10 December 2007 - ALL Updates!

Gold_Tiger10

Rants forum, rant thread 'Todays Updates.' averaging about 3 - 5 posts a second.

I must say, I'll have to think about this one.

Earlier that thread wasnt there, and I dont think the 50 pages of rants which were there before the update are still there.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runescape Update 1 February 08

It has come to our attention that many players are using the chat system to violate Runes 1, 5, 9, 11, 12, and 13 of the Terms of Service. To combat this serious problem we will be removing the chat system.

Enjoy summoning.

Runescape Update 14 February 08

It has come to our attention that many players are connecting to our servers in order to violate the rules of the Terms of Service. To put a stop to this, from now on computers are prohibited from connecting to Runescape.com

Also, several new costumes are available. You would be able to see them if you could access your account

Runescape Update 3 March 08

It has come to our attention that the accounts of several gold farmers and macroers remain on our servers. We have no choice but to burn down our office building.

Google [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]scape.

I just read the dev diary. Are that out of touch with players? They say that RWT will ruin runescape, but Wtf are they doing right now? And whats with saying that people will enjoy clan wars and bounty hunter more than regular wilderness? I've just been there and its complete garbage, I couldn't find my target, and I was getting teamed half the time. Great job Jagex. Great Job.

On a side note, the skeleton mage thing on the bottom looks hawt. <3:

No witty signatures for me :(

Runescape Update 1 February 08

It has come to our attention that many players are using the chat system to violate Runes 1, 5, 9, 11, 12, and 13 of the Terms of Service. To combat this serious problem we will be removing the chat system.

Enjoy summoning.

Runescape Update 14 February 08

It has come to our attention that many players are connecting to our servers in order to violate the rules of the Terms of Service. To put a stop to this, from now on computers are prohibited from connecting to Runescape.com

Also, several new costumes are available. You would be able to see them if you could access your account

Runescape Update 3 March 08

It has come to our attention that the accounts of several gold farmers and macroers remain on our servers. We have no choice but to burn down our office building.

+1 :XD:

No witty signatures for me :(

its funny really.. on private and fake servers they can stop the macroers. dont say they cant they can ive seen it :-$ so a 18 year old computer nerd can kill a macro program but a multi million dollar company cant? Gf jagex i guess rofl. as for 3k... freaking seriously 3k? pocket change my [wagon].. thats "damn need a invy slot... hmm trout or 50k? ill drop the cash" stuff. know a better way [bleep]ex? all u had to do was monitor deaths in the same way you supposedly monitor trades. If theres multiple uneven trades which appear to be a seller Ip ban them. how hard is that? was absolutely no need to destroy wildy, monster killing, trading. dueling and drop partys all in a 2 week period. So glad i quit and dropped all my [cabbage] when i did not now. R.I.P Rs Wow [cabbage]s all over you anyway :wink:

227545.png

~aus troopa 2~retired~90 whips dropped at quit party~ Gf Runescape Gf jagex life pawned u in the end;)~

Guest baronmaster

I don't usually moan about updates, but Bounty Hunter?

what a stupid mini game, I went just now and i just got absolutely slaughtered by a clan of 7 people. Basically what this game is, is clan up or die, and i'm sure that this isnt the way that Jagex intended for this mini game to be. WTF is the point in it?

I've yet to try clan wars, due to lack of a clan, but i'm hoping that this is a redeeming feature of this update.

As for the rest of it: it reallyd oesn't bother me, i dont usually stake or merch (make money unfairly) so im not too bothered.

However, was RWT that much of a problem to begin with ?

WTH are you all complaining about? Jagex have tried to do you all a favour by making the game fairer and safer for you to play, I think you all should be grateful. How many of you have been scammed for something, and then thought 'I wish that hadn't have happened'. Well, now it can't!!!

And as for the 'loss' of PKing, again, its not lost! For those of you who go singularly, you have Bounty Hunter. And if you want rewards, go Rogue! ANd for all you team/PKing clans, there's Clan Wars next door. You can still get all your adrenaline rushes from them.

Oh, and for all of you claiming that 'Runescape is officially dead OMFGZ0R WTH AM I GUNNA DO N0WS?!?!?!111. OMG I AM S000 GUNNA QU1T!!!1', then go on, do it! If you don't understand why this had to be done, then to be perfectly honest, I don't understand why you play. So, if you say you're going to quit, go on, do it!

Jagex come and try to make the game better for all of you, and you throw it back at them. Look at the W66 riot. Disgraceful.

UrbanLegend.png

I've just been there and its complete garbage, I couldn't find my target, and I was getting teamed half the time. Great job Jagex. Great Job.

Bounty locate spell? :-w

Not high enough mage? :evil:

Same here Cas.

I'm at world 66 now lol. Tons of rioting.

One day, when I look back on all this, I'm going to think to myself:

What the buck was I thinking?

I don't usually moan about updates, but Bounty Hunter?

what a stupid mini game, I went just now and i just got absolutely slaughtered by a clan of 7 people. Basically what this game is, is clan up or die, and i'm sure that this isnt the way that Jagex intended for this mini game to be. WTF is the point in it?

I've yet to try clan wars, due to lack of a clan, but i'm hoping that this is a redeeming feature of this update.

As for the rest of it: it reallyd oesn't bother me, i dont usually stake or merch (make money unfairly) so im not too bothered.

However, was RWT that much of a problem to begin with ?

its Fight Pits... only more [cabbage] and with noone actually going to play it :wink: grats [bleep]ex on making another complete waste of time and effort. i mean come on, if i wanted to get the [cabbage] bashed outta me for my items ill go to Kq or KBD with my best items noted in invy and die that way :roll: just play wow, better graphics, better game play and they dont [bleep] the game over every update :thumbsup:

227545.png

~aus troopa 2~retired~90 whips dropped at quit party~ Gf Runescape Gf jagex life pawned u in the end;)~

WTH are you all complaining about? Jagex have tried to do you all a favour by making the game fairer and safer for you to play, I think you all should be grateful. How many of you have been scammed for something, and then thought 'I wish that hadn't have happened'. Well, now it can't!!!

And as for the 'loss' of PKing, again, its not lost! For those of you who go singularly, you have Bounty Hunter. And if you want rewards, go Rogue! ANd for all you team/PKing clans, there's Clan Wars next door. You can still get all your adrenaline rushes from them.

Oh, and for all of you claiming that 'Runescape is officially dead OMFGZ0R WTH AM I GUNNA DO N0WS?!?!?!111. OMG I AM S000 GUNNA QU1T!!!1', then go on, do it! If you don't understand why this had to be done, then to be perfectly honest, I don't understand why you play. So, if you say you're going to quit, go on, do it!

Jagex come and try to make the game better for all of you, and you throw it back at them. Look at the W66 riot. Disgraceful.

back to mini clip ruffian

actually i'll head there myself...might find a game worth playing.

There goes the TET Christmas Drop Party!!! -.- #-o

Gah! So much hard work gone down the toilet! :cry:

This is a horrible update, alot things we found fun are dead :(

Oh no....

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

WBM. Please go kiss [wagon] somewhere else :roll:

227545.png

not many people will agree with your position, especially this update. It has hurt aspects that longstanding higher level players loved (I.E. drop parties by leaving players). Even people who stand by Jagex on most controversial updates are comming out and saying they dont like the way RWT is being dealt with. There has to be another way to deal with the problem. They need to release their game client like they said they were going to when they banned SS from being used. They can then monitor the amount of unballanced trades and take action accordingly. Without a game client it becomes easier for people to get away with cheating. With a game client they would be able to do hardwear bans. Meaning you wouldnt be able to use that harddrive to play Runescape ever again.

sig3gk6.png

Anyone want to guess how long the riots are going to last for? I'm definately thinking 24+ hours with all the different time zones...

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Not kissing [wagon], i'm talking sense mate :wink: . You don't this game anymore, don't play it. Simple as. Leave the people who actually do like it to play it without hearing your whining.

UrbanLegend.png

Copypasta from my thread on RSOF:

[hide=lolhuge]Real world trading is a problem that has plagued RuneScape pretty much since it went into version 2. I have played for 2 years with breaks now and again, and I can say this.

Jagex aren't completely thick.

When I first read the BTS this morning, I thought they had gone completely overboard with the restrictions. But then I sat and pondered. Since when have they chosen to reveal everything in the BTS? For all we could know, Jagex have some solutions to some of the issues addressed today.

For example. What if their gp trade limit was based on total skill level rather than being fixed? Players who play for more time could trade more freely than those who had only trained one skill, I.E. raw material bots.

Or if the lootshare system worked with an option to sell the item on the GE and evenly split the GP between everyone who killed that monster. Think about it. Would they kill team based monster killing after just releasing a massive team based dungeon?

Change has to happen to make it harder for RWT to go about their business. This has to be the biggest step for Jagex thus far, and it will be pretty confusing at first. By the time January comes, we will know exactly what is in store for everyone.

Remember what happened when Pure essence came out? That was without warning, and everyone ranted. Despite all the mayhem, everyone eventually calmed down and got used to it.

This is something that hasn't even been released yet, and we can't know all the details until it is.

In other words, quit whining, play the game, sort your items out before January, and then wait and see.

P.S. As for the wilderness, I cannot comment on that because I didn't really use it Pre-Update. I thought it was a waste of massive amounts of space anyway.[/hide]

Not kissing [wagon], i'm talking sense mate :wink: . You don't this game anymore, don't play it. Simple as. Leave the people who actually do like it to play it without hearing your whining.

oh yes...you're talking a lot of sense. while you're talking sense...please enjoy the following picture:

7xwt4l5.png

clearly you didnt read my signature :wink: i quit almost a month ago and dropped 120m+ in whips \' something youll never get to do coz of this [cabbage]ty update :P as for those who actually "do like it" look up fool they are all saying its killed the game as well :roll: pow pow there goes that arguement WBM :D

227545.png