10 December 2007 - ALL Updates!

Gold_Tiger10

I have added the QuickFind Code to the Official Forums Rant Topic on the Update into my signature below. Let Tipit Unite.

Perhaps if we post maturely with the reasoning behind our dislike of this update, with suggestions on better ways to resolve the problems that Jagex are trying to overcome, we may make some leeway. Many many many people who never post in the Official Forums are now posting, Jagex has to listen, if they don't well its their funeral.

Be proactive, not reactive!

shey.png

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10th December I woke up,

Drank my choco, washed the cup,

Opened the window , And what do I see?

My ugly neighbour , Screaming at me :

"They Ruined RuneScape" he said , cried and ran

I turned on my PC , Like a real man

Opened my browser, turned off my TV

And suddenly on my homepage, What do I see?

"RuneScape vs Real-world Trading " And I went on

"trades and drop changes" Yet I didn't yawn

Wilderness Changes! I smiled and clicked

But suddenly!! What do I read?

Mighty pkers, have been replaced with ghosts

Whole rant forum, is full of posts!

Understanding what my friend was talking about

I logged on the forum, and started to shout!

Why Jagex? Why you did that to me?

Made it so I cant attack, yet can see

The players that will freely roam

around the wilderness , like a bath of foam!

I Wanted to kill, but I couldn't PK,

I lost my merchanting, whats the point to play?

Duel Arena stinks, the Grand Exchange is a bore,

Jagex you yet again, fail us once more.

Why are messages hidden, jagex are you scared?

Do you feel that the truth, is something not bared?

Or do you want to lose your members never,

Because you have ruined this game, for now, for ever.

You can remove our posts, keep us quiet,

But when it goes down, there will always be a riot

Rants upon rants, people throw their fits,

Until this day came, now its time to call it quits.

I know the rhymes, might mistake, you see?

But it's Jagex! Don't blame it on me!

If you thought , that the Poem is great

Post it again, and we might change our Fate!

Thought this was a great poem someone posted on the forums.

icecube7.jpeg

I already bailed out and gave all my stuff to my friend. If this doesn't change, I'm moving to the Horde.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

ok after some simple calculations id like share this with u guys.

with the new trade system it will take about:

1 and a half month to split a dragon chain

4 and half month to split a bandos hilt

4 month to split a zammy hilt

15 months or 1 year and 3 month to split a armadyl hlit! :shock:

11 and a half month to split a sara hilt

this is not exact but close, it is between 2 ppl and trading every 15mins nonstop! have fun lootsharing :XD:

allbot.gif

allbot.png

allbot.png

Wow, even though i quit like 2 months ago, i checked the updates to see what is going on with Runescape and see this. I didn't think this would happen but it looks like it did. Ruined Runescape it seems like, but not too sure yet. I was thinking of maybe playing again, but doesn't seem like i will. I will just keep my 5 bucks/mo and buy a ps2 game or something. Will have more fun playing that then this game being run by seems like commies. I will miss the ol' Runescape though. Seems like they were like well if we can't stop them by our checkers, then lets just ruin the game for everybody. Seems like they just got lazy with it. Yea, RWT are bad, but you know back in Oct. they weren't THAT bad. I could cut my yews and such without too many problems. I rather have the autoers then have my game play severely limited.

Yeah, they took the easy way out.

But they warned players not to buy gold, players kept doing it.

Although its not fair to the majority of players, its just like being punished at school.

They've given the players that hate this update enough time to quit and rant before its all over for them. In all honesty, this just changes the dynamic of the auidence of the game. Although it sorta takes away the variety such as the economy. It takes away the competitive nature of the game which has become too much.

The reason why there are so many people flaming is because people are addicited to the games wealth and power. With this out of the way, the players that play for greed and wealth and glory are gone (or saying they are gone, nonetheless) and the players that play for fun, and social activities stay.

This is a game afterall, you can still kill people or whatever. The only thing that sucks is that you cant give a friend 900k so he can have fun in the game as well.

Ahh well, classic days coming back?

Jaskkes.png

Yeah, they took the easy way out.

But they warned players not to buy gold, players kept doing it.

Although its not fair to the majority of players, its just like being punished at school.

They've given the players that hate this update enough time to quit and rant before its all over for them. In all honesty, this just changes the dynamic of the auidence of the game. Although it sorta takes away the variety such as the economy. It takes away the competitive nature of the game which has become too much.

The reason why there are so many people flaming is because people are addicited to the games wealth and power. With this out of the way, the players that play for greed and wealth and glory are gone (or saying they are gone, nonetheless) and the players that play for fun, and social activities stay.

This is a game afterall, you can still kill people or whatever. The only thing that sucks is that you cant give a friend 900k so he can have fun in the game as well.

Ahh well, classic days coming back?

Exception that everyone get's punished.

This that I write from now has nothing to do with the quote.

For everyone that had "you need to adapt" on thier post : Not all of us lost something we though was fun yesterday atleast I did and I complain, when duel arena got "ruind" I showed a small respect for those who lost something instead of "haha", "you have to adapt lol" etc. so please what would you do if something you loved doing got removed? would you just go on like it was nothing? You would be mad wouldont you? So think again.

In my case It's mostly monster loot sharing and the wilderness? I pk quite a bit but I can live with it but I rather have the old size back.

igsig.png

For all you speculator rs out there, please close your eyes.

I'm speculating with all these updates, Jagex is planning to give Runescape a proper funeral, and slowly kill it off by shoo-ing away players with their updates, in order for a nice introduction of a game called "Mechscape " :?

This theory is 1% likely to happen, but eh it's just a guess.

Tipit.jpg

trading aint dead cuz i gave a friend 100k yesterday :/ still can trade lol

Until January 10th you can, but after that you can't.

Then, in the first week of January, we will change it to simply not allow unbalanced trades outside of the 3,000gp limit.

just one week they say

Jagex needs to understand that if you can't beat em without wrecking the bloody game, join em!

I don't see anythung wrong with RL trading, it didnt hurt the players, it didn't hurt jagex, it didn't hurt anyone really.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Pardon my French, but these are officially the most f*cked up updates RuneScape has ever made, I mean they're pretty much just digging their own graves.

wardockunder30kbla2.gif

Thanks Ronnii :D

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER

trading aint dead cuz i gave a friend 100k yesterday :/ still can trade lol

Until January 10th you can, but after that you can't.

Then, in the first week of January, we will change it to simply not allow unbalanced trades outside of the 3,000gp limit.

just one week they say

Are you a [developmentally delayed]?

Of course this will be perm.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I think the moral of this story is "Be careful what you wish for".

Several of the people posting rants I have personally seen complaining about bots and autoers. Now RWT is gone, they're pissed. Well, they asked for it, so what did they expect to happen?

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Jagex needs to understand that if you can't beat em without wrecking the bloody game, join em!

I don't see anythung wrong with RL trading, it didnt hurt the players, it didn't hurt jagex, it didn't hurt anyone really.

taken from the development diaries:

On the business side, real-world trading is just part of an even bigger problem. Mod Hobagoly says, "Real-world traders believe they are running legitimate businesses. In some cases, though, it's essentially organised crime." There is a whole industry built up around it exploiting cheap labour and involving illegal activities. The majority of bots that we ban from members have been paid for with stolen credit card numbers.

Such accounts don't earn us money, they cost us money in bank refund charges - money that could be better spent on creating new content for our players; money that could help us increase the level of support our players receive. Also, in the longer-term, if we had continued to experience these problems with account fraud, then it could have led to us no longer being able to accept credit card payments from legitimate players.

Dosen't hurt eh?

Dead+Dude4.png

I fail to see what the big fuss is about. Jagex owns the game and they can do as they please. I understand many are disappointed, but this was far from unexpected. If you don't like the updates, play something else, there's enough good stuff out there. And for the love of god, go buy yourself a sense of perspective.

I fail to see what the big fuss is about. Jagex owns the game and they can do as they please. I understand many are disappointed, but this was far from unexpected. If you don't like the updates, play something else, there's enough good stuff out there. And for the love of god, go buy yourself a sense of perspective.

+1

Jagex has decided what their target customer is and what that customer isn't.

Riots and boycotts may lend some sense of community amongst the disappointed, but in the end Jagex has weighed it all and chosen what they want to do.

The Runescape userbase has had years to police itself. If there was no demand for RWT, bots and farmers would not exist. They were in the game because enough players with compromised ethics chose to pay for their levels with real world cash, be it with daddy's phone bill, a stolen credit card or legitimate methods of payment.

The Runescape userbase failed miserably at policing itself, and now the clampdown is on.

I read through the forums yesterday. Fully half of the posts were cut & pastes of finger-pointing ASCII art, that poem about the cup of choco, a slogan stating "We Pay... We PK" and another post that ended "WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED"

It was different people cutting & pasting the same thing over and over and over again...

Sure, Jagex might pull the plug on half their servers tomorrow... but that's what they are choosing for their game.

Your only choice in the matter is whether you will stay and play or not.

As for me, I will still be there.

While I disapprove with the letter of some of the recent changes, I agree with their intent 100%.

The frontier days of Runescape are over. Sink, swim or get out of the pool.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

+1

Jagex has decided what their target customer is and what that customer isn't.

Riots and boycotts may lend some sense of community amongst the disappointed, but in the end Jagex has weighed it all and chosen what they want to do.

The Runescape userbase has had years to police itself. If there was no demand for RWT, bots and farmers would not exist. They were in the game because enough players with compromised ethics chose to pay for their levels with real world cash, be it with daddy's phone bill, a stolen credit card or legitimate methods of payment.

The Runescape userbase failed miserably at policing itself, and now the clampdown is on.

I read through the forums yesterday. Fully half of the posts were cut & pastes of finger-pointing ASCII art, that poem about the cup of choco, a slogan stating "We Pay... We PK" and another post that ended "WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED"

It was different people cutting & pasting the same thing over and over and over again...

Sure, Jagex might pull the plug on half their servers tomorrow... but that's what they are choosing for their game.

Your only choice in the matter is whether you will stay and play or not.

As for me, I will still be there.

While I disapprove with the letter of some of the recent changes, I agree with their intent 100%.

The frontier days of Runescape are over. Sink, swim or get out of the pool.

Well worded!

I actually think that those updates are pretty interesting and I am looking forward to see the consequences - especially if it effectively will win the war on RWT.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

It's great that Jagex are taking the fight to real world traders, but it is at the cost of so many loyal players.

I personally don't really like pk'ing, but I used to get a real buzz when I had to go into the wild to complete a clue scroll. Against my better judgement I used to gear up with my black d hide, dds sharks and all my pots, then set out on my walk through the wildy.

Not going to happen again, well not in the same way, only monsters can kill you now. If I wanted to get killed by a monster, I'll go and solo the kq.

A great and unique part of runescape has been destroyed. I will miss that feeling when I see another white dot appear on my minimap in level 50 wildy. RIP my old friend

oober

ooberman05.png

I know nobody particularly wants to think about future updates right now, but did anyone else notice that the only thing left this month that was stated in the BTS is the christmas event? Plus a few odd letters?

Which essentially means that the next proper update could well be summoning.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA