10 December 2007 - ALL Updates!

Gold_Tiger10

JaGex still have to worry about macroers who do it for xp, not for material gain in real life. It's a much smaller amount but still there.

It's pretty much agreed that Jagex can, and does, ban botters. What they couldn't do is ban botters faster than the botters could make new accounts and transfer the items across. Banning the bot didn't achieve anything.

When botters aren't using disposable characters, Jagex should have a much better chance of detecting them as they play long-term to get their skills up. If a player bots to 99 in a skill but then gets the account banned, the player's lost everything. Banning suddenly means something again.

It may be the most horrible update imaginable, but it's got a chance of working. (For anyone who still wants to play, that is.)

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i stated earlier that abyss rcing hasnt been killed the revenants are minimal till about 25 wild

bounty hunter is a bit brutal

drop and trade limits annoy me and all but if you really think about it its not all that bad

rwt is eliminated for the most part right now .. and my bet is as soon as people realize this and it dies alltogether .. the limits are removed and put on reserve should rwt resume .. think of it as their saftey net should people doubt them .. like when your mom threatened to turn the car around heading to the amusment park

this net will come and go as needed .. if my guess is wrong and its permenent im issueing a mass quitting -.-

I've read everything Jagex had to say today. Seems more or les a total lockdown of RS. Tired of fighting bots, RWT, blah blah blah.....lets just lock the whole thing down. And that's what they did. I bet it will work too.

Now I'm hearing people...

"We pay we say"

"End of RuneScape"

more blah blah...

Did any of these people read the articles?

Prolly not. I understand what they did. I also read in several places that after the complete lockdown is in place they are going to listen to intelligent feedback and fix things.

"GASP I'll never be able to give my friend something waaahhhhh!"

Well you won't be able to for a bit but I'm totally positive they will figure a way out for you to do such things. Why do people assume this is a personal attack on you. It's not. It's the big bang to stop bots and RWT which people have been whining about for a few years and dogging them for not doing a good enough job. So now they finally drop the proverbial bomb and everyone freaks out. LOL. It's hilarious and I'm still chuckling. All the things gone that you are freaking out about and feel like Jagex did this to YOU will be worked out. If you can't hang with that then see ya. And don't give your stuff away because when your more patient and intelligent friends start to tell you things are settling and some things are getting worked out your stuff will still be there when you come back.

I agree. Be patient and see what happens. If you have intelligent feedback, im sure jagex wants to know what you have to say

Laughter is often the best medicine...so laugh!

at first i thought it was a good update

but now goodbye runescape, there is no decent pking anymore, you can't even help your friends ( you can't give a rune chain for free),...

the only good thing about it is the bankspace for players in f2p

I honestly thought this update was OK for Runescape. I read everything and thought, "well this should cut down on a lot of problems, and in time, we will all learn to cope with and accept these changes."

But then I saw that it effectively ruins monster hunting. The only part of RS that provides me with endless joy and longing.

I'm sure Jagex will fix this, but it is amazing that they overlooked it in the first place.

This is the first time in my seven years of RS, that I have ever been let down by Jagex.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I figured it out! Jagex is trying to make their updates as unappealing as possible so they can get the majority of people to stop subscribing to RS. Then, once more are leaving than coming in, Jagex plans to post a "regretful message" on the front page stating that they had to take the game off-line. Then, a week or two later, they will release MECHSCAPE. :boohoo:
Yeah, it all makes sense now. It seems their master plan or disaster plan (whichever way you look at it) is working.

:-w

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

I just realized how great these updates really are. The types of people who will quit because of them are exactly the types of people I want to quit. Bravo!

Have fun playing the game how you played it before the update. To most of us here it has aten a chunk out of Runescape.

I just realised that you, sir, are a fool for not thinking for the other people. It just shows how much the Rs community has become.

All of the RSC players will agree that they have gone too far from their original game.

i agree with paul, id gladly trade the nameless/faceless good spirited players for the removal of the filth of this game.

why should we think about any1 else? every1 is this game is so greedy, you have to evolve into being self centered most of the time. or at least thats what it looks like whenever you just dont want to be giving away stuff you dont trust people with.

IMO one word sums these updates up [cabbage] :cry:

Bye Bye rs, f2p just got two things that many people become members for in the first place:

Dueling,

More bank space,

They have also ruined monster hunting with any amount of people in a group, you cant share anything from the drop anymore.

Wildy, they choose your opponent? You cant get drops over 3k? 3k wont even cover food and pots.

I'll still stick around for a while, but if it gets worse than this I might have to find the $40 a month for WOW.

Michigander.png

IMO one word sums these updates up [cabbage] :cry:

Bye Bye rs, f2p just got two things that many people become members for in the first place:

Dueling,

More bank space,

They have also ruined monster hunting with any amount of people in a group, you cant share anything from the drop anymore.

Wildy, they choose your opponent? You cant get drops over 3k? 3k wont even cover food and pots.

I'll still stick around for a while, but if it gets worse than this I might have to find the $40 a month for WOW.

wow, why would it be $40 a month for you?

Runescape is my alone time so i generally play alone. Trades are always fair and don't keep many rs friends so drop parties aren't really my thing. It sucks that i can't borrow things from friends or them borrow from me anymore but now at least we will work ourselves to get it =p

Updates are really good. I prefer the old wilderness but it is better for pking the way it is. I liked the huge area being able to walk around and fight monsters in the wilderness. Just a dark great place.

How have they ruined 'MONSTER HUNTING'? Oh o.k they havent they've 'ruined' BOSS HUNTING...oh but wait theres lootshare now so all they've ruined is: You going KQ killing with your 10 levels lower 'friend' who you assure 'na no drop this time sorry' cause you always do the most damage.

Shut the [bleep] up.

How have they ruined 'MONSTER HUNTING'? Oh o.k they havent they've 'ruined' BOSS HUNTING...oh but wait theres lootshare now so all they've ruined is: You going KQ killing with your 10 levels lower 'friend' who you assure 'na no drop this time sorry' cause you always do the most damage.

Shut the [bleep] up.

yea and if you go like 5 times in your rs playing time kill that KQ and your lower level friend will get each time good drop?

fair?

Loot share works if you realy kill monsters in big numbers

Playing since may 2001 and proud not on having any skill over 90.

pure_putin.png

[hide=Click]

Hello,

I'm writing you this PM to let you know I have removed your topic from public view. It would normally be locked with direction to the update topic but with the enormity of the update the topics are being removed so the board doesn't become cluttered.

Here is the content of your topic in case you would like to post it in the update topic

[hide=Your Post]

We all know this new update is a load of..... you know, well a thread has been setup on RSC (sorry) which will be viewed by Jagex. http://www.zybez.net/community/index.php?showtopic=968627 click there. There is photographic evidence that Jagex will be watching that thread. Please do not spam that thread.

Please, if needed remove this but this is feared to be the end of RuneScape, Jagex need ideas and support.

[/hide]

Sincerely,

the_tallest1

Tip.It Administrator

[/hide]

We all know this new update is a load of..... you know, well a thread has been setup on RSC (sorry) which will be viewed by Jagex. http://www.zybez.net/community.....pic=968627 click there. There is photographic evidence that Jagex will be watching that thread. Please do not spam that thread.

Please, if needed remove this but this is feared to be the end of RuneScape, Jagex need ideas and support.

Does anybody think that the prices of green dragonhides and dragon bones will both plummet now with no risk of other players? The bots will be in full effect and probably even lower combat levels.

This could prove to higher general combat levels now that dragon bones are much more available.

Not2Day1024.png

Dragon Drops: Legs (01.03.08)

I just realized how great these updates really are. The types of people who will quit because of them are exactly the types of people I want to quit. Bravo!

Have fun playing the game how you played it before the update. To most of us here it has aten a chunk out of Runescape.

I just realised that you, sir, are a fool for not thinking for the other people. It just shows how much the Rs community has become.

All of the RSC players will agree that they have gone too far from their original game.

i agree with paul, id gladly trade the nameless/faceless good spirited players for the removal of the filth of this game.

why should we think about any1 else? every1 is this game is so greedy, you have to evolve into being self centered most of the time. or at least thats what it looks like whenever you just dont want to be giving away stuff you dont trust people with.

Yes but RS is an MMORPG and it's supposed to be based largely around interaction with other players and now they're making that very hard to do

77yLQy8.png

sorry for the repeat post -- this seems to be the right spot, tho...

Up until now, I was firmly on Jagex's side in the war against RWT. But 3k every 15 mins?!???? Please tell me how you will do law running, sell a whip outside the "official price" to quick raise cash, or -- for me the killer -- give my kids a present now and then?

Ok, everyone is grumbling, but there is a sense of fatalism here which is pathetic.

If all the fan sites (you know who you are -- runehq, zybez, tip.it and 2-3 more) would organize, we could bring Jagex to their knees.

First, a protest march. Let's say in an empty world, a silent march of supporters from Varrock to Fally.

Second, ratchet up the pressure. An allout call from the fansites for a two week boycott of memberships. Cancel your membership, and when it runs out don't renew for two weeks. Spend the time mining iron on a non-member world near Varrock; or raise your runecrafting with two weeks of fast, free airs on world 16. Plenty of things to do on non-members, and after two weeks you will remember why you liked members in the first place. I guarantee, two weeks of that sort of cash flow loss will take Jagex completely off guard.

Third, nominate representatives -- one from each fan site -- to negotiate in good faith with Jagex. Yes to fighting RWT; no to eliminating friendship via unbalanced trades!

The levers of power are at hand. Fan sites make an effective leadership and communication tool. Real life labor movements would have killed for these advantages.

Is tip.it content to whine, or will they join in an organized movement to represent the masses on RS?

beo

Ok, I'm not an active Runescape player anymore, but I stumbled across this update.

What does it mean? You can't trade outside 5% of the value?

Who determines value? Do values go up?

What will this mean for merchants? Is that effectively ruined?

What does it mean for rares? What are their values and will they ever go up?

I don't understand this, but from the looks of it, this is going to completely ruin an interesting economy.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg