10 December 2007 - ALL Updates!

Gold_Tiger10

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to f2p to do bounty hunter with a friend but I didn't realize he was 92 not 95 so I ended up all alone at high level cave (level 95+). I couldn't play Bounty Hunter at all as 10 players are required and each time I switched (8 times) I was the only person in the place.

People stayed away from Bounty Hunter in droves, I hope Jmods saw this.

cause it seems like a waste of time.. Lol

I think i'll hope on to see if i can kill a revenant lol only thing on the update worth even checking out. I should quit rs and play WOW again jagex is gettin a lil out of hand with these lame [wagon] updates

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Anyone else agree with me? Worst. Update. Ever?

I can't believe Jagex would actually do this to what was once an amazing 'multiplayer' game. Hell, it would've been better if they just removed 'Real World Trading' from the rules list. Would've made a few people happy, rather than a whole lot of them pissed off.

I can truly say that this is probably the end of the game for a lot of people (not me! :P (yet)).

So yeah

gf runescape

rip runescape

whatever.

seve

and one more thing. im probably gonna quit rs, save up some money which was spent on members, buy a nokia 3210, and play snake II. its a hell of a lot better

boratto.jpg

Totally safety from rc pkers encourages use of abyss, more nats come into the game faster, so with increasing supply and fast decreasing demand, nat prices in ge are going to keep dropping by the day, till nat rcing is no longer profitable.

RIP

Rc Pkers has been more annoyance than real danger, this does not affect nothing...

aure22.png

Some updates are good some are bad. The clan wars I think was my sugestion it works like I sugested, it is where I sugetsed, and even what happens after the battle is like i sugested. So that is 2 sugestions for me that made it into the game. WOOT!!! WOOT!!!

Hmmmph.

I don't know what to say, some things don't really cause a concern for me, whilst some are major and completely ruin all the enjoyment of runescape for me.

How can I go Bandos hunting with my friend if we can't split the loot? What's the point, what if he get's a bandos hilt, hello, 30m+ for you, guess you'll have to wait until you get a hilt. *fights more* Oh look, I got another hilt and all you've got is a rune plate, gratz, over 70m for me and 50k for you!

Nice one Jagex, you've managed to make skilling finally worthwhile, but ruined teamwork and promoting good spirit between players.

Guess I move on to WoW now.

Dark_Jab.png

Hmmmph.

I don't know what to say, some things don't really cause a concern for me, whilst some are major and completely ruin all the enjoyment of runescape for me.

How can I go Bandos hunting with my friend if we can't split the loot? What's the point, what if he get's a bandos hilt, hello, 30m+ for you, guess you'll have to wait until you get a hilt. *fights more* Oh look, I got another hilt and all you've got is a rune plate, gratz, over 70m for me and 50k for you!

Nice one Jagex, you've managed to make skilling finally worthwhile, but ruined teamwork and promoting good spirit between players.

Guess I move on to WoW now.

Couldn't every RS player get together and contribute with 5$ each so we can buy a big percentage of the shares in this company to stop them from "cabbaging" up the game? Lol...

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Totally safety from rc pkers encourages use of abyss, more nats come into the game faster, so with increasing supply and fast decreasing demand, nat prices in ge are going to keep dropping by the day, till nat rcing is no longer profitable.

RIP

Rc Pkers has been more annoyance than real danger, this does not affect nothing...

You fail to see my point there, no pker out there will be left to buy nats for "tb", which cease to exist now, with offensive magic out of the way now in pvp, what other uses for magic can you think of? Enchanting or teleporting, those don't use nats. Almost nobody left is going buy nats to train mage till 85 or 94, which is used in a dead pvp.

The problem i'm highlighting is: we can't sell the nats we rced.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

RIP

You fail to see my point there, no pker out there will be left to buy nats for "tb", which cease to exist now, with offensive magic out of the way now in pvp, what other uses for magic can you think of? Enchanting or teleporting, those don't use nats. Almost nobody left is going buy nats to train mage till 85 or 94, which is used in a dead pvp.

Already seen people using anchients and ice barrage ....which means that others will still alchemy up to those levels. Stop being so drastic. Everyone Alchemies and still have to alch bows and get magic lvls.

Well i have officially cancelled my membership and dropped all my stuff. So long Jagex! Guess I can go play Counter strike or something now.

Cool, 3 and a half hours since update... have fun.

Ah, it was a bit overdue anyways. I seriously do not wish to stick around to see what else they will do to ruin this game.

No witty signatures for me :(

And I thought they learned something from the player reactions of the duel arena update! Sheesh!!! :shock:

When your people riot, you don't go and make their life more painful that it is, you try to find a compromise.

For example, when bus drivers complain about bad wages, what good will solving this by blowing up all the buses have. Sure, drivers wont complain anymore, they'll be out of work, but the city will be without public transportation. <.<

What Jagex have done here then, after the Duel arena update, is ignore mostly everything players say or suggest, not once thinking about what really happened, and still continue this stupidly blind campaign to eliminate RWT, all in the hopes of making Runescape a better, safer game. They may have wiped out RWT, but they've also taken a huge chunk of their own, once great, game with them. Whats even more, no future updates can even remotely repair the damage done, because doing so would bring the "bad players" back again. Only options are to introduce completely new game..... or scrap this heap of junk and release a new game.

Might be a totally random thought, but this RWT elimination saga seemed to start when Jagex appointed that former Paypal CEO Iddison (or w/e his name was) to run their company. And that wasn't very long ago, now was it. In fact late October, this year. A few quick board meetings, a new business plan, and a superficial BTS to shove to the public was all that was needed. That BTS article had no clues or hints to what they were going to do about RWT. Just a fun November, it seemed.

Rather what followed every week was one horrid update ontop of another, executing the companys bold plan to wipe out the macroer/RWT portion of players. Legitimate players found themselves in the mercy of countless ridiculous limitations to moderate their once sandbox-styled gameplay.

Same story for December. Only now, they managed to smack down a final blow in one huge update. That stopped RWT, but it did far more damage to the game that the sweatshops and RWT had caused before. The list of things that are now pointless ingame is endless. I would think that by January, we will see a good portion of legitimate fun-loving players cancelling their memberships and heading out to seek better, less limited games to entertain them.

RWT - 0.

Jagex - 1.

Players - -1. :cry:

(this is my rant, and I won't speak more of this matter)

dontfearthereaper2.png

Couldn't every RS player get together and contribute with 5$ each so we can buy a big percentage of the shares in this company to stop them from "cabbaging" up the game? Lol...

That'd be the last thing we'd want, surely? If Jagex were owned by shareholders - and they wouldn't be us because we'd be outbid by giant investment companies - they'd be forced to do whatever turns a big profit, regardless of our opinions. Sure, this update isn't something we wanted either, but public independent shareholders aren't likely to take our side in a debate!

That'd be the last thing we'd want, surely? If Jagex were owned by shareholders - and they wouldn't be us because we'd be outbid by giant investment companies - they'd be forced to do whatever turns a big profit, regardless of our opinions. Sure, this update isn't something we wanted either, but public independent shareholders aren't likely to take our side in a debate!

It was a mere crappy joke about the stupid updates...

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I just realized how great these updates really are. The types of people who will quit because of them are exactly the types of people I want to quit. Bravo!

You want people who hold drop parties and give presents to freinds to quit rs? You want people who kill boss monsters with teams for money to quit rs?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

My biggest complaint is with the 3K trade limit. Now there is no possible way for high level/income players to give their friends their stuff when they leave the game. The only possible way to do it is to have a party in the party room, at non-peak hours, in an empty server, and hopfully no on sees that there is a 100mil drop part happining in 20 minutes. This was one of the best parts of runescape, helping out your friends, and now there is no efficient way to do that (besides skill "helping"). I havnt cared about a single update that people claimed ruined Runescape until this one. This ruins the team feel of the game and seriously makes me want to switch to playing WoW, Halo 3 or CoD4 much more. It makes no sense to hurt the team aspect of Runescape so much, it is what made it what it is today.

It seems to me that the newest thing will be people selling their accounts online instead of their gold. I'm sure someone will figure out a way to sell accounts safely away from Jagex control. You dont have to use eBay for selling your account. Someone will make a specific website to sell Runescape accounts on. My guess is it will be an open forum style market where people log on and sell their accounts. The market determines the price openly. Just a guess, but watch for it in the future, its the next logical path to take.

sig3gk6.png

I just realized how great these updates really are. The types of people who will quit because of them are exactly the types of people I want to quit. Bravo!

Have fun playing the game how you played it before the update. To most of us here it has aten a chunk out of Runescape.

I just realised that you, sir, are a fool for not thinking for the other people. It just shows how much the Rs community has become.

All of the RSC players will agree that they have gone too far from their original game.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

[hide]

RIP

[/hide]

Already seen people using anchients and ice barrage ....which means that others will still alchemy up to those levels. Stop being so drastic. Everyone Alchemies and still have to alch bows and get magic lvls.

Fair enough then. Maybe I'll stick around and see what might happen to nat prices, but I doubting their ability to hold their price. :?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.