10 December 2007 - ALL Updates!

Gold_Tiger10

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not the wild i hate about the update its the trade thing. I mean yes pking is ruin but the wild ws corrupted anyway by pures and 1 itemers. Where as the trade update will ruin a lot of things such as sharing, world 66 law comp, world 36 nat comp, and giving presents

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png

Ah, quit the melodrama everyone. Sure, I hate these updates as much as anyone, but people are acting like its going to bring on the Apocalypse (in Runescape). The people that say they are quiting (quite a few, I grant you), will eventually be back. Kudos to Jagex for having the balls to take such a radical step.

Enjoy your extra bankspace 8-)

[bleep] you 8-)

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

For all you speculator rs out there, please close your eyes.

I'm speculating with all these updates, Jagex is planning to give Runescape a proper funeral, and slowly kill it off by shoo-ing away players with their updates, in order for a nice introduction of a game called "Mechscape " :?

This theory is 1% likely to happen, but eh it's just a guess.

0%.

Companies don't do things like that. Ever.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

System Update...

This is to fix an urgent bug with the game client where it could crash whilst a player was trying to login. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks a lot that bug was annoying!

Also i think there's a bug where you accidentally removed the wildy and any fun aspect of the game worth paying for.. hopefully you'll get right onto it "Nexus"

p.s you blow jagex

SOTW_Tag1.png

here!

what the update isn't that bad.go check w7 rimmy yews, what do you see? Nothing. deserted. I think your'e going over the top here. Whatever happens just try to adapt. Most of these comments are really harsh personally i'd like YOU to make your'e own java based platform game as successful as RuneScape. stop whining like little kids. Maybe some of these updates werent the best but that's absolutely no reason to complain as much as you are.

Remember-Live and learn.

:?

360 GT: hotdogstandyeah

System Update...

This is to fix an urgent bug with the game client where it could crash whilst a player was trying to login. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks a lot that bug was annoying!

Also i think there's a bug where you accidentally removed the wildy and any fun aspect of the game worth paying for.. hopefully you'll get right onto it "Nexus"

p.s you blow jagex

I just died laughing :)

Best post of the year loool

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Idea: If free players have to be penalized by wild shrinked, 3k trades and so,

what about giving them summoning, too ?

duel.gif

You've just got extra bank space and a duel arena, and now you want a new skill to? Be thankful you're playing a game that you don't have to pay for.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Runescape is dead for most people of the clan community.

I have made an official rant topic from the clan community members to Jagex, put this code into the Runescape forums and reply: 27-28-736-54686402 A lot of well known clan members, leaders, figureheads and icons of the clan community have replied, over 300 replies and a reply by Mod Raven too. Please reply with a good responce not just "agreed" if possible.

A lot of clan members have already quit, apparently hundreds have unsubscribed from members, and almost everyone is saying if changes aren't made then they're quitting. If changes aren't made it's safe to say the clan community will be halved from thousands to perhaps hundreds.

Worst update in 4 years as a player of Runescape.

No doubt I am giving Jagex until the end of the month to make changes in the wilderness. If they don't I unsubscribe and quit like hundreds of other patrons to Runescape. ;\

An Ork renevant chased me halfway across the "wild", dealing 20's every 5 seconds.

Pkers can't Pk anymore.

Drop Parties: The party room.

Well, if it was a decent drop party, every noob on the world will steal their st00f first, thanks to the bankers "1m being dropped in the partyroom!"

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Wow. The oldest and (probably) most enjoyed part of Runescape... ruined. So if a guy dies in wildy, his teammates keep his grave alive and the guy simply gets back to thats pot within an hour to get ALL of his stuff back??

Lmfao. Jagex has good intentions, but they sure know how to fonk it all up.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

what the update isn't that bad.go check w7 rimmy yews, what do you see? Nothing. deserted. I think your'e going over the top here. Whatever happens just try to adapt. Most of these comments are really harsh personally i'd like YOU to make your'e own java based platform game as successful as RuneScape. stop whining like little kids. Maybe some of these updates werent the best but that's absolutely no reason to complain as much as you are.

Remember-Live and learn.

:?

Spoken like a true newer player. What ticks me off most about these crappy updates, is the overwhelming group of "newer" players that don't know anything about what RuneScape used to be and what it used to represent :roll: .

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

For everyone threatening to quit over the new updates, GO already, leave, beat it. The rest of us are glad to see you gone. Just donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t make your exit slow, we donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want to hear over and over again, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅI am going to quit if I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get my way. I will take my ball and go home. I mean it. I am really going to do it. You just watch me. Here I go now.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

For everyone threatening to quit over the new updates, GO already, leave, beat it. The rest of us are glad to see you gone. Just donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t make your exit slow, we donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want to hear over and over again, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅI am going to quit if I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get my way. I will take my ball and go home. I mean it. I am really going to do it. You just watch me. Here I go now.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ
siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

I just came to a realization when reading through these posts (20 pages in 30 hours...wow). Americas Army Operations used to be a great free game (anyone ever play it?), but they started to make drastic changes to it to cater to the newer players to try and get more people on the game. They also changed parts of the game to curtail cheating. The changes they made to it caused the mass exidous of a majority of the hardcore high 'honor' fans. These were the people who played every day, hours a day, and kept the game popular just by playing it and spreading the word about it. AA:O is now in a rebuilding stage because of this huge loss. I am waiting for version 3.0 to come out to see if they made it like the old versions of the game, before its tragic demise.

This story wasnt for nothing, I swear. This story reminded me of Runescape. Runescape has become so worried about attracting new players and by limiting cheating that they forgot about their hardcore fan base that keeps the game running and keeps spreading the word that Runescape is awsome. If all of these people leave the game, think about the free advertisement they lose. When I tell people about Runescape I tell them how awesome of a game it is, how great the economy is, and how fun it is to play with and against other people. Those ideas are dieing slowly. We are losing what once was one of the best games on the internet. Only time will tell what is going to happen to Runescape, but Jagex needs to re-prioritise itself to understand the nature of both the game and the people that keep it running, namely the players. The time to quit is not now. Now is the time to make changes to the game from with in it, if it dosnt work out, then its time to leave and come back later.....hopefully.

sig3gk6.png

lol look what I find, a nice poem that was on a rant on the RSOF

T'was two weeks before Christmas, and all through Runescape

Not a player had known what would soon be their fate.

The updates were posted on the website with care,

In hopes that all players would like what was there.

I logged onto Runescape and what did I see?

Four new updates were listed, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅWonder what they could be?ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Why are you all saying we cannot still monster kill in teams? Ever heard of Lootshare?

Your an idiot, loot share gives one person the loot yes but once the loot has been sold for say 15m then the money cannot be distributed throughout the team. Ever heard of using your brain?

cheesebap7dz.jpg

506953538win2.JPG

^Poker Tournament^

I didn't read through all 20 pages so I might have missed this, but HOW do you rwt? i mean , you can trade anywhere, why go into the wilderness? I don't get it...

my comments on the recent updates: I've been playing RS for about 3 years now and I think that most of the complainers in here are members, and the people who are saying "go ahead, quit" are mostly free. the recent updates have favored the free comunity more than the members. I mean, we finally got more bank space, we got wilderness capes, and we got the dual arena.

I agree that Jagex had only good intetions, but they have to think of the consequences that come with it.

Sure, they got +10 for trying to stop all the rwt and all, but then it's -15 for their players. In the end, I don't think RuneScape is going to make it, unless they make a lot of big changes. Maybe they will listen to the rants :)

I didn't read through all 20 pages so I might have missed this, but HOW do you rwt? i mean , you can trade anywhere, why go into the wilderness? I don't get it...

Trading normally is easily tracked. In the wilderness, you can do a workaround, which takes one extra step to track: Buyer kills the seller, who drops 1 mill and is level 3.

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

It's great that Jagex are taking the fight to real world traders, but it is at the cost of so many loyal players. ...

You call this loyal?

Enjoy your extra bankspace 8-)
[bleep] you 8-)

Jagex fails =D>

Pardon my French, but these are officially the most f*cked up updates RuneScape has ever made, I mean they're pretty much just digging their own graves.

Spoken like a true newer player. What ticks me off most about these crappy updates, is the overwhelming group of "newer" players that don't know anything about what RuneScape used to be and what it used to represent :roll: .

Well I guess that's loyalty for you -- they pay Jagex $5, and they automatically earn the right to act like spoiled brats. They give us what we've cried out for over the span of a year and a half, and we slap them in the face.

We demanded that major and drastic changes to RWT and autoers be put an end to once and for all, and we got it. Not one of us can say that we expected them to do this, but nether can we say that we didn't want autoers/RWT to be abolished. Want proof? Look at the end of this post. [Literally that's only the tip of the iceberg.]

We felt that autoers/macroers/bots/RWT were overrunning the game as we knew and enjoyed it. So Jagex took action (after a long and hard deliberation), and based on player feedback (I don't think they could ask for more player feedback if they wanted to!), they put an end to autoers/macroers/bots/RWT as best as they could.

Some of us complain that it changed the game as we knew it. Well, that's probably the price we pay for asking Jagex to seriously do something. It's downright childish to go off ranting about how they shouldn't have done these changes, because you and I both know that they were going to, so long as we kept pushing the autoer issue further and further and further along the chain. Now, we have the nerve to call Jagex "Communist", or "tyrannical", or only "concerned about the money". If anything, this goes to prove that they're interested in our best interests! If you cannot pick your head up from the ground to see that, even for a moment, then that puts you on a level no better than any five year old who can't go outside and play today.

Get over your little tantrum stage and appreciate the work that Jagex has done for us based on what we asked them to do. It's a definite shock, but it was never a matter that was either small or simple to counteract (i.e. reactive banning).

Evidence:

Mod Murdoch whips Autoers

Andrew's response to autoing

Jagex...Your HELPING autoers!

I see this as a very serious issue...

The long truth about jagex-very important, get informed <- This could be seen as childish dribble, but it does hammer home some effect of autoers on the minds of the players

Idea Against Woodcutting Marcos

change to economy if autoers stopped?

Regarding the Essence Autoers/Yew Log Autoers. <- Lime Mercury did some good work on this one, so it's worth a read

P Mods: Get Exp While Getting Rid of Yew Bots!

------

Afterword:

The list goes on, people. Just hit up a search for "autoers", "goldfarmers", "macroers", and you'll see a lot more information about the hatred of the matter than I would care to bring to your attention at this time. It's just that all of those theories and ideas and what not don't go to nearly the same length that Jagex did. It's not really our fault -- not one of us here really knows what goes on behind the scenes, nor did we know what Jagex was doing to counteract it, until the Development Diary was revealed. Here's a partial list of what was suggested here on these boards, and why it wouldn't necessarily work.

IP banning is already in effect. Proxies and constant renewal of IPs can be done in a matter of thirty seconds.

MAC address banning is easy enough to counter-circumvent as well.

Adding any sort of detection software goes against the idea that Jagex/RuneScape is 100% safe, as they might be flipping through your browsing history. It's not that any one of us does anything bad, I just don't want anyone to go through that stuff without my permission.

Hardware detection and banning isn't possible. Only way that a computer can communicate with another is through a MAC address (Logical Link Control), so doing anything with the hard disk or processor is out of the freaking question.

Adding various blocks to skills through other skills means that the autoer levels two skills instead of one.

Drop trading goods, getting "PKed", unbalanced duels, death by environment and the Party Room were covert ways to transfer RuneScape gold/goods without being immediately traceable. [Think about it -- who actually used the Party Room anyway?]

Well that's all I have to say about the matter. You can either whine about what you wanted, or you can appreciate what they've gone through to get rid of this kind of scum once and for all.

[While you're at it, why don't you boycott some of the "fansites" that have these same goldselling advertisements in their banners? I don't think Tip has any like that, so you're cool there...]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

So Jagex thinks RWT is over here is a news post on a RWT site:

The New Trading Rule of Runescape Gold

Dear valued customers,

Considering the update in Runescape those days, it is impossible to trade gold or items in game. We have to stop offering the Runescape money and items temporarily.

We are trying best to resolve those problems. During those days, we provide 3 suggestions for you:

1. You can change your gold order into power lvling. Our lvlers are all the real persons who are professtional and experience. So that your power lvling will be completed fast and safely.

2. You can provide us your Runescape account which should be with 1 high skill lvl to earn the gold in game. We will arrange staff to farm the gold in game for you. Though it costs more labore and energy for those work than just delivering the gold in game, you can set your heart at rest becasue we never charge you more for that. The whole farming process may take some days. When we are finished, we will email you to notify. (This suggestion is applicable for the customers who has purchsed the RS gold but still not received them.)

3. If you neither want to change your gold order to power lvling, nor give us your high lvl account to farm the gold in game, we will keep the order for you and endeavor to find the way to complete your order as soon as possible. (This suggestion is applicable for the customers who has purchsed the RS gold but still not received them.)

and

The New Convenience for Runescape Gold

Considering the update in Runescape those days , trading gold or items in game is impossible. Now we provide a new way for deliver RS gold for you.

1. Please provide your account name and pass when you place an RS gold order.

2. The professtional levelers will login the account to farm the gold for you.

3. The finish time of your order will depend on the level states of your account. When your order is completed, we will email you to notify.

Because of the previous rule by Jagex,the price is a little bit higher than before,thanks for your understanding!

:-w

Yeah! More Bank Space!!!

lol, I've been wanting to post that for a while now. That is seriously the thing that effects me the most out of all the updates. Overall, I am a very independent player. I dont rely on other players for much, and that eliminates many of the problems I would have had with the updates. Oh, and I can finally go into the wilderness and explore fairly freely, with only computer AI to combat rather than a human controller.

The only other thing might be balanced trades... I sometimes give stuff to my friend to help him out. Oh well, I guess Ill just start paying him for the gems he gives me.

Flyingjj.png