the word "refuge" implies that we are consciously aiding them, which is not true. All we need to do is give them a fair chance at finding jobs like everybody else in the history of this country. America is no more of a refuge to Mexican laborers than it was to the Chinese laborers before them, the Irish laborers before them, the German laborers before them, and the Puritan laborers before them.

Even though illegals cannot apply for gov't help, they still put a dent on the health care. Hospitals are legally required to take care of everyone that goes through the emergency room, legal or not. Not to mention things like accidents where the illegal will not have insurance. What will the state do? Imprison them and lose even more tax dollars feeding them?

If we surrounded the country with steel walls right now, evicted all illegal immigrants, and stopped immigration completely, emergency rooms and prisons would still be full and people would still not be able to afford insurance. Healthcare and Insurance in america are huge problems that extend far beyond (and before) the illegal immigration debate. It doesn't make sense to think that Mexicans, who desperately need to lay low and keep their jobs in this country, would be more likely to get injured or get imprisoned than regular Americans.

wwidas6.jpg

America is full in one sense; it's full of mindless, idiotic drones who obey the top 1%. (Keep in mind, I'm American. Don't flame me for telling it like it is.)

That actually applies to the entire human species.

On Topic: america is nowhere near full. I should know, i live here. When our land to people ratio is equal to japan's, then I'll say we are full.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Proven fact that each generation has double the population of the previous (at the turn of the

20th century the global population was lower than 1billion). So what else do I have to say?

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

If we surrounded the country with steel walls right now, evicted all illegal immigrants, and stopped immigration completely, emergency rooms and prisons would still be full and people would still not be able to afford insurance. Healthcare and Insurance in america are huge problems that extend far beyond (and before) the illegal immigration debate. It doesn't make sense to think that Mexicans, who desperately need to lay low and keep their jobs in this country, would be more likely to get injured or get imprisoned than regular Americans.

Ok, so you're saying that because it won;t completely solve the problem, it won't help at all?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I don't like that people stay in this country illegally, my grandparents and parents came to this country in the late 70s by spending fractions of their fortunes and then obtained citizenship, so it isn't fair people just waltz into the country, get away with not paying taxes and get all the benefits.

You know whats funny?(sorry for not giving you the chance to guess :P :XD) If Illegal Mexican immigrants make it to Florida before the coast guard catches them, they are granted sanctuary. And yet our government makes all this fuss about illegal immigration....

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!