10 December 2007 - ALL Updates!

Gold_Tiger10

WTH are you all complaining about? Jagex have tried to do you all a favour by making the game fairer and safer for you to play, I think you all should be grateful. How many of you have been scammed for something, and then thought 'I wish that hadn't have happened'. Well, now it can't!!!

Doing us a favor? What are you talking about? Was I ever scammed in my RS days? Yes. For about 15m. But guess what, it was my fault.

And while we're on this helping us by scamming, I defiantly made more than I lost due to unbalanced trades. I've been on many a dk trip where the team got millions in loot. My friend has gotten a dragon chain at the KQ before that he split with me. Even as a noob, I was greeted with a 12m+ death pile at barrows. I'll gladly take the risk of being scammed and keep these so called unbalanced trades. 3k....seriously. Yes, I'm going to RWT by buying a blue partyhat for 10k less than Jagex says the price is. Sheesh.

And as for the 'loss' of PKing, again, its not lost! For those of you who go singularly, you have Bounty Hunter. And if you want rewards, go Rogue! ANd for all you team/PKing clans, there's Clan Wars next door. You can still get all your adrenaline rushes from them.

Unless you are working on a pure, you don't have your combats ranked in the top MILLION. Don't tell me that the wild is better now. Maybe if you've hit higher than a 10, you would know. Sorry if this sounds cruel.

Oh, and for all of you claiming that 'Runescape is officially dead OMFGZ0R WTH AM I GUNNA DO N0WS?!?!?!111. OMG I AM S000 GUNNA QU1T!!!1', then go on, do it! If you don't understand why this had to be done, then to be perfectly honest, I don't understand why you play. So, if you say you're going to quit, go on, do it!

Nobody responded with leetspeak, I don't know why you had to bring it up. And no, I don't understand why this had to be done. I personally don't care at ALL about RWT. If people want to waste their real life money to get better at a video game, let them. It doesn't bug me. The percentage of players buying RS gold illegally is so small. Why hurt everyone else.

I'm glad I quit a while back. RS is headed down the drain. I hope all these pissed off RS players don't go back to MechScape or whatever.

It was getting bad, but this is just awful. RIP RuneScape.

Oh and thanks for the bank space. :roll:

Jagex come and try to make the game better for all of you, and you throw it back at them. Look at the W66 riot. Disgraceful.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last thing I'll say on this topic: I think few of you appreciate how many people cheat on this game, even those of you here who do cheat probably think its fairly isolated, my feeling is that roughly 30% of people(members) cheat in this game and I'm talking about buying items for real money and macroing. The fact is I (often) overhear people talking about buying Geepee and the attitude of many players is 'you're lame if you DON'T cheat'.

Also give it a while and actually TRY the new features before declaring the sky is falling.

I personally found this cute. Re-read the parts of Kbase, and saw this. We now get more bank space. Or at least they say. At a price. Also, we get control over RWT. At a price. Yay this is pest control riot all over again.

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is possibly the worst best update ever!

Things that are now DEAD:

-Staking

-Pking

-Donating to people

-Drop Parties

-Sharing items

-Merchenting

Why not just revok our ability to walk. Who needs to walk anyway :thumbsup: .

The whole economy is going to fail now.

Terrible update Jagex.

[[wagon] holes]

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

update is a travesty

first of all, jagex has been too lazy to create a function to allow you to stop gaining exp that has been requested for ages. I have a level 55 and a 100 about to level up...I basically have no choice but to eventually be thrown to the dogs on both characters. I don't want either character in the next bracket, and yet exp is turned on in this minigame

180 second penalty for rogue killing?? people don't even care, it's so inconsequential...there are those with 100+ rogue kills already, what the heck jagex

the high scores are a joke-especialy the rogue high scores, all you need is a level 55 and a level 3, and 24 hours...ill rack up 1000 rogue kills and be on the top of this supposed leaderboard

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

I did say this would happen, did I not? Jagex is trying to end RS in order to prepare for MechScape.

All I have to say is...

SHUT UP, IDIOT.

----

Jagex needs to do some major tweaking. They've destroyed RWT, but took out 20% of the game with it.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

update is a travesty

first of all, jagex has been too lazy to create a function to allow you to stop gaining exp that has been requested for ages. I have a level 55 and a 100 about to level up...I basically have no choice but to eventually be thrown to the dogs on both characters. I don't want either character in the next bracket, and yet exp is turned on in this minigame

180 second penalty for rogue killing?? people don't even care, it's so inconsequential...there are those with 100+ rogue kills already, what the heck jagex

the high scores are a joke-especialy the rogue high scores, all you need is a level 55 and a level 3, and 24 hours...ill rack up 1000 rogue kills and be on the top of this supposed leaderboard

You think they are lazy over there? The simple sentence "jagex has been too lazy" shows true ignorance. For god's sake, they just released two new minigames, a massive trade system and alternative to player owned shops, created a way for players to assist others with their own skill levels, and made a way to make millions of gp from nothing but a simple competition. In addition to offering players of all interests all kinds of fun, these updates put a stop to RWT's and macros alike. Runescape, f2p and p2p, is free of both of these heavy burdens.

Maybe if the majority of players out there weren't so busy complaining about these updates, they could be shaken out of their selfish, diluted and ignorant worlds. Take some time to read every part of every update in the RS news section, and then you will have some real insight to give on the situation. Before you start ranting about how things should be changed back, you need to know what has already been done.

In essence, all of the same actions you could previously preform have had nothing done to them except for being translated into new ways of performing them. Pkers can still pk, clans can still wage war, and without losing items. The only thing you cant do is RWT and auto. That is a good thing. So look at the advantages, everybody, because they outweigh the disadvantages by far.

picture7eo0.png

OK, the other day I went to lumby and gave a bunch of noobs and people who had jsut died 10k each (Gave out 1mil) and I cant do this anymroe

No more being nice

No more pking

No more drop parties

No more merchanting

No more runescape

I used to bot, crack, cheat, scam in Runescape I admit, this update just makes everyone on the cheating forums more pissed of, making more people cheat. I can't even play runescape for fun anymore, I dont give a [cabbage] about cheating, I cant even lend my new friend full mith armour. Like, wtf is up with that.

Well done Jagex, you have just killed Runescape =D>

agreed. rs is officially done, killed, dead.

how many people are quitting because of this? most of all of rs.

im quitting. its stupid, rs is nothing now.

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

update is a travesty

You think they are lazy over there? The simple sentence "jagex has been too lazy" shows true ignorance. For god's sake, they just released two new minigames, a massive trade system and alternative to player owned shops, created a way for players to assist others with their own skill levels, and made a way to make millions of gp from nothing but a simple competition. In addition to offering players of all interests all kinds of fun, these updates put a stop to RWT's and macros alike. Runescape, f2p and p2p, is free of both of these heavy burdens.

Maybe if the majority of players out there weren't so busy complaining about these updates, they could be shaken out of their selfish, diluted and ignorant worlds. Take some time to read every part of every update in the RS news section, and then you will have some real insight to give on the situation. Before you start ranting about how things should be changed back, you need to know what has already been done.

In essence, all of the same actions you could previously preform have had nothing done to them except for being translated into new ways of performing them. Pkers can still pk, clans can still wage war, and without losing items. The only thing you cant do is RWT and auto. That is a good thing. So look at the advantages, everybody, because they outweigh the disadvantages by far.

WHAT ADVANTAGES~!!!!!! Who gives a rats a$$ about RWT!!! THey dont affect you!!! THis is going to ruin the economy, there will be no mass selling of items, no merchants, no drop trading, no pking.

THe wildy will be a free for all, theres nothing to lose, how dumb is that!!!!!!!

Wow, [bleep] this game. Quitting for good should be a piece of cake now. Ever since that guy joined Jagex, things started getting [bleep]ed up. Anyone wanna take my 250M+ pixels since I'm quitting? Oh that's right, I can't even give that away. [bleep] you Jagex. [bleep]ing CommieScape.

Last thing I'll say on this topic: I think few of you appreciate how many people cheat on this game, even those of you here who do cheat probably think its fairly isolated, my feeling is that roughly 30% of people(members) cheat in this game and I'm talking about buying items for real money and macroing. The fact is I (often) overhear people talking about buying Geepee and the attitude of many players is 'you're lame if you DON'T cheat'.

Also give it a while and actually TRY the new features before declaring the sky is falling.

Well, my feeling is that you are an idiot.

Even with your inflated number, what about the other 70%. We're still the vast majority. Why ruin it for us?

As I've posted earlier, if people are dumb enough to spend their money on gp, then let them. I personally don't care at all. They're the ones being stupid.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I never thought I'd see the day that some of the Tip.it greats, who through every mediocre update put up with the complainers and made the best of it, do exactly what they're protecting. And legitimately at that. When people at Tip.it start saying Runescape is over, then Runescape truly has reached it's pinnacle.

maxsig28nv.gif

Well, my feeling is that you are an idiot.

Even with your inflated number, what about the other 70%. We're still the vast majority. Why ruin it for us?

As I've posted earlier, if people are dumb enough to spend their money on gp, then let them. I personally don't care at all. They're the ones being stupid.

I personally think it makes the game boring. A friend gave me 1 Million on Animal Crossing DS and it made everything too easy. If I suddenly had 100M I would probably quit (even although I already did) due to everything taking little effort.

| Back From Retirement | Known as Tylerk116 |

x_krohboy_x.png

I never thought I'd see the day that some of the Tip.it greats, who through every mediocre update put up with the complainers and made the best of it, do exactly what they're protecting. And legitimately at that. When people at Tip.it start saying Runescape is over, then Runescape truly has reached it's pinnacle.

Agreed. But it is not over, because most of the players are still going to stand by, however hypocritical they may be.

picture7eo0.png

Isn't it funny how all of the sweet updates recently just softened us up so this blow can knock us down further than ever before. I won't pass final judgment until i play it for a while, but I have a gut feeling this might kill rs, :boohoo:

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

I just published a long, detailed examination of the recent changes, focusing on player interaction and trading issues. While this article makes clear that I don't like the updates, it is not a rant. Rather, it is a list of specific problems with constructive recommendations for improving things within the context of Jagex's obvious desire to make combatting RWT a priority.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I lost the count - how many things killed rs recently ? (the last few months)

They killed the wildness, you cant solo pk anymore and really crippled clan pking. Its a big blow...

Wondering what to do with life .....

I lost the count - how many things killed rs recently ? (the last few months)

They killed the wildness, you cant solo pk anymore and really crippled clan pking. Its a big blow...

that was sarcasm , everytime when there is update and I come here (in TIF or any other rs forum) to look at the new threats 50% of them is "oh my god they've killed rs ! read pl0x!". thats why I asked how many times they have "killed rs" by now ...

strange but everytime they kill the game ... well donno , I can enter , play , exit etc ... it doesnt look dead to me :?