Dealing with Death

Stone69_Eyes

One of my best friends just died half an hour ago, I feel severly broken and I just can't beleive that he is gone. we had many great times. We would sit outside of class for 15 minutes just talking to eachother before we went in to class. We spent hot summer & cold winter days together kicking the football to eachother and we would always get up to loads mischeif. I just don't know how I can cope with his death. One of my greatest friends. I need some advice to get me through this.

R.I.P

I'll never forget you.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

I'm sorry for your loss, it really is tragic when people die so young.

Don't bottle it up like I did. Speak to your other friends and family about it. Try to remember the good times. Might be worthwhile to see a counselor about it too.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Felt the same way when my best friend died :( Just think he would want you to be happy.

My mate was always positive, didn't like to be angry and then got angry that he would get angry hahaha... I try to remember that when I get upset, usually makes me smile.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

This summer I had been staying with my grandmother in order to work and take some classes at the same time. She was as healthy as could be for her age. One morning I woke up to a quiet house and found her passed away in her favorite chair. Shook the hell out of me.

My advice to you is:

1) Cry

2) Be strong

3) Remember the good times

4) Cry, damnit.

Seriously, just cry. When a loved one dies you have dozens of emotions running through your mind and they are often in turmoil. So let them out. I cried for almost three hours that day. And after that, grief passed quickly. I realized that she was in a better place, and that if I were to feel bad for her, I shouldn't. At the funeral, I talked about the good times and was a source of comfort and warmth for my entire family.

But above all remember: It's ok to cry.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Sorry for the loss, and as people said, you have to try and think of the good, rather than the bad.

try and "forget" about his death. without actually forgetting it. its hard to explain that one.

but all you can really do, it keep yourself busy, and try not thinking about it, think of good times. not bad.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

When my sisiter passed away i jsut sat by the computer all day, playing games where you kill others. (GTA, Battlefield, that stuff.)

And i still do after 1ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý year.

No offense, but that's really not healthy. You are turning your emotions into anger, which you release with violence (albeit synthetic).

Eventually, you may turn to physical violence in reaction to emotional stress in the future. It's not a good thing.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

When my sisiter passed away i jsut sat by the computer all day, playing games where you kill others. (GTA, Battlefield, that stuff.)

And i still do after 1ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý year.

No offense, but that's really not healthy. You are turning your emotions into anger, which you release with violence (albeit synthetic).

Eventually, you may turn to physical violence in reaction to emotional stress in the future. It's not a good thing.

Oh, maybe i exaggerated(sp?) a bit.. I don't play all the time. And i'm not a psycho. And i alredy released my anger a few times on pillows, walls, pepoles faces, and so on.

Pretty cool nowadays.

But anyways, that was a bit OT.

I don't got any "tip" or so.. i swore myself to never lissten to the "I know how you feel" things. Because noone knows how YOU feel. not even your mother.(in my chace(sp?), as it was my sis.)

Same with me.

tifsbti6oi.gif

Eight weeks ago, my grandfather came to my football game. We lost, but he was still proud of me. We went out to eat, had a great dinner, and said our good-byes. I never knew it was the last time I would ever see him. I cried for atleast an hour and a half, I couldn't believe it. He had a nice build, and he was extremely healthy. I'll miss that guy.

I'm sorry for your loss. You can cry, there's nothing wrong with it. Be strong, and don't bottle it up. You can get through this.

Kind of odd that you posted this today. My brother died exactly 7 years ago today. When it happened I just cried. A lot. Then I talked about it with family and stuff. I think about him everyday now. The best advice I can give is to just grieve for a while.

That's sad. :(

I can't say I can relate because no one close to me has ever died but all the best in getting through this tough time. I'd probably say just be open with how you feel to your family and feel free to let it all out. I'm sure your family will understand.

No one here will agree with me, but just simply forget.

A memory cannot make you feel pain if you don't remember it.

But that's the problem. I don't really think a lot about people that were close to me who have died, but it's always the little things that remind you of them. A store you used to visit together, a bench you would hang out on, those kind of things you can't simply forget.

And you shouldn't forget, when you're getting sad, cry and after that remind yourself of all the good times you have had.

best-guide-ever.jpg

in july 06 a friend called me to say that a girl we went to school with was in a car crash and went into a commatose state...she was like that for 3 weeks then the docs said she was dead. My friend who called me (ill call him bob so its easier) called again to say she was dead. At first I could not cry, I thought :''Crying isnt manly enough...what will my friends say if they know i cried'' After anouncing the bad news to the ppl i asked to pray for the girl, Bob called me to say she was alive she talked 5 mins with him and went back into coma. 2 weeks later the doctors had to unplug her. Bob called me again and i still could not cry! I am pretty sure that i could not cry because of the choice i made earlier.

My advice is the following: CRY!!!!!

it will help you evacuate you frustration and you will not keep that inside of you.

Trust me...now i am way more agressive then b4 her death and i still cant cry about rl issues...so dont let that frustration haunt you

Main: runswithsciz

skiller: pope skills

rendjs0.png

Only the good die young.

Truly sorry for your loss. people that age shouldn't have to go through this, nor should their families. We're kids and teens. we have our whole lives ahead of us. Our future shouldn't involve lying in a hospital bed or on the ground in the final moments of life. All you can say is he's in a better place now where it no longer hurts.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Just greive. Trying to keep it hidden won't help. Just think about the good times and how he will always be with you even though he's physically gone.

This is a temporary account. Ash6110 is my real one. As soon as I get my account back I will not be using this one anymore.

Thanks

Ash6110