another horrible change to the GE: sarcasm comes to life

agamemnus

I remember people being sarcastic in the Runescape forums (and perhaps here as well?) about Jagex limiting the amount of trades people can make. Well, it's not just sarcasm now. I don't know if it has been like this from the beginning but it would sure explain a lot of the problems people have been having with the GE:

There are several reasons why an offer may not complete:

You are asking too much (when selling) or offering too little (when buying).

If your offer has been in the system for a while, you may find that the prices have changed and your offer no longer falls into the price range for the items you are selling/buying. To prevent these trades unbalancing the market value of items, they will not be completed.

No one is interested in selling/buying the items!

If you have just bought/sold an item, you will not be able to sell/buy that item for a period of time. If we allowed this, it would be far too easy for someone to manipulate prices and prevent the economy from being stable.

INCOMPREHENSIBLE. #-o

It has been like that since the start.

Is it so hard to read the updates+knowledge base when things come out?

It is just a 5 minute wait. No need to make such a drama out of it.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

I don't think it's consistent. I can recall being able to buy something and then resell it immediately after. I've even been able to sell items to myself. :D

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

If you want to buy or sell more than one of an item then just increase the buy amt.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

its an overall good thing... it stops merchanting and too much trades = alotta alotta lag

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

It means you cant buy 500k ess for min price, then sell it again for market price.

Nothing wrong with it..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

It means you cant buy 500k ess for min price, then sell it again for market price.

Nothing wrong with it..

Yup, or the opposite, where you sell a bunch of an item and buy it back.

Don't see why you need to do that, unless you're merchanting or something. :-w

icecube7.jpeg

Nothing wrong with it..

an overall good thing... it stops merchanting and too much trades = alotta alotta lag

Actually no, this decreases efficiency and it doesn't stop merchants. This makes it in fact harder for everyone to buy or sell products. It in fact creates a higher bid/ask spread (for many markets/items) than would otherwise exist.

Qeltar, do you want to argue the point, or shall I?

So what if it takes a few days to sell? You're not actually trying to sell it anyway. If you want a quick sale, go to a busy world and sell it cheap!

By "you're" you mean me? Of course I'm trying to sell. I'm a merchant. ... So, why would I want to sell it cheap to someone else then? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the GE?..

for one thing, merchanting existed before the ge, and when it did you didn't buy something for the lowest price you could, then immediately sell it off for the highest price.

And unless I'm missing something, there's no reason you can't still merchant like you did the entire time there was no ge.

all the ge is built for is people like me who get tired of having things to sell but not wanting to stand around trying to sell them. It's not built to give people wealth, just a little convenience.

I don't see what's wrong with merchanting. Why is Jagex trying to shoot it down?

some would say things such as risk vs reward. merchanting pre-ge was nearly riskless. some risks however would be price drops. take for example, you buy the armadyl godsword at one point it was 250mil it had increased from 100mil-120m i think, i didnt keep up on it at the time. anyway, now it suddenly shoots to 200m+ if you bought it noticing the upward [bleep]e, at this time your item will do anything, stabilize drop or soar. it dropped.

however, these items are pricey and have not been in game "long". take for example a dragon square shield. what risk do you take when you buy the whole shield and not halves? the price will steadily go down most likely but it will remain to fall slowly.

Another blow to merchanting!

O well people shouldn't need to buy 10 torags sets anyway.

But for runes and stuff thats a different matter.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Think of it like this: Your clan puts in 1 Bill GP to buy up 1 Mill Mage Logs. Now, that VERY likely took out the low sellers.

Now your clan turns around and puts up 1 Mill mage logs at 30 gp (average) above what you got them for. It may take time, but you're probably going to sell all of them and make a 30 Mill profit (in addition to driving up prices), since your clan is now in control of a very large stock.

With this resell time freeze, you must wait a set time to get other sellers a chance to fill that void that you created with your market manipulating purchase. Then you can, after a set time, put your logs back on the market.

Basicly, Jagex does not want you using the Grand Exchange to flip items. Either you want to buy an item you need or sell an item you don't need.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Think of it like this: Your clan puts in 1 Bill GP to buy up 1 Mill Mage Logs. Now, that VERY likely took out the low sellers.

Now your clan turns around and puts up 1 Mill mage logs at 30 gp (average) above what you got them for. It may take time, but you're probably going to sell all of them and make a 30 Mill profit (in addition to driving up prices), since your clan is now in control of a very large stock.

With this resell time freeze, you must wait a set time to get other sellers a chance to fill that void that you created with your market manipulating purchase. Then you can, after a set time, put your logs back on the market.

Basicly, Jagex does not want you using the Grand Exchange to flip items. Either you want to buy an item you need or sell an item you don't need.

Since you used a clan as an example...

Why wouldn't one clan member buy up all the logs, then hand them to another clan member to flip them, thusly defeating the purpose of the "freeze"...

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours