10 December 2007 - ALL Updates!

Gold_Tiger10

WTH are you all complaining about? Jagex have tried to do you all a favour by making the game fairer and safer for you to play, I think you all should be grateful. How many of you have been scammed for something, and then thought 'I wish that hadn't have happened'. Well, now it can't!!!

And as for the 'loss' of PKing, again, its not lost! For those of you who go singularly, you have Bounty Hunter. And if you want rewards, go Rogue! ANd for all you team/PKing clans, there's Clan Wars next door. You can still get all your adrenaline rushes from them.

Oh, and for all of you claiming that 'Runescape is officially dead OMFGZ0R WTH AM I GUNNA DO N0WS?!?!?!111. OMG I AM S000 GUNNA QU1T!!!1', then go on, do it! If you don't understand why this had to be done, then to be perfectly honest, I don't understand why you play. So, if you say you're going to quit, go on, do it!

Jagex come and try to make the game better for all of you, and you throw it back at them. Look at the W66 riot. Disgraceful.

WBM. Please go kiss [wagon] somewhere else :roll:

Not kissing [wagon], i'm talking sense mate :wink: . You don't this game anymore, don't play it. Simple as. Leave the people who actually do like it to play it without hearing your whining.

The general opinion here is that these updates have killed off parts of the games that many players loved, and in some cases have left players will very little left to play for.

You don't like this forum, don't post here, simple as.

Leave the people who are actually trying to have a discussion involving their opinions to carry on without having to read your Holier than thou posts.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where i quit runescape :D

later guys.

it was fun for a while, then it slowly started to fail.

id give on of you my Santa but you cant give away gifts now. Why is it that JaGex cannot fix a problem without creating more than 1 to fill its place?

o well

thanks JaGex

4e0Vn.png

Excellent job Jagex! Yes, they kills certain things, but this is the best way to stop RWT! Kudos to Jagex

Those certain things you talk about are actually almost all the fun things in the game or in other words the things that keep people playing Runescape... What's the point of a safe game if no one plays it :-w .

Proud Quest Cape Owner

Excellent job Jagex! Yes, they kills certain things, but this is the best way to stop RWT! Kudos to Jagex

Pretty big amount of RuneScapers are pkers. Prices will rise, in RS but also in real life, and i mean membership. How do you think this will affect p2p's monthly prices ? Twice, mayby even three times bigger. If not, Jagex has to fire some of its staff-> less updates.

I am surprised about how Jagex doesn't hear players. After the duel arena update, most of the people tought "I hope they don't go for wilderness next!"

I'm not saying that fighting against RWT isn't good thing. The way Jagex fights isn't just right. This is propably said, even in duel arena topic, but apparently most of skillers like "bean824" won't just get it. So again: what if Jagex destroyed area that is close to you, skilling ? Dramatic changes, that you just can't see why they did them after all. Apparently "bean824", is one of those complainers, for he even complains for those who's fun this update ruined. If skilling was ruined, he'd be one of the first people to complain.

Yes, i am also complaining about this update.

I just hope Jagex would finally see where their game is going and hear critic, and i'm not talking about "pls old stuff bak or i quit ::S", i mean sensible critic. There is some of that, too.

-I Am Your Ex

Andrew, give me some of those insane drugs you use. I need em now to mourn the coming of this totally new and inferior game.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

WTH are you all complaining about? Jagex have tried to do you all a favour by making the game fairer and safer for you to play, I think you all should be grateful. How many of you have been scammed for something, and then thought 'I wish that hadn't have happened'. Well, now it can't!!!

And as for the 'loss' of PKing, again, its not lost! For those of you who go singularly, you have Bounty Hunter. And if you want rewards, go Rogue! ANd for all you team/PKing clans, there's Clan Wars next door. You can still get all your adrenaline rushes from them.

Oh, and for all of you claiming that 'Runescape is officially dead OMFGZ0R WTH AM I GUNNA DO N0WS?!?!?!111. OMG I AM S000 GUNNA QU1T!!!1', then go on, do it! If you don't understand why this had to be done, then to be perfectly honest, I don't understand why you play. So, if you say you're going to quit, go on, do it!

Jagex come and try to make the game better for all of you, and you throw it back at them. Look at the W66 riot. Disgraceful.

Not kissing [wagon], i'm talking sense mate :wink: . You don't this game anymore, don't play it. Simple as. Leave the people who actually do like it to play it without hearing your whining.

The general opinion here is that these updates have killed off parts of the games that many players loved, and in some cases have left players will very little left to play for.

Leave the people who are actually trying to have a discussion involving their opinions to carry on without having to read your Holier than thou posts.

Show me the part of my posts in which I incinuated that I didn't like the forums, and I shall quit. Oh, and as for discussion about opinions, did you read my first post. Oh, no, that's not an opinion thats viable for discussion :roll: . So, lump it or leave it.

Magekillr, good point. Jagex may have overlooked that. I think they did the same about the Mystic Sets thing in Grand Exchange. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon, along with the other little problems of the latest updates.

UrbanLegend.png

Well, at least we (f2p) got some good updates after like 2 years :) Thanks for that Jagex.

Now here comes the best part.

There is no more staking, no more present giving, no more economy, no more drop parties which used to be very fun; no more wildy, no more PKRI, no more Returning, Crashes (I admit it is fun sometimes when your tw is crashed), no more fun 1v1 PKing (assigned player to kill is ****) no more... I don't know what should I say next. NO MORE RUNESCAPE!

And skillers, beware of the update Jagex is going to do next.

[hide=The Update]

Yes fellows, you guessed it right.

"Hello fellow Runescapians. We are here to tell you, that to completely demolish RWT we have made this update. You will not get raw materials which is worth more than 3K in 15 minutes. It means you will only get 3 mage logs per 15 minutes, or 10 yew logs etc. You will not be able to make items worth more than 3K per 15 minutes too!

For example, Amulet of Strenght is worth 6K (have no idea what price is at GE), so if you will make AoS, you won't be able to make any more items for 30 minutes, because 6000/30 = 3000/15.

Have a nice day dear skillers!"

[/hide]

Hehe, I know my sarcasm sucks but still, I hope it is a nice try to show what Jagex might be up to.

rsdeadst7oq2.jpg

Friend of PKGodz

I didn't think they'd do it, but alas, they have. My main worry is the whole "balanced trade system". I can now no longer give friends money or items, no longer share loot from boss kills, no longer w66 law craft or run. I really hope they reconsider.

On the other hand, if all these people threatening to quit actually quit, and all these "bad updates" ward off immature and shallow players, then the community may revert to a friendly, peaceful place; but this is simply wishful thinking.

Now to sell my natures before nat prices decrease due to lack of rc pkers...

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

In all honesty this update doesnt affect my that much all rpices etc will even out in the end and i was never really one to lend iems to a friend.

Now... all of you reading this who have said the words "I hate autoers", Jagex has responded by doing this. It was never that big of a problem.

ninja_biff.png

I'm going to be controversial and say I like the updates JaGex have made. It's their game, and they have done a good job with it, I just don't see what most of the fuss is about. The one problem is for skill based communities who have shared banks, although there ways around this. I can see JaGex creating guild banks soon, and apart from that I'm happy with the updates. A much needed update. =D>

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

[hide=Long list of Rants/Responses]

Show me the part of my posts in which I incinuated that I didn't like the forums, and I shall quit. Oh, and as for discussion about opinions, did you read my first post. Oh, no, that's not an opinion thats viable for discussion :roll: . So, lump it or leave it.

Magekillr, good point. Jagex may have overlooked that. I think they did the same about the Mystic Sets thing in Grand Exchange. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon, along with the other little problems of the latest updates.

[/hide]

Actually, your first post is an oppinion, not a question for discussion. They are obviously retorical questions, not meant to be answered. They are uneducated and attacking the majority of the Runescape community who feels that Jagex has made significant changes to the game that hurt the community and team aspect of Runescape that is so appealing to a majority of the players.

sig3gk6.png

I don't want my rant to die! Someone bump it please? :| (In my sig)

This is going to kill every legit rant if its owner can't bump it. >.<

Good thing they're warning me about the trade system. A friend owes me 1.2m. :o

And couldn't they make it 5%, like in the GE? 3k is absolutely nothing if you get to something like party hats.. -.-

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

I take back all rants on my behalf except for the lootshare problem with boss monsters.

I have explored the wilderness and I took the tutorial for bounty hunter, sounds to me like the good ol' faashioned wilderness except now, the more risks you take, the greater your rewards, at the cost of your own safety.

Clan Wars is pointless, it's castlewars but without the tickets.

The revenant's are basically the new pkers, you can only hunt for your prey within the same level group as you (I can't kill revenant imps unless I got them into level 102, which kinda doesnt exist). They are our new abyss pker noobs, just no where near as frequent.

The one big downside of the revenant's is that if there WAS anyone who did actually go off to kill the Chaos Elemental, you may as well stop, your going to take a right beating. Oh what fun trying to run away when the CE tele's you back and then you get maged for 30 and can't tele out of the wildy, huzzah!

Haven't seen gravestones yet but I don't think they are going to drastically change much.

Overall, a horrific shock to the system, it's going to take a good while to adapt, but yes, the good will overcome the bad.

It's going to take a few months for the market to redevelop. Skillers, congratulations! You may start making a bit more cash, cooking and fletching will become harder to buy skills. Things will change, and eventually they'll become either good or stable.

Today is the start of runescape 3.

Get used to it.

Also if you read the development diary, it would seem like 2008 is going to kick off with a big start and then keep on bringing bigger and better stuff.

It also looks like wilderness tag is going to appear, under a different name and newer concept! WOOOOO! :D

Dark_Jab.png

Wow...the magnitude of the new changes is pretty staggering. The GE already had me adjusting the way I did certain things, now it's time to re-evaluate again.

It's Jagex's world....we just choose (or choose not) to play in it.

But with one million paying members and six million non-paying, the reports of Runescape's death are pretty exaggerated. Believe me, it doesn't take much to run a MMORPG and the company is on very stable ground. (according to a recent BBC article, they are a $300 mil company)

People will come and go and the game will go on. The changes may cause some long time players to leave but over time they will be replaced by new long time players and players who start tomorrow will never even know what RS used to be like.

For me, there's still to much to do in the game to drive me away. The amount of varied content is still pretty impressive. Recently, just re-discovering some of the mini-games I haven't played in a while has added to my overall enjoyment. It's still a fun, relaxing way to kill time.

For anyone who thinks their enjoyment of the game is going to be diminished or gone entirely, it's probably a good time to move on. No amount of ranting is going to change things. Either adjust or quietly pack up your things and head out the door.

Jagex has managed to make the F2P world far less fun, while boosting the F2P worlds substantially. They have effectively killed the F2P side unless you play only to team or clan PK.

Item: You can't mine runite any more because the revenant critters kill you.

Item: You can't train in the wild any more, see above.

Item: You can't go pking in the wild any more, and the "penalty" for rogue killing doesn't stop the clans for even a second. This one was a stupid idea, it simply doesn't work.

Item: you can't give stuff to your friends, or build a pure acct and finance it with your main, because of the new trade laws.

Anyone want a lvl 86 miner acct? I'm done, they win, I'll find another game to play.

I'm not one to critisise Jagex but this has ruined the essence of RuneScape. we all know that the wilderness is dangerous so why ruin it? I think we will just have to live with it.

No more real world item trading i ihope but normal trading and drop party's have been ruined. You cannot have a private drop party anymore :(

No more lending things to friends. I guess its 1-0 to the RWT :( Gf

I like the gravestone update though :D

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I'm fine with all the updates

EXCEPT the 3k trade limit -.-

any1 have pics of the new ghosts or monsters in wildy, i've been there for half and hour and i dont see any <.<

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)